Any success stories on dating a chick w a child?

I'll elaborate more. She chose the wrong type of  man to have a child with.  She chose to have children before finishing school, finding out who she was, before being stable, and before being emotionally ready. My grandmother did the same before her and my great grandmother did it as well.  If I don't do anything else, I'll going to break a cycle and have already.

You're a man . It would be the same if you had an absent father, who had an absent father....but you had a kid and decided to be there.

Last edited:
I dated a girl with 2 kids and emotionally damaged is spot on.
Can't pin it on just being a single mother though.  Many women who have simply dated have some form of it. I'll be honest, I meet more and more men who are jaded and emotionally damaged than I do women.

Dude said laid some ground rules :rofl:. Just deal with her casually and don't have no expectations. She sound like she is just looking for momentary companionship.

Last edited:
6 months? The ***** ain't eem snapped back good yet.

That's just too young, the father is still in the picture, and once he says " I want my family back" or whatever op, you're getting kicked to the side.

C'mon. My mom was a single mom and time and time again she'd meet someone , only for them to finally tell her they didn't want anything serious because she had two children already.

It would have been nice to have someone help out from time to time with bills and for my brother to have had a good role model growing up. Men who will date a single mother are rare. If someone wants to take a chance, let him. He doesn't have to be a dad but be supportive at the very least . Saying the mother doesn't deserve it is like saying the kids don't either.
see this is the problem, youre looking at dude as a comeup rather than someone that loves your mom. OP im not saying single mothers are completely ruined but with a baby so young, youre really just a cash advance till the baby pops wants come around.

the real question you should be asking is if youre ready to be a dad

see this is the problem, youre looking at dude as a comeup rather than someone that loves your mom. OP im not saying single mothers are completely ruined but with a baby so young, youre really just a cash advance till the baby pops wants come around.

the real question you should be asking is if youre ready to be a dad

That was for long term. Of course,as it's  been said, if he's  in a serious relationship with her , he would help her  out as he would any girlfriend without kids.

I used an example and it suggested that he be supportive and that doesn't have to be financially but she's a new mother. What do you expect to happen as time progresses? If he falls in love, what then?

OP, go with your heart and head. Starting a thread on a relationship that has hardly begun could put you down the wrong path of thinking when it comes to yyourr relationship.

C'mon. My mom was a single mom and time and time again she'd meet someone , only for them to finally tell her they didn't want anything serious because she had two children already.

It would have been nice to have someone help out from time to time with bills and for my brother to have had a good role model growing up. Men who will date a single mother are rare. If someone wants to take a chance, let him. He doesn't have to be a dad but be supportive at the very least . Saying the mother doesn't deserve it is like saying the kids don't either.

How does any of of this help your case? Why wasn't your daddy there?

And lets get this right, mother and father not being together DOES NOT = single mom.

Single mom = NO HELP from father

You can NOT be together and still BOTH parent the child.

Last edited:
If a single mother keeps getting to a point where dudes are leaving her because of her kids...

When will it be time for someone to say "hey... Maybe you should go after a different guy"

If I'm a single mother with kids, I'm not going to attract unmarried late 20s early 30s dudes with no kids, reasonably good looking, educated, and decent income...

The fellas that fit into wgat I described tend to have options...

How does any of of this help your case? Why wasn't your daddy there?

At lets get this right, mother and father not being together DOES NOT = single mom.

Single mom = NO HELP from father

You can NOT be together and still BOTH parent the child.
fax

If you split custody of a child, you will never say a single father...

Buy I've seen almost everywhere... If there's joint custody... And in some cases, the father has the kids more...

The woman is still referred to as a single mother..

But that's just societal conditioning so I ain't mad

fax

If you split custody of a child, you will never say a single father...

Buy I've seen almost everywhere... If there's joint custody... And in some cases, the father has the kids more...

The woman is still referred to as a single mother..

But that's just societal conditioning so I ain't mad

Social CRUTCH

"I'm a single mother, woe is me" **has kid half the time/receives $700 check in the mail**

Last edited:
to OP personally I wouldn't do it.  Do you know her history with the baby father, as how long they been together,  any drama between the two or will be active in the child life. Those are some serious factors before jumping into a relationship with any women with children.  6 months and already trying to get into another relationship, that seems sketchy and you should proceed with caution.

i have a kid and i can tell you that dating a girl with a 6 month old is something i wouldnt do as a dude. first off the kid is way tooo young and chances are she still smashing her baby daddy or he can whenever he wants. Plus a baby at that age requires alot of attention and work so my advice to you is just dont even 

Dated a woman with a kid a few years back, Worst mistake of my life. Baby-daddy drama up the ying yang thru the duration of the 'ship. All I can say is that there are a Ton of women out there who are equally successful in life with very little to no baggage, just gotta be patient. My boys tried to warn me, but I took the plunge anyways...was a complete waste of a year and a half of my life.

Dated a woman with a kid a few years back, Worst mistake of my life. Baby-daddy drama up the ying yang thru the duration of the 'ship. All I can say is that there are a Ton of women out there who are equally successful in life with very little to no baggage, just gotta be patient. My boys tried to warn me, but I took the plunge anyways...was a complete waste of a year and a half of my life.

Not a waste, you learned something b :pimp:

i have a kid and i can tell you that dating a girl with a 6 month old is something i wouldnt do as a dude. first off the kid is way tooo young and chances are she still smashing her baby daddy or he can whenever he wants. Plus a baby at that age requires alot of attention and work so my advice to you is just dont even 

You need a fava figure? :evil:

Don't do it.  I had a step father. It was a wonderful experience. He loves me like he loves his own son (who is my brother). But he divorced my mom cuz well..yea..she's jamaican..im sure you can guess why just off that. In any case he whole heartedly regrets the experience except for me and my brother. Now my dad and him were cool and my dad never tried to smash (my dad spit game on 1000 he need to return to my mom just for some P) but my mom would bring him up constantly as a benchmark among other irritating things and that was a major reason among others that they divorced.

TLDR: Date no baby moms, love no thotties, M.O.B., [insert goofy/corny twitter saying these n words and o's using these days]

@Don, I don't get the Jamaican thing? Never really been around J women actually.
Stereotypes (many of which are true to varying degrees):

- Crazy in every sense of the word

- Aggressive/anger easily

- Jealous

- Petty

- Advantageous, meaning they'll take advantage of you without batting an eye

There's a reason my mom dont want me to mary a born Jamaican, only Jamaican American/British Jamaican/Canadian Jamaican

Not over here ,literally just cut this girl off 2 days ago bc the communication and time was lacking. Her daughter is the sweestest little girl you could ever meet, and truth be told I'll miss seeimg her most of all. As for her mother she has to let down the wall I've been beating at for the last 3 months and open up. I never dated a women with a child up until this point but I know now I will avoid at all cost.

I was messing with this chick last summer that had a kid. Her baby daddy was locked up and he got out some time in November so I knew from the jump not to get too close to her. She was 22 and the kid was 4, she told me the whole story about how they was together all through high school but he was crazy and held her back. Long story short, as October came around we stopped texting as much and seeing each other and that was pretty much it. Lesson learned... A lot of these chicks just want some attention and d*** till they run back to their baby daddy.

I dated a woman with 3 kids for 9 months. The cooking and sex was fantastic. Her kids were cool but with BDs always chirping through her (even though they lived in different cities), I pretty much knew I was on my way out, and I'm very sure she did as well. At this point I'm done dating single mothers regardless if they are in a good situation or not.

Got damn 3? Don't think I could do it. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom