Another hiphop legend is gone, R.I.P Guru.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Guru was NOT a beast on the mic but him and Premo made great music and he's indeed a legend.
This
R.I.P. Guru 
frown.gif

That statement supposedly put out by Guru is a total $*$@$%! sham.

And it makes me sick that Solar would put something like that on Premo's heart, "I didn't have him in my life for 7 years and I don't want anything to do with him in death"...OH WORD?

smh.gif

Sad situation b.

I had the opportunity to meet Guru and Premo. Down to eart, real friendly. I'll take a pic of the album I had them sign.

RIP to a true legend

I had to opportunity to meet Guru and Primo actually years ago at Fat Beats in LA when Full Clip: The Greatest Hits came out. They both signed my poster and took pictures with me. And Guru talked to me for a while. I just told him I appreciate the fact that he is here and I love his words. He hugged me and we snapped a pic. That was a great day actually.

The poster still remains on the wall in my old room at my parents house. It read: To Shayla: Peace and Love Darling. One Love Guru '99.

Why did him and Primo fall out?

Yeah, that letter doesn't make any sense. Anyway, R.I.P. he was definitely a pioneer and a hip hop legend. "Hard to Earn" and "Moment of Truth" are two of my all-time favorite albums.

I still remember copping one of his albums in the virgin store in Chicago...... sorry to hear this. R.I.P.

so many memories guru!

who cares about how anyone feels about nething.....u and Primo made songs greater than ppls CAREERS!

"BIG L Rest In Peace Kid!"

Dum-dum-dum

da-da-da-dum-dum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

................dum-dum-dum-dum
dum-dum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by solesavage

RIP

Funny how most of the letter refers to Solar. Grimy m'fer.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. He's foul.
Sad news. Too bad him and DJ Premier didn't work things out. Does anyone know exactly why they fell out?

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

RIP GURU

"Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is, I get more props and stunts than Bruce Willis"

"Ex to Next" was one of my favorites

Ex to the Next was
eek.gif
. I loved "I'm the Man." And Above the clouds? Man, one of the best beats ever. RIP, I have been a fan fir years

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

Originally Posted by solesavage

RIP

Funny how most of the letter refers to Solar. Grimy m'fer.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. He's foul.
Sad news. Too bad him and DJ Premier didn't work things out. Does anyone know exactly why they fell out?

I wish someone would count how many times "Guru" refers to Solar in "his" letter.. Seems like "he's" referring to Solar as much as "himself", if not more.

roll.gif
damn reminds me one time I was bout to get down
devil.gif
with my soon to be wifey...TV was on in the background and "You Know My Steez" video was starting, and I told her "You know my steeezzz" and laughed. She got all mad..."What do you mean by that?"
laugh.gif

R.I.P Guru!

Originally Posted by TheGhostofCharlesOakley

That statement supposedly put out by Guru is a total $*$!%*@ sham.

And it makes me sick that Solar would put something like that on Premo's heart, "I didn't have him in my life for 7 years and I don't want anything to do with him in death"...OH WORD?

smh.gif

Sad situation b.

As a fan I was downright hurt to read those words. I hope that Solar did mess with it and that Guru didn't pass feeling this way. There is a story here though. A lot of inconsistencies and coverup. For once I hope TMZ goes hard and pulls all the griminess to the surface.

Back
Top Bottom