Another Snowstorm Vol: NYC/LI

Call me ignorant, because I'd love to learn if it calls for it, but is there actually any benefit of snowfall? I swear man, I see no positive of snow whatsoever
laugh.gif
Precipitation. Remember in the summer time when they talk about droughts (although we don't really see it in NYC)? We need it. It's basically rain in a lower temperature and pressure system. Although I hate snow it's necessary.

you NY heads act like your neighbors in CT dont have to deal with this also

anyways yea i hope sunday isnt bad

i dont want surprise 36 inch+ like last year, horrible

this was around the same time......before V Day

Gottta stock up on food and beverages sunday, make sunday night a ps4 and movie night.

Yes! Buy all the food that you likely won't need immediately! 

Upset?
Why would I be? It's just amazing how panic can make people run out to the store and buy a whole bunch of crap and then nothing happens. Fear mongering is a powerful tactic. 

Yeah or people would rather be prepared just in case there is a lot of snow. It's better to have some extra food than to have a low supply if it does become difficult to drive outside.

Yes! Buy all the food that you likely won't need immediately! 

Upset?
Why would I be? It's just amazing how panic can make people run out to the store and buy a whole bunch of crap and then nothing happens. Fear mongering is a powerful tactic. 
Yeah or people would rather be prepared just in case there is a lot of snow. It's better to have some extra food than to have a low supply if it does become difficult to drive outside.
True, but that's the thing. Not saying don't be prepared but the bigger point I'm trying to make is that you can make people buy whatever if you scare them enough into doing it. 

Last edited:
^
The ridiculous ones are the people filling up their shopping carts to the max or stuffing their cars full of grocery bags. I honestly think some people love this stuff since it gives them an excuse to act a little crazy. On my way to stop and shop now to get snacks, drinks, and soda. My shelves are looking kinda bare anyway.

^
The ridiculous ones are the people filling up their shopping carts to the max or stuffing their cars full of grocery bags. I honestly think some people love this stuff since it gives them an excuse to act a little crazy. On my way to stop and shop now to get snacks, drinks, and soda. My shelves are looking kinda bare anyway.
If you buy what you need yeah, that's fine. I've seen some people walking around the store with 2 shopping carts like it's the last shopping they will do until June is crazy. Even with a family that's just crazy. I wouldn't want to spend that much when I know I would be back out of the house in at least a few days later. 

I can always order from the cuchifrito from my block. They will deliver even if it's some hot chocolate with toasted bread and butter.

Back
Top Bottom