Any Golfers on NT?

I'm terrible out of the sand but somehow get out in ugly fashion. Last tip I read was pretend to skim a dollar bill size of sand out under the ball. Makes sense, I'm so afraid of blading I always swing too deep into it
Thoughts are much more difficult than feel on the course. Practice good form and you will be set. Set up is most important. Wide open stance with the ball off your front foot and weight on the front foot. Normal grip, don't choke up on the club. Pick the club up more abruptly than usual and follow through completely. Master this on the practice green and next thing you know the bunker becomes one of the easiest spots on the course.

a couple summers ago I was money as hell from the sand... now I'm shaky as hell due to digging too deep or decelerating.

I found a torrent download for Phil's secrets to the short game with a simple Google search and really need to get back to that simple approach

[COLOR=#red]You guys are great!! Thanks again.

Phil's a lefty so it's good for me to look at his game mirror image. [/COLOR]

Thoughts are much more difficult than feel on the course. Practice good form and you will be set. Set up is most important. Wide open stance with the ball off your front foot and weight on the front foot. Normal grip, don't choke up on the club. Pick the club up more abruptly than usual and follow through completely. Master this on the practice green and next thing you know the bunker becomes one of the easiest spots on the course.

Yoda...is that you??

Nah seriously good stuff guys, need to get out this weekend

Impulse buy of the week:

$245 shipped overnight from amazon.

Sick of phone GPS apps... They murk my battery before I'm even at the turn and I play some courses that they don't even have mapped.

Man Amazon always gets my biz... Amazon prime is the worst thing that ever happened to my savings account.
laugh.gif

Impulse buy of the week:

$245 shipped overnight from amazon.

Sick of phone GPS apps... They murk my battery before I'm even at the turn and I play some courses that they don't even have mapped.

make sure you buy an extra battery and keep it in your bag at all times. i can't tell you how frustrating it is for you to shoot one hole and get a yardage and then 1 hole later it doesnt work because of the battery....

EDIT - Looks like the batteries are like $4 a pop... Not bad.

Ktw0 - How long do they last?

Last edited:
EDIT - Looks like the batteries are like $4 a pop... Not bad.

Ktw0 - How long do they last?

oh it lasts several rounds. id say mine lasts at least 10 rounds. BUT trust me, throw an extra battery in the bag... because here's what's going to happen. you're going to play and then all of a sudden its going to completely not work. you would think you get a warning but mine straight dies and shuts down.... its a pretty bad feeling when it dies in the middle and you dont know if it died or it broke....

btw. here's an EASY way to get out of the bunker and onto the green... it's not going to give you an amazing result, but it gets you in the middle of the green almost all the damn time....

assuming you're right handed...
1. place the ball on the back foot
2. take a very narrow stance. and by narrow i mean put both feet together....
3. keep a very upright stance with a slight knee bend
4. put your body weight towards your target spot
5. do not use your body for the swing. make it an arm swing only.
6. hit 1 inch behind the ball and take a very shallow swing. think skipping a stone across a lake shallow

this type of shot also works on green side chipping...

truth be told. of all the 6 steps. step 4 is the key to any chipping / sand shot

I'm terrible out of the sand but somehow get out in ugly fashion.

I'm probably in the minority, but I secretly LOVE hitting out of a sandtrap (and love the challenge) . . . because it forces you to swing correctly to get out . . .

I'm terrible out of the sand but somehow get out in ugly fashion.

I'm probably in the minority, but I secretly LOVE hitting out of a sandtrap (and love the challenge) . . . because it forces you to swing correctly to get out . . .

not really. i can blade a wedge and still get it out of a trap. or i can take my putter and just putt it out too.... but i'm glad you love hitting out of a sand trap. i personally hate it. i can do it pretty damn well but i prefer hitting on the green stuff

greens at quail hollow look like utter shiet. some of the public courses in charlotte have better greens than that. #firstworldproblems

Putting out of the trap :lol:

No sexy golf :lol:

i agree. i've done it like once in my life. my point was this dude made it sound like you need to hit it perfect to get out of the sand.... that's straight madness. there are a million ways to get out of a bunker. none of which require anymore precision than any other golf shot. trust me, when you start thinking a shot is just a shot and not putting so much emphasis on it. you'll free your game up.

Going alone was a good call, thanks guys.

I've really slowed down my backswing on my drive. It's reallllllyyy slow. But it's been working and when I hit it well, it's usually 260 to 280. Also starting to get a good feel with the wedge around the greens. Going to be a fun summer. Been home for a week and a half, been out 6 times already.

I'm with this guy. I love hitting out of the trap. Sure, any old hack can get it out of trap and onto the green, heck they might even put it close every now and then. But to be a consistently good bunker player requires much more skill and a precise swing. Every scramble tournament I play, if the situation ever arises to play a bunker shot, I'm the only guy who actually pushes to play it out of the bunker! It's not a scramble unless you play one shot out of the sand!

Glad to see this thread picking up some steam, looks like we're in for an active summer!

Back
Top Bottom