Any Golfers on NT?

Yeah he should have definitely looked at how your natural address is at putting at least to figure out what length putter would best suit you...

I use a Nike Method 003... Pretty much identical to that cleveland you have there.

Yeah he should have definitely looked at how your natural address is at putting at least to figure out what length putter would best suit you...

I use a Nike Method 003... Pretty much identical to that cleveland you have there.

Now that is pretty.

I will post up my bag pretty soon.

I want a method putter so badly. My buddy got one this week and I'm jelly.

I'm the type to get a Scotty Cameron or something just because tho :stoneface:

No love for odyssey putters out here?
nerd.gif
I used to play a 2-ball SRT but ditched it for the Method before last year.

I thought I had copped a Scotty a couple years ago but it ended up being fake.
mean.gif

Tiger used to use an 003 tho.
nthat.gif

[COLOR=#red]I looked up your driver...nothing but great reviews. I've only known Cobras from the ones Rickie Fowler uses. [/COLOR]

Those Cobra's are beasts... I used to play a Cobra 400cc similar to EBW's 454... Almost same design.

Had a Cobra s9-1 Pro D after that. Sold it to my boy when I picked up my RBZ at a stupid price.

Yeah my driver was given to me as a hand me down from my pops and I gladly accepted it when I first started playing. I've finally really figured it out and can hit consistent fairways and its probably my best club in bag at this point along with my fairway woods.

If I can just get my damn swing right with my irons I will be shooting sub 95 on a consistent basis which is good enough to really have fun playing. Shooting 102 and 108s just suck man. :smh:

My biggest problem with irons seem to be contact with my 5:6:7 and distance with most of them. My swing speed is so slow because I'm trying to keep my form correct I give up mad distance. I swear though, Golf is so fun because it IS so challenging to me.

I love this thread. :pimp:

newb golfer checkin in. I started playing golf maybe 5 or 6 years ago. averaged maybe 10 rounds a year if you count all the par 3's I played. this past year I was unemployed from april til jan and played atleast 40 rounds of golf in a 7 month span (didn't play in the winter). I finally broke a 100 after I read this article :
http://www.oobgolf.com/content/the+...Versus_Cavity_Backs_A_Golf_Club_Epiphany.html

I played with my brother's blades for a good 2 months and when I switched back to cavity backs I shot a 97. the blades taught me how to swing down instead of trying to scoop up. golf is really a game of opposites. for those of yall having trouble with irons, I recommend buying a used 5 iron and pw blade off ebay and going to the range, especially if you dont wanna get lessons. and hit off the turf and not the mats.
also, I highly recommend oobgolf app for iphone and android to keep track of your game. you can keep track of fairways hit, gir's, penalties, putts, sand shots etc. and it'll help you find out areas you really need to work on.

I'm kind of thinking about getting that amp cell 3 wood. I wanna hit a few different ones for sure.

I'm kind of thinking about getting that amp cell 3 wood. I wanna hit a few different ones for sure.

Learn the right swing before you get a bunch of different clubs :lol:

Though you may feel embarrassed getting lessons p, you have to learn somewhere. Everyone else around you is learning. And the guy teaching you had to learn somehow too. It isn't something that comes naturally.

My grandfather is a golf pro, so he taught me for free. It was frustrating because I had my own comfortable grip, but he straight changed it. And my stance, and how I swing. Though I was mad, I hit the ball sufficiently farther and straighter.

While we are sharing clubs, I'll share mine :lol:

WOODS

- Callaway big Bertha warbird driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood
- callaway big Bertha (recent) 7 wood
- Wilson ULTRA oversized driver and hybrid
- Penn 3 wood
- PGA 5 wood
- Ping zing driver

PUTTERS

- Wilson ULTRA 3d putter
- Callaway 3d putter (I don't know the name of the series, I'll look later. It's my preferred putter)
- callaway blade putter

IRONS

Wilson ULTRA oversized iron set. P, s, 9-5
Taylormade oversized burner iron set - p,w, 9-3
Callaway lob wedge
Cleveland sand wedge

Vintage

Wilson autograph set similar to these which were owned by my great grandfather. I was able to inherit them, and I will never give them up. :pimp:

My dad is a scratch golfer I just gotta find time to get him to help me :smh:

You got a lotta damn clubs bro :wow:

My dad is a scratch golfer I just gotta find time to get him to help me
mean.gif

You got a lotta damn clubs bro
eek.gif
Yeah, it is a perk of being related to a golf pro. You wouldn't believe the benefits. Free unlimited 18 hole games at any course of my choice. I mostly go to his course, because I need him with me to get in. (All golf pros get some kind of card)

Discount clubs, since they are all in the clubhouse. I just buy them half off. Or for less.

Free lessons. Free ranging. 

Basically the golfers dream.

I have a lot of clubs because I play so often that I like to be variable. The same thing over and over gets boring. I've never been good at basketball, or soccer, or football. I excel only at golf. So all my energy goes into that.

Its not about what you know, its about who you know :wink:

I think that's why I have such a fascination with putters and wanting to have different ones available. :lol:

Some of the new grips can be applied with an air compressor not using grip tape and mineral spirits.

Check youtube or search golfwrx seems pretty easy.

My Set
Driver - orange cobra amp cell stock fuel shaft stiff
3 wood adams speedline f11 TI prolaunch blue reg
19 degree adams super black hybrid, stock aldila vodoo shaft stiff
Irons - titleist 712 AP1s 4-PW regular flex 2degrees upright numbers paintfilled orange
Wedges Vokey 50, 56, 60 numbers and badges paintfilled orange
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2 paintfilled orange and blue

Recently got the golf pride nions on my wedges, theyre awesome.
Mixing to get married so my golf equipment purchases will slow down.
Want a new hybrid thinking cobra baffler t rail
Thinking about an amp cell 3 wood and eventually will get a Matrix White Tie shaft for the Amp Cell driver.

[COLOR=#red]I don't have a golf pro dad, but I do go to a super rich school and our 7 million dollar on campus golf course will be ready in September. I live a mile away from it and trust I'll be there very often. One thing I like about golf is the social/networking aspect of it which will be important for me later.[/COLOR]

No doubt, definitely have to be in the golf league at my company to have some great face time with important people. I'm going to get my Sling shots regripped, been waaaaaaay to long and I don't want new irons.

Last edited:
my current set up

driver ----- taylormade supertri 9.5 stiff shaft

3 wood ----- taylormade superfast 2.0 regualr shaft **switching to stiff pro blue soon

5 wood ---taylormade superfast - stiff shaft

rescue/7wood ---taylormade --reg shaft

irons ---callaway forged --(project x shaft ...flighted) ... 4--pw

nike nds sandwedge. ...cleveland 60 degree and a cleveland 64 degree

generic two ball putter (looks like a generic odyssey)

ball --taylormade tp5

***if any south bay area golfers want to get a round going PM me. cheers niketalk golfers!

How's golfing by yourself?

Nobody I know is home from school yet, and I can only play with my pops a few times a week. Thinking about going tmrw, figure it can't be too bad when you're first starting off. I'll hit a few balls.

How's golfing by yourself?

Nobody I know is home from school yet, and I can only play with my pops a few times a week. Thinking about going tmrw, figure it can't be too bad when you're first starting off. I'll hit a few balls.
It's actually pretty great. It's peaceful. When I get fed up of my grandfather and pops trying to out do me, I start back from hole 1 and just play solo. 

I like it.

I love it, very refreshing, get some great practice, and just all in all some great alone time with your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom