Anquan Boldin: Prima-donna?

Son is on the verge of the pinnacle of all pro sports, and he's only worried about himself...

laugh.gif

tired.gif

[h2]Cardinals' Boldin bolts out back door[/h2]
Comment Email Print
ESPN.com news services

[h5]Trouble In Arizona[/h5]
J.J. Arrington talks about Anquan Boldin's feud with Todd Haley

Tags:
NFL, Arizona Cardinals, J.J. Arrington, Anquan Boldin
Trouble In Arizona

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals used only one receiver on nine of their final 14 plays in the NFC Championship Game.
Anquan Boldin was not that receiver.
Initial evidence suggests Boldin wasn't too happy with the situation.

As teammates streamed into the Cardinals' locker room after the 32-25 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Boldin was seen leaving out the back door.

The two-time Pro Bowler was asked if an NFC championship helped alleviate any ill feelings he had toward the team.

"That's not an issue," Boldin said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Like I told you guys at the beginning of the season, my main goal was to do this. I've come through with all of my promises. I fought. I gave my heart to this organization. It's paying off."

NFL.com Video

The Arizona Cardinals defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC Championship Game.
Late in the game, cameras showed Boldin arguing with offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline. Once the game ended, Boldin left the field quickly without celebrating.

In the locker room, Haley dismissed the sideline interaction as part of the game. He described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," Haley said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

As for the specific incident, Haley told the Arizona Republic: "We changed personnel groups out there and I put Steve Breaston in for [Boldin]," Haley said, "and he was upset about it."

Cameras also showed Haley and quarterback Kurt Warner in heated conversation, but Warner and Haley have a strong history.

Warner has even joked about spending so much time speaking with Haley that his wife has suspected the quarterback might be having an affair.

But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Boldin has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of
$4 million a year.

Information from ESPN.com's Mike Sando and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Unbelievable....

(waits for the apologists....)

Is there a clip of the altercation? I saw it, but one of my boys hasn't and would like to.

I understand they haven't really showed it much seeing as the Cards won the game, but still...

why shouldnt he be upset that he was replaced by Steve Breaston? The man feels like he should be on the field when the game is on the line, nothing wrong withthat in my eyes. Just shows how competitive he is & how much he wants to help his team

laugh.gif

FREEMAN CALLS BOLDIN A "%+!$#$@"
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

Our buddy Mike Freeman of CBS Sports had some choice words for Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, based on his behavior during Sunday's NFC title game.

Freeman points out that, as the FOX cameras demonstrated, Boldin engaged in a fourth-quarter argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

After the game, Boldin still had his panties in a bunch. Per Freeman, he abruptly left the field while his teammates were celebrating the victory, and then he abruptly left the locker room.

"I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl," Freeman writes. "What Boldin did almost never happens. Congratulations on making history, Anquan."

It'll be interesting to see what kind of legs this thing grows over the next two weeks.

And if it was part of Boldin's plan to get out of town, it just might have worked.

Apologists?

Son was out there with a broken face playin for that horse !%+# organization.

Q is a prima donna is asinine.

He's a competitor who got yanked and wanted to play.

Kurt warner's a prima dona too for goin at haley on the sideline dureing that game too .

smh.gif

**Puts on cape**

If Kurt Warner can argue w/ the OC why can't Quan? The dude is a huge competitor and he thought he could help the team however the Cards were running setsw/ only 1 WR in the formation. All that really matters is what the team thinks. I'm sure the Cards know Quan well enough and this will not be an issue.Fitz didn't call him the 'greatest teammate' he has for nothing.

**Takes off cape**

I got no problem with it, he wants to win and wants to make a difference. I'd be mad too if I were replaced with Steve Breaston.

Dude was just on NFL live, I think this tension is gonna escalate when the cards lose the superbowl. Just like the Eagles/TO tension did.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Apologists?

