Another Snowstorm Vol: NYC/LI

the news last night said the snow is gonna stay in the atlantic and not hit us in NY
Whut? Conflicting reports now? Weather forecasters have it easy. They can say whatever 
mean.gif
I heard theres a possibility of two storms colliding this weekend and really messing ish up 
mean.gif

it's an inconvenience but you guys act like it's the end of the world.

not looking forward to shoveling later, but it's gotta be done.

Word.... it's not our first snowstorm

You'll have to leave earlier to get to your destination on time

You'll have to drive slower than usual

You'll have to shovel eventually if you live in a house

And life goes on

Last edited:
I don't mind shoveling at all. Doing it multiple times is what's ****** up.

It's liked you spill your juice, cleaned it up, got some more juice and then spilled it again. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Now this weird rain is mixing in with the snow fall. I'd hope it actually wither down the ice but it's probably cold enough to create more ice.

It is also ******* annoying that these news anchors are so hype about this **** like it's worth being 24 hr news. I'd rather watch Maury than this non-news ****. Idiots act like they never covered the weather before.

Last edited:
de blasio smokes dippers, i'm convinced

At one point earlier, the ABC 7 weather alert caption read "Hazardous travel advisory in NYC; Public Schools will be open today" :rolleyes

Good thing I'm no longer in school, but I can imagine how much of a pain in the *** this is for parents and students.

Last edited:
This, I'm not understanding his mindset.

de Blasio isn't the one who decided if schools should be closed or not. The state decides whether or not public schools should be open. Private schools on the other hand have a different approach. They have a board of officials that decided this sort of stuff.

The reason why the state decides whether or not to shut down schools is because they're the ones who give money to the public schools. Also, if a school isn't open an "X" amount of days during the school year--they miss out on the money from the state.

Last edited:
Man tell me why that rain made the snow heavier :smh: :lol: I thought it'd wither down the snow and ice in to slush and the ******* rain just turned in to hail :stoneface:

This, I'm not understanding his mindset.

de Blasio isn't the one who decided if schools should be closed or not. The state decides whether or not public schools should be open. Private schools on the other hand have a different approach. They have a board of officials that decided this sort of stuff.

The reason why the state decides whether or not to shut down schools is because they're the ones who give money to the public schools. Also, if a school isn't open an "X" amount of days during the school year--they miss out on the money from the state.

Still makes no sense to me because my son goes to a public school in Yonkers literally feet away from the Bronx and they let us know last night before a snowflake hit that school was closed. You said it at the end, the reason why NYC schools are open is solely for financial reason not safety.

Considering wearing my North Face pants over my work pants before I leave. Overreacting?

about 8 inches at least here in Maryland. Another 3-5 on the way this evening. Be safe, folks

My car does not do well in the snow (fishtailing, and has a hard time going up hill). I always had a AWD truck and switched over to a RWD car. Im taking the bus to work for the first time. Leaving 2 hours early too just in case.

Last edited:
Still makes no sense to me because my son goes to a public school in Yonkers literally feet away from the Bronx and they let us know last night before a snowflake hit that school was closed. You said it at the end, the reason why NYC schools are open is solely for financial reason not safety.

Yonkers isn't in NYC jurisdiction. They're funding doesn't come from the state like NYC public schools.

Back
Top Bottom