Any Golfers on NT?

^^Very..

And Tiger just Birdied his 17th (#
glasses.gif
and going into 9 to finish his round. A birdie here and he's at -3 and in the hunt. let's see how his 2nd round is today.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

^^^ if you love the putter and it helps your confidence you did great. Btw great deal

Im going with the theory that it will make me practice putting a lot more therefore improving my game.

Hopefully that holds true.
laugh.gif
  Now I gotta sell my Odyssey 2-Ball... Bought it last year.  That thing makes me smash the ball, I think Ill like going back to a Blade.

^^ The reason I say that is because one of my favoriate clubs in my bag I bought used for $14 bucks. (an old cobra SZ 5 wood with a steel shaft, but I love it). Last year Jim Furyk won an pga tour event with a $50 putter because something happened to his. So it really comes down to if the club works well for you. confidence is a big key.. So standing over a Scotty Cameron putter may just help your confidence. Golf is a fickle game I tell ya.
smile.gif

putting is all confidence

i love when people try to give me a putting lesson. errr ohhhh errr your eyes arnt over the ball blah blah blah
roll.gif

my putting is sick nasty

youngmoney one putt cash money

True... My 2 favorite clubs in my bag currently are a old $#$ Big Bertha Steel Head 3 wood that at this point is pretty much stolen out of my girlfriends fathers bag. And my Adams Idea hybrid 3i that I got for like $35 last year.

Itll be nice to have a club that holds its value so well with the Scotty though... Ive bought mostly used clubs my whole golfing life... Got my X-18's new but that was after X-22's had already come out so they weren't exactly fresh on the market and I got em for cheap.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

putting is all confidence

i love when people try to give me a putting lesson. errr ohhhh errr your eyes arnt over the ball blah blah blah
roll.gif

my putting is sick nasty

youngmoney one putt cash money

roll.gif

that had me lol'ing..
Putting/chipping is where the men get seperated from the boys.

Got a tee time tomorrow at a pretty decent track. going to be my only chance to play/practice before the season begins. going with a friend who has not played that much, so will give me a good chance to play 2 or 3 balls per hole since this course never seems to be busy.

Tiger just sank a putt on 1 from 18 feet.. Birdie to get to -3.. This could be a good start for him. He now needs to pipe this new drive.

WTH... someone tell me the pga shot tracker is messing up. Tiger just hit his drive 122 yards.. eeek..

^^ The reason I say that is because one of my favoriate clubs in my bag I bought used for $14 bucks. (an old cobra SZ 5 wood with a steel shaft, but I love it). Last year Jim Furyk won an pga tour event with a $50 putter because something happened to his. So it really comes down to if the club works well for you. confidence is a big key.. So standing over a Scotty Cameron putter may just help your confidence. Golf is a fickle game I tell ya.
smile.gif
Agreed.  Right now I have a Never Comprimise putter in my bag that is almost 10 years old and I am pretty good with it, love the way it looks when standing over the ball.  Going to the store and hitting putters, Camerons normally feel great, but not enough better compared to my putter now to justify the purchase.  Going to get my putter shortened though since I think that would help to make me even better.

^^ lol... I did some candy green infills on my wedges (thus the reason I wanted the candy green grips)

btw, Tiger is HORRIBLE on par 5s. he used to eat them alive, not hes below average on them.. smh.

Yup. Tiger used to make his money on those par 5's against the field.

Really good read in Golf Digest this month where they talk to each of the teachers he has had in his life. Interesting stuff from his first coach in his childhood years and even Haney who opened up a bit.

Until he can step on the tee and not have to worry abt HOWto hit a certain shot, and get back to just hitting that certain shot he's not going to win.

Until he can step on the tee and not have to worry abt HOWto hit a certain shot, and get back to just hitting that certain shot go back to banging anything he wants and doing whatever the hell he wants to do, he's not going to win.

fixed. sorry, all the swing stuff is true, but i honestly think tiger won't really win anymore because he's too busy doing what people around him want him to do about his image. i never recall seeing mike caring about what he did on the playing field. if u told me that tiger wouldnt win anymore because he couldnt be sticking his wood into any cup he wanted, i would have said f-it. let him bang everything under the sun.

That's all petty much true. And its the same for on the course. Tiger does not own his swing. He is thinking way too much. Dude if doing stuff a 15 handicap would do. Hooding an iron off the tee. Poping up 3 woods. What ever happened to that stinger he could hit on command. I don't agree with his life style off the course but if he is as focused and wants to win like he says he does, he needs to either shut everything down and play every single day, or go back to his old life style.

That's all petty much true. And its the same for on the course. Tiger does not own his swing. He is thinking way too much. Dude if doing stuff a 15 handicap would do. Hooding an iron off the tee. Poping up 3 woods. What ever happened to that stinger he could hit on command. I don't agree with his life style off the course but if he is as focused and wants to win like he says he does, he needs to either shut everything down and play every single day, or go back to his old life style.
hes always been terrible off the tee.

Tiger had another day of crappy putting
30t6p3b.gif

went out to look for yeloow zstars for cheap and nada... i got TF gamers 20$ for 15 aint bad and its a cheap ball w/2 cores

clubs are currently getting lengthened 3/4" and getting some new grips on all my clubs
31Zzz6wHLIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and i tried these on today...i def recommend them...just dont know if i should cop or not since i just bought the ecco's
for some reason the past 2 years ive been more interested in "street" golf shoes than "real" golf shoes

pDSP1-8936649dt.jpg

First time out today . Only played 15. Ran out of time. But that new adams speed line is a bomber. Had an 8 iron into a 535 yard par 5 freakin 3 putted for par. Stuff a few irons on long par 3s. All in all not a bad day for my first time out.

Reading this thread the last few days has given me the itch to get out and get my game back. Spent 3 hours at the range today, wasn't planning on that long but I showed up and they were out of balls since they were getting plugged and said they wouldn't have any for an hour or so. Went and worked on my short game 100 yards and in and it was pretty on point
pimp.gif
Then spent about an hour on the putting green and decided it was time to shorten my putter so when they had balls I dropped it off and had 2 inches chopped off and got one of those Winn jumbo size grips, not sure how I will like it but we will see. Had a pretty mean hook on my irons until I slowed my swing down a bit and was hitting everything pretty flush. Need to work on straightening them out a bit thought, I had a nice draw going but my misses would put the shots about 10-15 yards to the left of target. Also was hitting my old school Callaway Steelhead driver out there as far as the 2 dudes next to me, one with a R11 and one with a Superfast 2.0. I am going to demo a few clubs next week and probably get a new driver, thinking about the VR Tour since I prefer a smaller head but will have to wait and see how it performs.

Any training aids y'all use and can recommend? See commercials for this and that all the time but never really seen unbiased feedback on what actually works.

Back
Top Bottom