Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

A sand wedge 120
eek.gif

What degree?

and how far were you hitting drives?

120 isnt hard to get out of a sand wedge. but it zips back like no other if ur not careful

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

i would invest in a good putter Bastitch... if you think about it you use it 1-4 times PER hole thats 18-72 times a round.
You can find a good solid putter for $75-150. Golf Digest has the equipment issue out, good stuff in there.

the golf digest annual equipment rating guide is the biggest crock in the world. its pretty much which company is willing to pay the most to the golf digest slush fund hahahaha

I put some thought into it.  I don't typically use all of my iron, but I do have some sort of benchmarks and either go up or down a club based on these distances. I swing either "hard" or "really hard", and I'm not really sure how far I'm hitting.  But this is how I see it when I'm measuring it up:

3i      195+
4i     180-195
5i     165-179
6i     150-164
7i     125-149
8i     110-124
9i     95-109
PW  80-94

I realize I hit shorter than some, and honestly I think it's because my swing mechanics are so poor, not that I'm just a feeble person. Maybe I am just weak.

Damn.

laugh.gif

Shut up.

I'm going to be awesome one day.

That day may be like 10 years from now, but it's going to happen, man.

I'm a +.1, I played for University of Wisconsin 5 years ago. I play Taylor Made Burner TP woods, Ping I3 irons, Cleavland wedges and a Scotty Cameron putter.

Anybody go out today in the Jersey/Philly area?

Victory Golf Pass Philly golf show in two weeks, had lot's of good deals last year.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I put some thought into it.  I don't typically use all of my iron, but I do have some sort of benchmarks and either go up or down a club based on these distances. I swing either "hard" or "really hard", and I'm not really sure how far I'm hitting.  But this is how I see it when I'm measuring it up:

3i      195+
4i     180-195
5i     165-179
6i     150-164
7i     125-149
8i     110-124
9i     95-109
PW  80-94

I realize I hit shorter than some, and honestly I think it's because my swing mechanics are so poor, not that I'm just a feeble person. Maybe I am just weak.

Damn.
bas, ur yardages are fine especially since you're just starting out. theres nothing wrong with hitting it your distances if ur accurate. but i'd probably recommend you to axe the 3i and the 4i and go with some hybrid replacements for them...

oh, and i just picked up the new nike method putter thats releasing on the 28th... its pretty nice so far but need to put it through all the motions

^ my method 001 is replacing my studio stainless newport 2 circa 2002... i'm kind of moving on because cameron is just ripping off too many designs from other companies and its starting to bother me. i mean when dude is ripping how he stamps / mills his name onto putters off ping AGAIN in 2010, its a bit disturbing. but the older models still hold near and dear to my heart

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

A sand wedge 120
eek.gif

What degree?

and how far were you hitting drives?
Actually i don't know what degree it has no label. my sand wedge looks like this

htz4me.jpg

cant take a picture of my sand wedge, sold them a year ago.

i just open or close my club whenever i need it. when i need a back spin i open it, maximum yards is 100. when i need a strong forward spin i only hit 3/4 of the ball with a closed club that's where i reach 120. i use to reach 250 average with my driver. back at 2005 i also competed at Optimist International Junior Golf Championship(Florida). I qualified for the longest drive contest, i ranked 1 at the qualifier. But when i reach the finals, this Thailander shoot a 300 yrd drive
mad.gif
. i came 30 yrds short. i ranked 2. won a gift check back at the pro shop.
smokin.gif

Just reshafted my driver (907d1, looks and sound goofy but it goes straight) and it should be good to go. WEnt with the UST Proforce v2 since that is what I have in my 3 wood. Been getting decent distnace in 30* weather at the ranges. The lessons have really helped my game. Still hit a draw with lower irons but I can stand that getting into the green. No clue what I am going to play to this year but I would imagine I will improve quite a bit.

Also, just re-gripped my irons (Ping i5's) with Lamkin Croosline Tours. They fit my hand perfectly and I love the feel of them. Alot more than the regular Crosslines I was hitting with. I wanted to try out the Lamkin PP 3GEN but didn't want to wait and went with grips that I knew I liked. Might throw it on my 56* Vokey.

For now it is just range time with my old man trying to repeat as league champs. Trying to get out alot more this summer but with a first baby on the way in July no clue about time or money.

Golf Season is a few weeks away, time to take this thread back to 1st page. Anyone had a change to hit the new Nike victory Red Drivers yet? to this day I have not liked any of Nike's Drivers they have produced.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

3i      195+
4i     180-195
5i     165-179
6i     150-164
7i     125-149
8i     110-124
9i     95-109
PW  80-94

Damn.

90% of the time, when I am either with friends or paired up with other ppl on the course, I am usually one of the longer hitters when it comes to my driver.  Besides my putter, my Driver is my 2nd best club.  I think because I can get away with a swing flaw or two. Plus I am pretty athletic and very flexible. I get a really good should turn, with good tempo.   However alot of the times, ppl that I outdrive by 20-30 yards, they would always seem to hit their Irons alot farther than me.  On  the par 3's if I had a 6 iron, they would have 7.. It would irritate me to no end.  Then after I started really getting into golf and tring to see how far I could go in golf, I realize alot of it was that I was not hitting the ball pure.  After a few lessons with my current coach, I was going out to the courses and flying the greens, then I realized it was because now that I am making better contact with the ball I can get more distance.  It takes time, right now play within your abilities. 

occasional golfer here...i want to buy some clubs so i can play more...i think golf is addicting

Just signed up for the hell of it. If nothing else, I will trade it in and get some Golf Galaxy credit.

I took a class in college and let's say I have a whole new respect for the game. Truth is, I actually even enjoy playing. Now watching is another story. *Yawn*

How did I not notice this thread until now? hah.

I've played for 10 years. I don't have an official handicap but play to about a 6. My average score from the tips is 74-77. I played for my high school but didn't pursue it in college even though I was asked to walk on.

I'm definitely a club ho, but I think I've got it set for this year. The only thing I have left ot get is a Sun Mountain Swift X bag. They are:

Driver: Geek Dot Com This (DCT) 7.5 Degree with Fujikura Rombax X Flex Shaft.
3 Hyrbid: Cobra Baffler Pro. 18 Degree. DGX100.
Irons: Cleveland CG Reds (4-PW) DGX100
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 54 Degree Tour Chrome
Putter: Wilson 8802

I've found over the last couple of seasons that I play better with fewer clubs. This is why I only have one fairway wood and one wedge.

Also, if anyone is interested in some new irons, my old set is for sale. Mizuno MP33's. 5-PW. Custom Black Chrome Finish. Brand New DGS300 shafts and Golf Pride grips. Played 45 holes with them (with headcovers on) so they're in excellent condition.

Went to hit some golf balls last weekend and noticed a few specks of rust on the shaft of one of my irons.  Best way to combat/treat this?

Bump for the upcoming Daylight Savings Time.

Got an email from TaylorMade, still have a shot at the free 6 iron.

Back
Top Bottom