Any Golfers on NT?

Lol the only time I've ever played with a Mojo my friend picked it up after my drive. I told him that I was looking for a Nike Mojo ball, and he said "nah I just found a weird opow ball" smh...

^^ lol.. I was playing sat with a friend who has only played 2 times, and I was playing a practice round, hitting a few balls on a few different holes, and I left a new bridgestone ball on the tee because I forgot to pick it up, we were on the green, and I was like oh wait I left a ball back there, my friend was like oh that was yours? I just hit it into the water.. mutha..... lol..

I should be good for a while thought
smile.gif

395717300.jpg

lol..I bought a dozen of the mojos when they first came out, I wasnt any good, and my buddy and I was playing in a 2 man scramble, and I keep saying "ive lost my mojo" all dang day.. and it was true. i lost most of the balls in my bad that day. lol

lol... no worries, just leave a few for me. I am actually able to put spin on my wedges and short irons, so the pro v1s will come handy.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

So all the guys he's helped don't serve as evidence?
sean ohair, justin rose, stephen ames

all mechanical players

hell heres even a quote from justin rose

Sean does not look at me as a golfer. He looks at me as anathlete and from a biomechanical point of view.  He wants what works for mefrom a scientific point of view. This is not necessarily the positionthat everyone strives for, but that is what I like about Sean.[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Foley_(golf_instructor)#cite_note-9[/sup]

dont get me wrong...ill take lessons from Foley all day

but IMO he is not right for tiger.

and like i said earlier ive shadowed one of Foleys lessons...dude was all about the computers...ball speed is this...club head speed is this...spin rate needs to get lower blah blah blah it was actually pretty comical
laugh.gif

Basically what you're saying is, that some of the best players in the world have chosen to use and analyze empirical data to become the best they can be, and that to help themselves do that they have hired a coach who is well versed on that topic.

You can call it mechanical, you can call it comical, you can call it whatever you want, but the results are definitely there.

@JWill

Let me know how those Black Widow grips work out. I'm too chicken to go away from my Golf Prides.

and I'm in total agreement with you on Foley. The issue with Tiger is how freaked out he is about saving his knee. I guess he has 20% of his ACL left supposedly. Plus we don't know how much it hurts him that his favorite doctor isn't around anymore.

@PMac

I think the argument is that both Haney and Harmon aren't the most technical coaches and he had a ton of success. Even Nicklaus said that Tigers best moments and swings come from pressure and having to put a ball in a place. Not trying to get his body parts in the right place.

If you guys read the new Golf Digest that goes back and talks to ever coach/instructor he ever had you'll see why it makes so much sense.

Prostaffer- will do. I like how they feel so far. The real test will be saturday. Just bid on a titleist hybrid . Need to replace a 3 iron.. Also stol looking for a bushnell range finder at a decent price.

Just read that article this morning actually
laugh.gif

For someone like Tiger, in my opinion, he needs to continue to evolve. We all see that ability he has to create clutch shots and grind out holes/rounds and that hasn't gone away even though he's lost a lot in changing his swing. If a guy who clearly has that much command over what he wants, decides to go to a different approach, it's hard for me to fault it especially when other players on tour have success doing similar things.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

ive never actually seen someone use a range finder before.
laugh.gif

ive seen two people use one. the first was this guy several years ago at torrey pines north. it was the downhill short par 3. after he used his range finder, he proceeded to shank it into the trees about 15 yards at his 11 o clock. the second person i've seen one is use one on the range all last week getting flag yardages. she however was practicing for the kia classic next weekend.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

laugh.gif

ive seen two people use one. the first was this guy several years ago at torrey pines north. it was the downhill short par 3. after he used his range finder, he proceeded to shank it into the trees about 15 yards at his 11 o clock. the second person i've seen one is use one on the range all last week getting flag yardages. she however was practicing for the kia classic next weekend.

your second example makes sense. your first example is just how i imagine 95 percent of range-finder owners.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by k0betw0

laugh.gif

your second example makes sense. your first example is just how i imagine 95 percent of range-finder owners.
laugh.gif
seriously. when i saw the torrey pines, i freakin fell over on my side and just laughed at him (that tee box is always backed up and he had a gallery of 7 watching him). kinda hilarious.

I for one just love the golf logix app on my iPhone. It's quick and gives you an idea of your yardage.

The one friend I have that uses a range finger just passed his PAT, so I rarely have reason or a chance to rag on him.

Lol.. Well ive saw a few ppl carry range finders. Usually the ones who make a big deal abt them having one, you know the ones that talk to themselves as if they were discussing it with an imaginary caddie for all to hear. Then proceeds to top the ball. Yea I've saw that before. Lol. For me its two fold why I want one. First, to get accurate distances obviously, and also to gauge how far I hit each iron
With that said, it also speeds up pace of play.

And for the poster asking abt yardage for each club.
This is a rough figure from last year .
Driver-265
3 wood- 245
5 wood-230
4 iron- 215
5 iron-200
6 iron-190
7 iron- 175
8 iron- 165
9 iron- 145
Pw- 130
52*-120
56*-100
60*-85

Those are abt average as far as what club id use from those distances assuming no wind and its level with no slope.

Big reason I've decided to keep the Golf Logix for another year is the club measure feature. Good way to keep track of distances, especially when you got new irons in the bag.

BTW I hit it 300...With my putter

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Prostaffer- will do. I like how they feel so far. The real test will be saturday. Just bid on a titleist hybrid . Need to replace a 3 iron.. Also stol looking for a bushnell range finder at a decent price.

I got a Adams Idea A70S 3 last year and I LOVE it.  Hit it off the tee better than any club in my bag.  Sometimes if Im struggling with my driver I just use it on par 4's and 5's... I've hit it 260+ plenty of times and its been very consistent and straight for me.

^^^ I am looking for an adams hybrid as we speak. I didnt get that Titleist, I hit a nickent last year at a demo day, and was blasting. but im an Adams fan, so I might to with an Adams.

My buddy has an old set of adams hybrids that he still swears by. Everything in his bag is nike but those hybrids. I was a fan of the nike hyrbids from last year (with the grey top). I put some steel shafts in them and they are money. Plus they can be had for very cheap in comparison to some Adams and Titleist. I tend to hook every Adams I hit.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

For me its two fold why I want one. First, to get accurate distances obviously, and also to gauge how far I hit each iron
With that said, it also speeds up pace of play.

Sorry, but I don't buy the pace of play argument. If you had a GPS then yes, I do buy it because it's simply looking down and looking up (and SkyCaddie has a 3 yard margin). But a range finder requires an action (finding the flag, hitting the button, waiting, and then reading the yardage). The LPGA player I saw using it took her sweet time finding the flag ON THE RANGE WHERE ITS FLAT, and I'm sure she's used her range finder PLENTY of times.

Back
Top Bottom