Kurt warner's a prima dona too for goin at haley on the sideline dureing that game too .

smh.gif
thank you Gunna, these dudes dont understand that the majority of these sideline arguments are because they want to play & help their teamwin. people only look at it from one persepctive.

Not to mention can you name one player who would be happy about being replaced in the crucial moments of a Conference Championship game? Please somebody nameone

so you have one meltdown and you are considered a primadonna? Dude has been a team player for his entire career, and it's a shame people look at this oneflareup and think this is what Q is all about.

If Kurt Warner can argue w/ the OC why can't Quan?

anyone want to address this?

i can understand wanting to play and be out there for a key drive...but throwing a hissy fit and skipping out on his team after the game is kind of weak. showswhere his head is at imo.

but i am interested to know why he wasn't out there.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Apologists?

smh.gif
thank you Gunna, these dudes dont understand that the majority of these sideline arguments are because they want to play & help their team win. people only look at it from one persepctive.

Not to mention can you name one player who would be happy about being replaced in the crucial moments of a Conference Championship game? Please somebody name one

So that's an excuse to show your A after the game?

YOU ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

eyes.gif

I aint got no problem with him spattin a bit on the sidelines, but at least respect the team and congratulate the fellas that helped YOU get there....

This N Quan think he bigger than the team.

roll.gif
roll.gif

If Boldin sat on his can just fine with not being out there, THAT I would have an issue with.

Dude wanted to be on the field to make it happen. They'll work it out and it'll be a nonissue.

Now when the offseason comes, then all bets are off. I could see Q asking to be moved at that point.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Apologists?

smh.gif
thank you Gunna, these dudes dont understand that the majority of these sideline arguments are because they want to play & help their team win. people only look at it from one persepctive.

Not to mention can you name one player who would be happy about being replaced in the crucial moments of a Conference Championship game? Please somebody name one

A tear in the hammy and a broke face. My dude gave a lot. And if he didnt want to celebrate an NFC title fine, and if he doesnt want to even celebrate aSuperbowl fine, because if they win he will have done his job. His job aint to celebrate .

Boldin was just on NFL Live and said he left early to avoid talking to the media about the altercation with Haley, and to keep the spotlight on theCardinals' NFC Championship.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i can understand wanting to play and be out there for a key drive...but throwing a hissy fit and skipping out on his team after the game is kind of weak

EXACTLY.

The spat with the OC is understandable. It happens ALL the time...

But this dude didnt even bother to acknowledge anyone or anything after the game

grin.gif

And who gives a +%%% about celebrating winning a conference title. Isn't winnig the super bowl the only celebration that's supposed to mean anything?

So that's an excuse to show your A after the game?

YOU ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

eyes.gif

I aint got no problem with him spattin a bit on the sidelines, but at least respect the team and congratulate the fellas that helped YOU get there....

This N Quan think he bigger than the team.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Why would he celebrate when he is obviously infuriated?

When you were the ONLY _ on the team when they were some %!@@, and now that their gold you werent getting any looks, you'd be mad too.

He didn't disrespect his teammates, nor did he put himself above the team. Had he went with the team and been sulking/screaming/mad on stage, and made thecelebration all about him, then you would have a point.

But he didn't.

Because he didn't want to put the focus on himself and his anger, he wanted the focus to be on the team.

Which it was.

ohwell.gif

Fact is, if Quan was a ##++$ or a primadonna, with as much as he yaps off at the mouth, that news woulda came out a long time ago.

Swear to God I didn't know Gunna bought a parrot...

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You and Truth throwing shots.

Originally Posted by Respect21

Boldin was just on NFL Live and said he left early to avoid talking to the media about the altercation with Haley, and to keep the spotlight on the Cardinals' NFC Championship.

Fair enough...IF it's true....

But there's a thing called "No Comment"

Or make a statement about how proud you are of the team and say "I'm not taking any questions..."

Keep it movin'

Swear to God I didn't know Gunna bought a parrot...
2lkqltu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom