Another Earthquake in MD!!! EDIT: 5.8 in Virginia

Originally Posted by LIILdubb

I work on the top flood of a building in College Park MD, it was kinda shook...
One of my co-workers FREAKED out.

This is exactly how he responded...

I still can't stop laughing

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

TILL THIS DAY THAT IS THEEEE FUNNIEST SKIT IN ANY OF THE !@$!$%% MOVIES...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

first time i saw it i caught stomach cramps.....son lost his sould that day...

I'm sitting in my basement and I started shaking, felt like ship rocking back and forth...I laughed

Originally Posted by djaward

roll.gif

You east coast cats are sounding like little mijas right now. Its just an earthquake. 

roll.gif
Most of our buildings aren't designed to withstand an earthquake or its aftershocks so it is a pretty big deal. Add to the fact that most of the NYCs buildings are at the youngest 50 years old, it raises the question as to is it safe to go back inside.

this is like snow in WI, and then hearing of 1 inch snowfall in texas or south and s*** goes wild and chaotic and i just LOL

Philly ...... Chair started shaking, then the whole building. Got the hell out of my office building down 6 flights of stairs. They kept us outside for an hour before letting us back in.

I didn't feel anything here in Yonkers. But Cali dudes acting as if this is common and all saying we haven't had drills? Why should we if it's not something that happens as much as in Cali?

Originally Posted by remix

this is like snow in WI, and then hearing of 1 inch snowfall in texas or south and s*** goes wild and chaotic and i just LOL
perfect analogy. The SUPERBOWL damn near got shut down for 2 inches of snow.

I'm in Nova right now and it wasn't that bad.

The only thing that kinda slightly creeps me out is I was talking to this guy I used to work with on Friday; he's out in Arizona right now. And he was telling me to leave the area because @*!! was about to hit the fan regarding the economy and natural disasters etc.

Now I normally dismiss him as just some crackpot, but he gave me a link to this site that tracks all the seismic activity worldwide and everything, and then two days later we have an earthquake? The hell?
laugh.gif

I was in my under armour drawers and dark green church socks playing Black Ops. Man I'm so happy I didn't have to scramble outside looking like that. Would have been epic. Oh yeah Team MAnassas in the house 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i felt it in NJ... the whole crib was swaying like it was being towed... i could even feel it on the ground because it was vibrating... i was pissed thinking it was construction workers doing work outside in the neighborhood until my mom called saying there was an earthquake... i don't know how you west coast people do it... i was scared to say the least but then again im not use to earthquakes 
laugh.gif

I was eating at Baja Fresh in downtown DC getting a refill on my drink.  I didn't think anything of it at first and then folks just start running out of the building.  Traffic is a mess right now.

Back
Top Bottom