Any Golfers on NT?

Another 38 feet of rain in Boston over the past few days, going to seriously hinder my dreams of golfing this weekend. Supposed to be like 80 outside too.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

You're over by American Canyon, Bas? My bestfriend's gf used to live out that way...On a golf course.

If any of you dudes ruin my chance at Martinez......
I'm in Vallejo, but AmCan Walmart is the closest.

I'm going to check Woodland on my way home from work, but I'm not feeling lucky.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Another 38 feet of rain in Boston over the past few days, going to seriously hinder my dreams of golfing this weekend. Supposed to be like 80 outside too.

Gonna be like 75-80 this weekend here in upstate NY... Hopefully all my clubs arrive by the weekend and I can go play on Sat after i get back from Montreal...

You should be in no shape to do anything after getting back from Montreal fraij. If you are, you arent living.

Im just goin to relax though
laugh.gif
Trip with my girl... is there something i dont know
laugh.gif

Just got back from Bandon Dunes Resort in Oregon. If you dont know what this is check it out. Its crazy. Best resort in America.  Scottish style links golf,  There are no carts, its walking only...."the way the game was meant to be played" is what they say. Most get caddies, they also have pull carts you can use.  Its really an experience...

Most golfing publications have Pacific as the #2 "course you can play" in America....Bandon is usually in the #4-10 Range and ive seen Bandon Trails anywhere from 14-28th ranked public course in America. 

This trip though was the hardest golf I have ever played in my life.   First day was 4 club winds...I could only hit my driver about 190 yards. Warming up on their driving range It took me a 5 Iron to get out to 150 yards.....it was crazy..   Had constant 30mph winds with gusts up to 45+...
Im about a 15 handicap...shot a 103 on Bandon and 105 on Pacific Dunes.

Bandon dunes:
bandon_dunes_bc3h.jpg

13th at Pacific (My favorite hole on the course)

PACIFIC-DUNES-BANDON-DUNES-.jpg

Second day we played Bandon Trails, great course...the greens are amazing. Hard as concrete.  Didnt even keep score...we almost didnt play...It was 20-30mph winds with pouring down rain....
bow_new_bndntrls.jpg

I would shoot a 300 at that place. I would also need every ball in the photo on the previous page to make it through the round.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Gonna be like 75-80 this weekend here in upstate NY... Hopefully all my clubs arrive by the weekend and I can go play on Sat after i get back from Montreal...

Can't f'n wait.  Playing tomorrow before my league meeting, and then Saturday and Sunday.

Golf season is here.... for now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I checked Fairfield, Vacaville, and Natomas Walmarts. No go, kids.

Vacaville is remodelling also.

It's that store only, apparently.

Which Walmart did you go to, Dinan?
I went to the one in Napa. I was going to go to the AmCan one last night, but ehhhhhh. I'll check the one in Pittsburg tomorrow, but damn it's starting to sound like I'm the only one who lucked out.

If anyone is looking for a new driver this season check out some Nike STR8-Fits on eBay. There are some pretty good deals out there and the club works wonders. My drives went from being fades to slight draws and gained probably 35 yards. Got mine at the end of last summer and I'm planning on putting a YS-6+ SX shaft in n extra sleeve.

Living in Oregon, I need to get down there to play Bandon and Pacific soon. Sucks with the weather, last couple weeks would have been super nice down there. Did you get a caddy? I'm hoping to make it down there sometime this summer and go up and play Chambers Bay outside of Seattle which is where they are going to hold the 2015 US Open. The course just opened not to long ago so it hasn't developed much but it is basically the same traditional links style as Bandon, but since it is on the Puget Sound instead of right on the ocean I doubt it will have as crazy weather.

DinanBMW- good purchase with those golf balls but im gonna have to 1 up you. lol. titleist pro v1's and got them for a grand total of $0.00... ima upload them in a sec

Damn man, that's a crap load of Pro Vs.

I thought I was doing it when a buddy gave me a box for free.

Holy crap that's a lot of ProV's
eek.gif
. I've only used them a few times but I suck too much to really mess with them too often. It sucks when you spend more money in lost balls than what the round actually costs...I did use some Taylormade Pentas last week, though. I actually only use good balls when I play a tournament or I play somewhere nice. If I'm just going out there for the hell of it I just use some cheap Callaways, Srixons, or some Top Flite Gamers.

These are the only ProV's I have left:

jqs3zb.jpg

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i have to many pro v's...cant keep them all...if u catch my drift.pm me

I'll let you sell in here if you send me some kickbacks.  And by "kickbacks" I mean "2 dozen".

I used to work at a very prestigious private club. Needless to say, all of the members used Pro-V1s so I have literally hundreds that I found...

Back
Top Bottom