Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

eBay... patience on eBay for some golf shoes can get you some steals. I whiffed on a pair of adidas that went for like 13 bucks lol

Haha, that sucks but you still got a pretty good deal. How do those footjoys fit compared to nike shoes?

I hated my nikes. They've been dropped off the Goodwill.

I have footjoy's which, luckily for me were free, but I'd even pay for them.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...Are shoes REALLY necessary?

Some snarky/uppity courses require them. I play in my shox a lot because I forget my golf shoes. I don't notice a whole lot of difference.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I hated my nikes. They've been dropped off the Goodwill.

I have footjoy's which, luckily for me were free, but I'd even pay for them.
What Nikes did you get? I'll make sure to avoid them.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Some snarky/uppity courses require them. I play in my shox a lot because I forget my golf shoes. I don't notice a whole lot of difference.

laugh.gif
Luckily I don't play at those kind of courses. I wore my shox last year when I golfed, but I want to get golf shoes just so I don't have to worry about dirtying any of my other shoes.

They were from a few years ago (probably, more so, circa 2001?) and they had detachable spikes. Fit well in the store, but walking 9/18 KILLED my feet. Blisters and the like. Even double-up on socks yielded no help.

Footjoys are the truth, they fit me well (narrow foot).

They were from a few years ago (probably, more so, circa 2001?) and they had detachable spikes. Fit well in the store, but walking 9/18 KILLED my feet. Blisters and the like. Even double-up on socks yielded no help.

Footjoys are the truth, they fit me well (narrow foot).

I should probably go with the footjoys then because I have narrow feet as well. Thanks

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyone ever hit Offset clubs? Im looking at this Cobra S9-1 OS driver at a good price... but i dont know if ill be able to hit it.

Offset drivers are made to help curb a slice. Offset irons are pretty much the same. Along with deep cavities, offsets are normally an aspect of game improvement irons. 

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Dirty - To be honest, they are necesary......I wear flip-flops or sometime my running sneakers to casual inexpensive courses around my way and believe me that i'm catching myself slipping so many times. Especially if you live anywhere near wetlands its definitely a must to have spikes on.

Plus I have 3-5 pairs of golf sneakers in my garage that I keep in rotation. Its not that big of deal to put them on for me. I would say that out of all 5 pairs I purchased them at outlets for under $50. My last purchase was for some 08' Nike TW that retail for over $200 I paid $49 at the Nike Outlet. 

Edit:
Let me add that golf shoes also add control to your game. It stabilizes your stance especially if your ball is sitting on a slope.

who lives in the north oc (cali) area and wants to play some super twillight golf @ 10 bucks to walk starting at 4? holla at me.... [email protected] ANDROID hates yuku's pm system

who lives in the north oc (cali) area and wants to play some super twillight golf @ 10 bucks to walk starting at 4? holla at me.... [email protected] ANDROID hates yuku's pm system

I wore a pair of nike frees golfing this past Sunday and caught myself slipping a couple of times. The course was a little wet so I am sure that didnt help but 99% of the time I wear golf "shoes" to avoid any slippage.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Finally going to Buchanan on Friday. Screw it, if my friends flake out again I'm going alone. I wish I didn't have to pay an absurd amount of taxes, or I'd have a pair of these already
You're doing something wrong if you ow that much.

You wouldn't want to ruin those at Buchanan anyway
laugh.gif
Yeah I owe a lot because I'm self employed and I didn't pay estimated taxes
embarassed.gif
. I have a wide %@! foot, so it's kinda hard to find shoes that don't kill my feet when I walk 18. I walked 27 last week in Vacaville, and my feet were shot.

I have like 3 pairs of golf shoes
laugh.gif
. The first pair I bought were some Adidas tour 2.0's ($180) I wouldn't have spent that much on shoes, but they were literally the only ones in the crappy store that somewhat fit, and I was on my way to a course that required spikes. The 2nd pair I got free with my driver, and the 3rd pair were some Ecco's I got for $190 that are comfortable as hell, but not for more than 9 holes. I have a wide %@! foot, and apparently Adidas run really narrow...so if anybody is looking for some sz12 or 13 Adidas that were worn like twice, I'll hook you up.

