Any Golfers on NT?

I like playing solo especially walking a par 3 course.

If course isnt busy and im playing solo i will play 2 balls. Good way to hit a variety of shots and compete against yourself

I wish there was more than 1 par 3 course around here and it wasn't so far away. It's super cheap though and half price Mondays I could walk for $6 :wow:

It's fun from time to time to switch the pace. I do enjoy playing with friends though. Getting a foursome with some cash on the line is so perfect to me.

Man this thread been poppin lately lol...

Some of my clubs... Custom paint on the Irons:

7206973756_5db0d45da7_b.jpg

7206969418_3e234323db_b.jpg

7206972622_fdfcc23d73_b.jpg

Stripped the paint from the sole plate of the R11...

7206975234_7cdb7c1df7_b.jpg

7206976226_b6cfbf2fd9_b.jpg

7206983298_ecc7768056_b.jpg

[COLOR=#red]Yes I agree it's doing well after being dormant for a few. You guys have helped me to get motivated to pick up the sticks again. In a perfect world we'd all live in the same city and golf together like 3 times a week :lol:

Nice set you have there FD511, how long did it take for you to assemble that set?[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Yes I agree it's doing well after being dormant for a few. You guys have helped me to get motivated to pick up the sticks again. In a perfect world we'd all live in the same city and golf together like 3 times a week
laugh.gif

Nice set you have there FD511, how long did it take for you to assemble that set?
Umm most of those clubs were acquired last year... The R11 3 wood has been replaced by a 2012 Adam XTD Titanium  and one of the Hybrids is out for an XTD Titanium too...

Sold my '05 or '06 Callaway X Forged for like $220 or so and for these '09 X Forged that I paid like $260 for...

Got the RBZ off ebay on a questionable listing that turned out to be legit... Was like $250 shipped and I switched out the shaft on it.

Wedge set includes 52*, 56* CG14's and 60* CG10.  Had the 60* for like 5 years, and the 14's I got 2-3 years ago.

My bag changes a lot... Golfwrx.com marketplace is pretty good for finding deals and finding buyers for stuff you're looking to get rid of.  Their market watch section is good too... Always posting up great deals and steals from online retailers and even stuff they see at their local GG or GS.

Yea it's legit... I've gotten pretty much everything in my bag from there aside from my new Adams stuff and my RBZ.

Gotta list my R11 3-wood and 3-hybrid on there soon...

Cleveland Wedges :smokin i got a 52 and a 60

I just copped a Callaway Jaws 56 for 30 bucks, couldnt pass it up

The maximum club limit is 14. I don't think it is specific on what to carry and what not to carry

Well yeah that's what I mean, who ditches the 3/4 irons to add extra wedges. It's interesting to me to see how people use different clubs and can work different lofts

[COLOR=#red]Excuse my noobitity but what are wedges primarily used for?Do I need them right away?

Sure I could google this info but I'd rather hear it from this thread.[/COLOR]

I go with the philosophy of where if you have less wedges in the bag (I only game two wedges 52/58...3 if you count the PW) the better you shoot because you question what you have to pull out less...makes the game a little more simple
because when things get complicated with the short game...the game tends to get REALLY frustrating

oh and I figure I'll throw this in here
but to my south paw brothers...I have a taylormade RBZ 5 iron that I got from them to demo
first person to PM me, I will ship it out to you for free
us lefties gotta look out for each other

Last edited:
I carry 4 wedges pw is 45. 50 gap 55 sand and 60.

Rarely take a full swing with 55 and 60.

Usually chip with 60 or an 8 iron if on the fringe of green

What do you guys know about wedges as far as the bounce/sole of the club will do in situations where you're in thinner vs thicker grass etc? I wanna get a 60 where I can use it in thinner grass around the greens and edge of fairway going to the green.

I SHOULD just bump and run in most situations but I like to get cute. :smh:

Excuse my noobitity but what are wedges primarily used for?Do I need them right away?

Sure I could google this info but I'd rather hear it from this thread.
If you wind up on the beach you'll need a wedge...

3 things to help u in the sand:

1 - Open the club face and your stance

2 - Get good footing by digging in a bit

3 - Make a good swing and hit sand BEFORE the ball and follow through.

Nothing worse than blading a sand shot 500 miles past the green or swinging like a ***** and having the ball go 3 feet in front of you.

I'm terrible out of the sand but somehow get out in ugly fashion. Last tip I read was pretend to skim a dollar bill size of sand out under the ball. Makes sense, I'm so afraid of blading I always swing too deep into it

For some reason my game out of the sand is really good (relatively speaking...)

I rarely blade sand shots anymore or leave it in the bunker... I get out successfully most of the time.

Not saying it ends up anywhere near the pin though.

Back
Top Bottom