Any Golfers on NT?

Speaking of Pro-V1s, what balls do you guys use? I need something with extremely low spin rates that does not feel like Top Rocks. I've been using the 2007 One Black and Burner TP lately, but I get no roll on my driver, hit moon balls, and cannot control the backspin on any full iron shots. Any suggestions?

FINALLY got all my stuff in the mail minus my 5 wood thats coming and my #3 Adams Hybrid...

PICS!

And no lie i just went and hit at the driving range and paid with $7 in QUARTERS because i didnt have any cash on me and no time to go to the bank
laugh.gif
... The dude at the window was like "uhhhhh well its money i guess...."

Off to Montreal now.

I am playing Bridgestone e6+. They just feel the best too me. I am not good enough to play Pro V's yet and notice a distance. I played good with the e6+ last year and felt it was a good ball for me. Plus, I got 2 dozen for free so I am good. We'll see how they feel tomorrow. Playing 9 before dinner for some beers. Should be fun. Feeling good about the game, which will end up in a disastrous score more than likely.

I play Titelist NXT's, they allow me to work the ball enough and get good spin and distance without paying out the $@* for Pro V1s. You guys should check out buying used balls online, just get the best grade possible and the balls are all pretty much brand new.

Dang, that's nuts. You guys can "feel" the ball? I'm not playing enough apparently. I can't feel ****.

Played my second 9 of the year today.  Didn't really achieve much.  I'm using a new SW, my girl got me a Nike VR 56 degree.  Needless to say, it feels ALOT different than my old Slingshot wedge.  Still don't have that confidence standing over the ball with it so I ended up chunking most of shots. 

As far as balls, I bought a couple dozen of ProVs last year for 30 bucks.  I definitely get more spin with them, and that's what I prefer. 

My league starts in 2 weeks, and I start the season with a 5 handicap for 9 holes.  That will be going up faaaaaaaaast. 
roll.gif

just started golfing about 6-8months ago, i love it, its very challenging. i'll post pics of my bag later

walked into golfsmith today with a bunch of clubs that were lying around in the garage collecting dust because they were doing the extra 30% bonus on trade ins...although they dont give much even with the trade in bonus...I didnt want to go through the hassle of selling them all seperately
surprisingly they gave me about $292 worth of credit for 4 wedges and a fwy wood...walked out with a set of vokey sm wedges and about 80 bucks in golfsmith credit...I am such a club ho

here is what my new setup is looking like
ping rapture v2 10.5
mizuno f60 3w 15
nike sumo 3h 21
ping g15 4-pw
titleist vokey sm 52/58
bettinardi c series #3

still one club short...

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Dang, that's nuts. You guys can "feel" the ball? I'm not playing enough apparently. I can't feel ****.

Quit using them Sponge Bob balls lol...

ProV's will feel softer than most balls without sacrificing distance. Usually with cheaper balls you'll get one or the other. Also, the cover is really soft so they're easier to spin, yet they're still pretty durable compared to cheaper ones.

The hole was #3 ... The yardage was 469 ... The par was 5 ... The 2nd shot was 178 out ... The club was a 4 iron ... It sounds good, It feels good, It looks good ... It's in the hole! Le Dooblay, EegLay ... And that's why i play golf ...

i know it was a rather short par 5 but it was uphill and windy as hell ... it was definitely the best shot ive ever hit ... i had my gps out, checked the yardage, slammed my 7 iron back in my bag and grabbed the 4 ... wanted to play a looping left to righter but decided to cut straight into the wind and let it carry ... the worst thing was i didnt see it go in cuz it was severely uphill ... a one in a million blind green shot ... i could only see the top of the flag when i lined up ...

i shot 104 in the morning and came back with 88 in the afternoon ... first round i was determined to use my driver and sprayed up and down the course ... my sasquatch is dead and i just cant hit it anymore ... kept it in my bag the second round and played much better ...

anyone have a suggestion for a new driver? im looking at the 09 burners but i need a draw and they are hard to find ...

Callaway Diablo makes some good Draw drivers ive heard...

I think ive begun to find the remedy for my slice though... today I hit a few and tried to keep my weight back in my stance and not to let the club head come over my back so much... quieted my swing down a lot and hit about 290 or so twice out of 3 shots.

Hit a drive on the par 3 course i played with the distance of 275 on their only par 4 hole and put it about 20 feet off the green to the left... was a nice drive about 270 yds.

Hitting my new clubs was great... Chipped in from off the green for what was im quite sure was the first time in my life
laugh.gif
I was $%$$$@$ astonished.

This came yesterday too
pimp.gif
Adams Idea A7os 3H

3509eoo.jpg

So, I had the round of my 7 month golf life yesterday at Mare Island Golf Course here in Vallejo.

Looking back at my card from December, I shot a 130, in what was one of my worst days. I came back yesterday and shot a 103, shaving 27 strokes off my score.

The crazy part is that I lost 7 balls, so 7 of those strokes were drops. I've never lost more than 3 on any given day up until this point. I picked up a used Nike SUMO2 driver a couple weeks ago and during my range time before the round figured out how to hit with it, and so I was really going for it.

I also made a change on how I approach shorter par 4's. Going driver to 8-PW is nice, but my driving is still erratic. Instead I was going off the tee with my 4 iron or 2 hybrid then going 4-6 iron with relative accuracy. I've I played more conservatively instead of pulling out the driver on a couple holes (and subsequently losing a ball), I could shave a few strokes.

This is the first time that breaking 100 seems within reach, and breaking 95 becomes a goal to shoot for by the end of the season.

I'm obviously super stoked about this, and I realized that I'm probably going to shoot more 116's before I break 100, but it's starting to come together, gentlemen.

Oh, and I also realized that I've played a round of 9 or 18 7 weekends in a row. This qualifies as "obsessed", no?

at what point do you guys start playing from the blue tee?

dating to fall last year ive been shooting low 80s and shot a 79 once, but its from the white
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

at what point do you guys start playing from the blue tee?

dating to fall last year ive been shooting low 80s and shot a 79 once, but its from the white
ohwell.gif
alot has to do with what tees the dudes in ur group are playing. id say if you can break 80 play the back tees. Playing the backs will also help your game out to even if u shoot 90. at my home course when i play the backs i have a 6 iron into par 4's...when i play the middles i got sand wedge. i can even drive some greens. itll help out all aspects of ur game. just switch it up

Why not start hitting from the blue's now? hitting 79 indicates that youre better than probably 90 something percent of the people that golf every day at this point. If I was hitting consistantly in the 80's id move myself back a tee.

ill give it a shot. id like to play from a different angle from my home course anyways. my short game is horrendous though
laugh.gif

I played Rancho Solano yesterday, and I had one of my worst days ever. I lost like 9 balls and the only thing that kept my round from going from bad to embarrassing was my chipping and putting. I'm going to try to go at least once per week from now on even if it's just a 9 hole at Buchanan.

I need to play at Rancho Solano some time this Summer.  It's a little more than I want to pay for 18, but I'll treat myself eventually.

It seems like we're pretty lucky in this area.   There's a diverse amount of courses to play, from Joe Mortara to Hiddenbrooke.

My Wanted List:
I'd give up any of my possessions for these... in this order

8vxnro.jpg

3/4 in longer, oversized grips
97v3te.jpg

2vv96hv.jpg

10.5 loft

pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

that victory red driver with the new true temper graphite shaft.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and id get an 11.5. it goes so low!!!and i usually have a real high ball flight

Back
Top Bottom