Anthony Bourdain dead at 61. RIP

I wonder if they will try to replace him. Maybe Eddie Huang could do it.
One of the many things that made Bourdain unique was that he paid careful respect & humility to his subject matter be it a person or place. Eddie is a little too irreverent at times. Case in point when Eddie visited cape cod. I absolutely hate deplorables but he was mad disrespectful at the little league baseball game especially with the anthem singing. And this is coming from someone who loves Eddie.

david chang's show is pretty good

im not sure if they can replace him
Chang doesn’t have Bourdain’s gift of story telling. Bourdain also happens to provide unique perspectives about people & places that are incredibly insightful that other people just aren’t able to do.

I love Ugly Delicous doe...

Last edited:
B Side (Feat. Akaash Singh, Kazeem Famuyide and Leah McSweeney)
NBA free agency is on fire. Lebron goes to LA, Boogie goes to Golden State and who cares about the rest. Drake’s album a flop or a success? Will Beyoncé leave Jay Z? Leah McSweeney drops some untold details about Anthony Bourdain’s suicide and more!

Listening to B Side (Feat. Akaash Singh, Kazeem Famuyide and Leah McSweeney) from The Brilliant Idiots. http://podbay.fm/show/862717788/e/1530814910

Man listen to the end with the comment with Leah McSweeney

I was on a 4 hour flight yesterday, I watched the last season and man it hurts.

Those intros are everything. The way he used words to describe the feeling, the energy, the sense of being there.

He was a brilliant story teller. Very descriptive.

Argento is a man-eating soul snatcher.. that seemed to be Bourdain’s thing and I don’t fault him for that, good girls are boring.

What goes around comes around, tho.

Chang doesn’t have Bourdain’s gift of story telling. Bourdain also happens to provide unique perspectives about people & places that are incredibly insightful that other people just aren’t able to do.

I love Ugly Delicous doe...
True, but the episode where he goes home to cook for Thanksgiving was really good.

Had no idea he's from NoVA.

I remember the episode of parts unknown where bourdain first met this broad.
You could tell that they were gonna be a couple and that she was gonna have a heavy influence

Crazy broad
I think her parents directed horror movies or some ****

Here it is

Yea the energy that episode was wild. I was thinking he beat them walls in off the record and sure enough lol. But then again, he’s had mad energy with a lot of women on camera if you pay close enough attention.

I remember the episode of parts unknown where bourdain first met this broad.
You could tell that they were gonna be a couple and that she was gonna have a heavy influence

Crazy broad
I think her parents directed horror movies or some ****

Here it is

Why does she remind me of Orichimaru....I feel like she can pull a snake sword out her mouth at any moment.

True, but the episode where he goes home to cook for Thanksgiving was really good.

Had no idea he's from NoVA.
I love Chang's show. He also has a nice podcast called The Dave Chang Show...

On a related topic of food/travel shows... I've really grown to love Marcus Samuelsson No Passport Required show on PBS. Every ep this season has been not just good IMO but stellar. I highly recommend his show.

Eddie is a little too irreverent at times. Case in point when Eddie visited cape cod. I absolutely hate deplorables but he was mad disrespectful at the little league baseball game especially with the anthem singing.

Fast forward to the 23:05 mark.

It was God Bless America and not the anthem...

There was no disrespect here. Only fake outrage on the part of the descendants of people that came here on the Mayflower (immigrants).

This is the exact same crap Trump is trying to force on the NFL and if it bothers you or you view it as disrespect, you’re the problem.

Eddie doesn’t have to show reverence for a song and a culture that works to actively discredit and exclude him and people like him.

I love Chang's show. He also has a nice podcast called The Dave Chang Show...

On a related topic of food/travel shows... I've really grown to love Marcus Samuelsson No Passport Required show on PBS. Every ep this season has been not just good IMO but stellar. I highly recommend his show.
Had no idea he had a podcast. I need to check that out.

Damn, so this chick is saying Bourdain paid the 380k to the guy. :smh: :smh:

Her story isn’t adding up at all. TMZ claims to have seen the picture of her and the kid topless in bed, but they didn’t sleep together? Enh.....

Me thinks all of this played a part in AB’s suicide. This is pure conjecture, but it seems like he maybe started to see she wasn’t what she portrayed herself as. Combine this messy situation with the pictures of Asia and some other bloke all hugged up the weekend before he killed himself and it makes you wonder...

She comes from well off family, why the **** did Bourdain pay it? She really had him hypnotized and wrapped around her finger smh

Back
Top Bottom