Any Golfers on NT?

Played my first 18 since partially tearing my achilles last year. Rough, rough time. Shouldn't have played 18 as I was pretty tired by the 12th.

Had 3 total holes of combined good shots, but nothing really consistent. Had no touch or real feel for a swing out there. Shot a 139 at Franklin Canyon. Sad. Have a lot of work to do.

another under par round today with no practice or anything (-_______-)
roll.gif
golf is comical to me

la quinta / palm springs / pga west weekend trip!!!!!!!!! my major for the year is coming up hahahahaha

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

I'm gonna step onto an actual course for the first time tomorrow. It's an 18 hole par 3 course. I can't wait!
I like those all par 3 courses, a great way to work through your iron set. Have fun!

I just got a VR Pro driver the other day, haven't got to take it out on the range or course yet. Are any of you guys on a golf forum? ie GolfWRX or thehackersparadise?

Originally Posted by youngmoney

another under par round today with no practice or anything (-_______-)
roll.gif
golf is comical to me
no expectations= better results
try hard in golf =/= great results
laugh.gif

Played for my first time ever this past monday. I havent had that much fun in a while, as frustrating as it was, I got a lot better as the day went on. Only played 9. The course wasnt that great, but for 12 bucks it might become my monday ritual

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

I'm gonna step onto an actual course for the first time tomorrow. It's an 18 hole par 3 course. I can't wait!
I like those all par 3 courses, a great way to work through your iron set. Have fun!

I just got a VR Pro driver the other day, haven't got to take it out on the range or course yet. Are any of you guys on a golf forum? ie GolfWRX or thehackersparadise?

Yessir Im on HackersParadise, great forum for reviews but great contests as well, WRX also has a lot of great info on club reviews and what the pros use, etc.

Played my first course last week after practicing for about 2 months. Played a 9-hole course and shot a 57. Terrible I know, but I was happy with it considering it was my first time playing and I'm a relative beginner, only having practiced a couple of months. I am really starting to get a feel for the game and cant wait to play more often.

Went out yesterday at 4 PM to get in a quick nine, and started out on a hot streak....

Par Par Par Bogey Par....was +1 through 5 holes, and hit the 6th green in regulation, but had a putt with fringe directly in my path to the hole, and instead of just playing it smart and accepting that I was going to 3 putt the hole and take bogey, I tried to putt OVER the fringe towards the hole. Ball stopped on the fringe. Next putt went way past the hole, and I was putting up hill again. I ended up taking a 7 instead of playing smart and taking a 5. I was frustrated at that point, and immediately put my tee shot OB on the next tee box. Crushed my next drive but it was done by that point. Doubled that, went OB again on the next hole after a monster drive, quad there, and then I doubled the last hole to card a 48 for 9 holes.

Par Par Par Bogey Par Triple Double Quad Double.

Do any of you routinely walk your courses, and if so - do you carry your bag or do you have a push/pull cart? I'm seriously interested in picking up a Clicgear cart, and was wondering if anyone has experience with them?

Who are your picks to win the US Open?

Course looks pretty tough today. I like NBC's coverage much better than ESPN's can't stand Boomer doing golf.

I think McIlroy makes up for his struggles at the Masters and wins.

The course also suits Bubba's game as well.

^^ Really looking for Bubba to make some moves, he had a great round going until the last 2 holes.  My favorites going in were Stricker and Donald.  Would be nice to see a younger player though break through, McElroy, Manassero, or Fowler.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Do any of you routinely walk your courses, and if so - do you carry your bag or do you have a push/pull cart? I'm seriously interested in picking up a Clicgear cart, and was wondering if anyone has experience with them?
Haven't used a Clicgear but have thought about getting one.  When it comes down to it though I just think it takes up to much room in my trunk.  Am looking to get a new bag though.  The Adidas Strike AG is looking like the choice, though I loved my Ping Hoofer from when I was in HS.

I walk 9 holes typically....I have an old Datrek that can stand or lean. It's not too heavy and I carry 10 clubs. It's straps allow it to either be over the shoulder or like a backpack.

My bag has the straps like a backpack, and is pretty lightweight (Taylormade Stand Bag), but filled with clubs and balls and everything, after 18 holes on a hilly course, I am so beat. I'm not lightweight either, so my legs are worn out by the time I'm done. I'm usually good for nine holes, but I start to go downhill after that. I don't remember having such difficulties as a teen, but maybe it's because I'm getting older. On any kind of incline, my left knee clicks with every step. It's not such a terrible feeling, but it definitely bothers me.

Anyway my course is having it's "US Open" on Saturday, and I'm thinking about signing up tomorrow in the net division and see if I can actually play a decent round of golf. I just turned in rounds of 100, 93, and 94, so I figure my handicap might go up a little bit. I'm sitting at an 11 for my home course, and if I'm on a cart I probably won't be as tired throughout the day either.

The last tournament I played in was a couples wine and nine super ball event. I got paired with a really good old man and our wives, and we ended up shooting 5 under on 9 holes and having the low net score. Won $100.

I had a blast playing on a course for the first time. For the 18 hole par 3 course I shot an 89. Overall, I had 3 pars and on the last hole I hit the green and had an 8 ft. putt on a downward slope for birdie. I read a slight break to the left and the ball hit the very edge of the cup and lipped out. I was so pissed off.

Rors is killing these first two days. I expect a Rors-type collapse. Actually, he probably finishes with the win. His swing is so nice.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Rors is killing these first two days. I expect a Rors-type collapse. Actually, he probably finishes with the win. His swing is so nice.
He is killing it, though I think he was lucky that double today came on his last hole.  I am kind of hoping for a collapse though just to make Sunday more exciting.  Will be interesting to see the hole locations on the weekend though and if the course firms up, hopefully the rain holds off.

I can't fight the urge anymore - I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 2 + 1 free Penta deal. Best ball I have ever played - most amazing putter feel.

What a Dominant performance by Rory
pimp.gif

First time I've watched a golf tourney thru all 4 rounds
laugh.gif
Glad I did

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^ Wheres that deal going on?

And Rory beasting
sick.gif
Cant wait to see how fast he shoots up the world rankings.
My pro shop is still offering it I think - but you can check sites online...golfsmith, $%+%%, etc.  Should still be going on.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Great win by Rory
pimp.gif

Why is Shane McMahon always around him?
Shane-O-Mac is on the Board of Directions of International Sports Management, a company based out of England that represents a number of golf clients including Ernie Els, Lee Westwood, and Rory McIlory. The sports management company was founded in 1989 by former European Tour golfer Andrew “Chubby

Went to the US Open practice round tuesday, and today's round.

So how much do yall think this will be worth in the future??
pimp.gif

- horrible signature btw.
laugh.gif
I guess that is expected when you're signing multiple in under a minute between holes.

Some other pics.

- Kyle

Back
Top Bottom