Any Golfers on NT?

Got to the range yesterday. Irons felt good. So did the 3 wood but for the life of me I still cannot hit the driver. My hands will not come thru on it and when I do I duck hook it. That and my weight getting too much on my back leg (straightening it) are the two fixes I need. The back leg getting too much weight on it is making my backswing way too long.

Any tips on trying to keep the weight more 30/70 instead of 5/95 like I am doing?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Any training aids y'all use and can recommend? See commercials for this and that all the time but never really seen unbiased feedback on what actually works.
The only one I ever got was the swingnature. The overload/underload training makes sense and you can always use the two sticks as alignment aids. I'd be interested to hear what other people have used. Of course I'd rather spend the money on a lesson, but considering how much some of us spend on clubs then why not a little toy that might actually help your swing?

I always have 2 alignment sticks with me at the range. For putting I use tees and some string for a few drills . The only other training aid I want to get it an impact bag.

just picked up my clubs... CLEAN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

headed to the range tomorrow

664265140a002f7ef5772db95cb2589c52a4c384_r.JPG

bc81674a08fbfb7cb639e04f6572352114002bcf_r.JPG

these pics are from last year...but theyre my same clubs...only thing different is lengthen 3/4" and grips

i havent gotten new clubs..........yet
laugh.gif
im thinking 910d3 for my next driver
pimp.gif

^

Agreed.

Think about this though; in 2010 he finished fourth at the Masters and the US Open.

This is without Sean Foley and any teachers. He just needs to play more. You can't play once a month and putt like he once did.

Sean foley isn't gonna do #@$% for tiger. I've actually shadowed him in one of his lessons and he was talking out his %*!.

This is squarely on tigers shoulders...let's see if he can bounce back at the masters.

Yea Tiger USED to be able to have a limited scheduled and still dominate, yet with his swing changes he needs to play alot. swallow his pride, play events he normally dont, put all other stuff on hold, or limited . Lets see how he plays today and tomorrow in the TC.

btw Yesterday got a new grip for my money club inside 115, my 52* if I like it, I am going to regrip all my other clubs with them.
I will post pics later. 4 days til my first tourny of the year. realisticly ill probable shoot low 80s but I would love to see mid-hi 70s having only played 2 times in 2011.

6cb36e154a06ff637fbd8ec022e562b31187a2a3_r.jpg

idk why its so small...i think cause i zoomed in but whatever.

not the best pic
roll.gif

jwill- is that custom paint in ur vokey? i tried to do that but failed miserably...what paint did you use?

Curious as to why you think Sean Foley won't help Tiger.

All the other guys he's working with seem to have good results.

I used model car paint it looks good in person . That's the candy green I was talking abt. I also did blue accents on my putter.. just got done with a mini shopping spree at gg

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Curious as to why you think Sean Foley won't help Tiger.

All the other guys he's working with seem to have good results.

I am not sold on Foley's swing / teaching techniques.  I think Tiger would be better off going on his own, and watching film of his earlier swing success.  Even though he is not as young as he used to be, he can still swing like he did during the 2000-2001 era.  That is when he dominated.  he OWNED that swing, and now he looks lost. I will say this though, he has looked much improved over the last 5 days.  Minus the 2 TERRIBLE drives that didnt even get 200 yards  last week.  But he has put some good shots together, plus that 66 was impressive yesterday.  

This is who Tiger should go back to..

So all the guys he's helped don't serve as evidence?

And i don't see how you think he's mechanical? Everything I've seen and read of him is more about grasping concepts like staying grounded and things like that.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

So all the guys he's helped don't serve as evidence?
sean ohair, justin rose, stephen ames

all mechanical players

hell heres even a quote from justin rose

Sean does not look at me as a golfer. He looks at me as anathlete and from a biomechanical point of view.  He wants what works for mefrom a scientific point of view. This is not necessarily the positionthat everyone strives for, but that is what I like about Sean.[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Foley_(golf_instructor)#cite_note-9[/sup]

dont get me wrong...ill take lessons from Foley all day

but IMO he is not right for tiger.

and like i said earlier ive shadowed one of Foleys lessons...dude was all about the computers...ball speed is this...club head speed is this...spin rate needs to get lower blah blah blah it was actually pretty comical
laugh.gif

lol..I bought a dozen of the mojos when they first came out, I wasnt any good, and my buddy and I was playing in a 2 man scramble, and I keep saying "ive lost my mojo" all dang day.. and it was true. i lost most of the balls in my bad that day. lol

Back
Top Bottom