Dirty-Yes they're necessary. If you ever play in the morning when it's still a little wet you'll know. I seriously almost fell on my face trying to drive with my street shoes
laugh.gif

adidas spikes tend to run a little narrow but the 2010 lineup is built on a different last so their widths are the equivalent of previous years' WIDE version. the new wide will be considerably different....

if you absolutely insist on going with the adidas brand and 360 4.0 wide or adipure wide aren't wide enough, go to the powerband 3.0. the powerband last is wider so the widest adidas shoe in the lineup of premium lineup is the powerband 3.0 WIDE....

if you go with nikes... DO NOT BUY nike spikes that are just air. GET ZOOM AIR. the nike zoom vapor 2 have a narrow last thats similar to the adidas last but the zoom elite 2 has a decent last as well as the tw zoom 09 and tw zoom 10 shoe. i wear tested the zoom elite 2 a couple years ago and they were one of the best and most comfortable shoes out but the zoom vapor 2 is the PERFECT WALKING SHOE.... theyre not made of leather but they have the same synthetic as the soccer vapor cleats so no stretch and easy to clean.

i'm currently wear testing some summer nike shoes that are probably gonna be released next year and ive already informed nike that theyre trash because they put standard encapsulated air.... great for the range because i wanna practice with a spiked shoe (not for traction, but for the height difference due to spikes) but walking in them is absolutely terrible.....

cliff notes:
1. adidas have narrow shoes
2. 2010 adidas are wider then previous years
3. adidas powerbands are the widest in the adidas brand, powerband wide is the widest
4. if you buy nike, DO NOT BUY NIKE AIR
5. if you buy nike, BUY ZOOM AIR

i wore a pair of flip flops golfing once

never again. feet hurt like a son of a %@*#$ after. they were dirty as hell too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Oh, and I actually got 9 holes in with LazyJ on Saturday.

He has the best driver on NikeTalk, bar none.
indifferent.gif

We need a thread just for WITB.

LazyJ's bag > Your bag.

Anyone in Bay Area trying to play??

WITB:

09 Taylormade Tour Burner w/Mitsubishi whiteboard
Titleist 909F2 3w w/stock shaft
Titleist 909H 3h w/stock shaft
Mizuno MP-32 4-PW w/Project-X 5.5
Titleist Vokey Black Nickel 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 w/ping grip

if its raining golf shoes are necessary

to be honest i cant remember the last time i wore golf shoes...sad/weird or not, im known as the dude who wears jordans in tournaments...its kinda funny

Have that exact same CG10 60 degree, love that club, got it for 5 bucks a while back, what a steal!

I seriously have a problem with spending money... Yesterday I bought a Mizuno 56* wedge for $70 (brand new) at a store that just closed down. I already have a Cleveland and a Vokey 56*, but I'm the worst impulse buyer, and I can't pass up a good deal. We really need to set up a Bay Area golf mini summit... as long as I get 5 mulligans.

My lefty WITB,

Nike STR-Fit 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ SX
Nike SQ 2 15* & 21* Graphite Design Aura Red X
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* & 24* True Temper Black Gold X
Mizuno MP 57 5-9 True Temper Black Gold X
Mizuno MPT 53* and 60* True Temper Black Gold X
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

I carry the 21* fairway for long par 4s and par 5s when I need to get the ball up and the 21* hybrid when I need a low, penetrating shot on par 4s. The irons, wedges, and putter are on their way out. I'm looking to pick up Pro Combo Tours (4-P), a couple of the oil can spin milled wedges, and either an Odyssey Black 9 or a Scotty Cameron Del Mar.

Originally Posted by ****dog16

Have that exact same CG10 60 degree, love that club, got it for 5 bucks a while back, what a steal!

pimp.gif
such a good club... great feel and it looks great.  And I found mine in the woods a few years ago
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom