Another Unarmed Black Man Killed By Police.

Video in link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-man-shot-deputy-meant-stun-article-1.2181787

It was a mistake.

That’s the blasé explanation Oklahoma officials gave after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white deputy who accidentally pulled his gun when he meant to use his Taser.

The botched encounter was captured on a disturbing video released by police on Friday — nine days after the fatal Tulsa shooting.

“He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” Eric Harris says as he struggles on the ground following the April 2 shooting, which flew under the radar until video emerged a week later.

“F--- your breath,” a callous officer can be heard saying. “Shut the f--- up!”

Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, (below) shouted “Taser! Taser!” before pulling the trigger on his gun, firing a round into Harris.

“I shot him!” the former policeman says, dropping his gun. “I’m sorry.”

Bates was assisting other deputies who were trying to take Harris into custody after the felon fled from police during a sting operation, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office’s said.

“You shouldn’t have ****** ran!” another deputy screams, as Harris is held down by his neck and head.

Harris, who was in his 40s, was pronounced dead about an hour after the shooting, authorities said.

He had bolted from officers who were trying to arrest him for selling a 9 mm. semiautomatic pistol and ammunition to undercover cops.

Harris, who was unarmed, had reportedly done time for assault and battery on an officer.

He was “absolutely a threat when going down,” Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark said at a news conference.

Sheriff’s Capt. Billy McKelvey claims the arresting officers were not aware Harris had been shot, despite the gunshot noise and Bates’ admission. They called paramedics and firefighters, and rendered aid when they realized, McKelvey said.

“He made an inadvertent mistake,” McKelvey said.

Sgt. Dave Walker told the Tulsa World that police “would not investigate the death unless the sheriff’s office asked them to, and they have not asked us to.”

RIP Eric Harris.

That picture i'm seeing on social media w/ the officer's knee to his head while he's on the ground dying...is ****** up. :smh:|I

Last edited:
That bolded/enlarged quote from OP's post. :smh:

**** is just tired at this point. Thankfully social media and cameras are exposing a couple instances but what about the majority of profiling/injustices that aren't shown. But most importantly what the hell is gonna be done about it? Would love to see another march on Washington

Funny how I'm listening to the Tupac interview on Mortal Man while reading this. Soon.

The volunteer cop in Tulsa, Okla., who killed an unarmed black man was forking over thousands in donations and equipment after becoming an unpaid sheriff’s deputy.

Bates, who has been a reserve deputy since 2008, is among a cadre of wealthy donors to the Tulsa sheriff’s department. He has donated thousands in vehicles and equipment to the office, and also chaired Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz’s reelection campaign in 2012.

View media item 1489541

View media item 1489542

cops aren't black, white, hispanic or whatever. They're blue. **** them ****** b :smh:

It was a mistake.

That’s the blasé explanation Oklahoma officials gave after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white deputy who accidentally pulled his gun when he meant to use his Taser.

The botched encounter was captured on a disturbing video released by police on Friday — nine days after the fatal Tulsa shooting.

“He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” Eric Harris says as he struggles on the ground following the April 2 shooting, which flew under the radar until video emerged a week later.

Because that's how all my accidents end.

This is the 2nd time a cop has used the "I meant to grab my taser" excuse, first Oscar Grant now this. Yet we see a video of a white family fighting like it's the royal rumble and the cops clearly know the difference between a damn gun and a taser. And if this wasn't caught on video it woulda swept under the rug.

Then these quotes

:smh:

*Plays Alright*

^^ heard he paid 
mean.gif

CCeY7rdWMAAECoV.png

Don't taser and a real fun weigh totally diff?

Pigs man. Have no chill. Rip to the victim

Inb4 he shouldn't have ran
Inb4 he was selling a gun. He's a criminal

That video was :x :x

The calmness in his voice of "I shot him, I'm sorry" :x

Then the total disregard for the fact that he just got shot.

:x :x

Home of the Black Wall Street burnjng...

I've been through Tulsa (pops lives in OK)

You can tell that black people are very very scared of their white counterpart.... Its different there.

And white dudes can immediately tell you're not from there because you're not in a submissive state.

Its crazy famb... Seriously like going in a time machine

That video was :x :x

The calmness in his voice of "I shot him, I'm sorry" :x

Then the total disregard for the fact that he just got shot.

:x :x

Home of the Black Wall Street burnjng...

I've been through Tulsa (pops lives in OK)

You can tell that black people are very very scared of their white counterpart.... Its different there.

And white dudes can immediately tell you're not from there because you're not in a submissive state.

Its crazy famb... Seriously like going in a time machine

in Tulsa? What part specifically?

in Tulsa? What part specifically?
just hitting up their different spots around town.

We went a lot awhile back (I was a preteen) and my dad pointed it out to me and I was like :wow:

Then that's when I got put on game about black wall street...

The hood is HOODY though... I wouldn't cross those cats if I had the right of way at a 4 way stop.

Last edited:
I know its all about this black vs white with cops but **** is just tiring man. Same **** diff day :smh:

But forget race right now ... why the F is dude 73 and even acting as a deputy, have a gun, or getting involved in chases.

This has been happening since Africans landed here. I'm not sure why people are surprised. It started a long time ago, it's happening now and it will continue to happen.

Back
Top Bottom