Any thoughts on this Halloween costume?

laugh.gif
they're white. Do u really expect anything better?
replace "white" with "black" and people would be crying about racism

laugh.gif
Yes, people would go on about racism till their fingers went bloody and their keyboard stopped working.

But after spending 2, nearly three semesters with white people from non urbanized areas...mainly philly suburbs and pennsyltucky (that area between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia which is more country/back woods/southern than Northeast)...I've noticed that a lot of them don't think they're being offensive or even understand why whatever it is they have done could be seen as such.

I don't think it's the willfull generalization kind of ignorance..it's the lack of experience kind of ignorance.  They just haven't been exposed to that many if any other cultures besides White American culture and what they see on TV of other cultures.

So I think him saying "Do u really expect anything better?" is wrong but not entirely incorrect (assuming I'm catching his drift).  I think what he really means is "Did you expect them to know better?"  Some of them honestly just haven't a clue.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
Yes, people would go on about racism till their fingers went bloody and their keyboard stopped working.

But after spending 2, nearly three semesters with white people from non urbanized areas...mainly philly suburbs and pennsyltucky (that area between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia which is more country/back woods/southern than Northeast)...I've noticed that a lot of them don't think they're being offensive or even understand why whatever it is they have done could be seen as such.

I don't think it's the willfull generalization kind of ignorance..it's the lack of experience kind of ignorance.  They just haven't been exposed to that many if any other cultures besides White American culture and what they see on TV of other cultures.

So I think him saying "Do u really expect anything better?" is wrong but not entirely incorrect (assuming I'm catching his drift).  I think what he really means is "Did you expect them to know better?"  Some of them honestly just haven't a clue.
this phrase perfectly sums up a few black people that i know

You'd be surprised to see how many people in the world don't know blackface, let alone the its roots in racism

Is it really that hard for people to understand why this particular costume would offend so many? This isn't about poking fun at the stereotypes of any race, it's about the blatant classlessness of the two knuckleheads that thought it would be funny to make fun/get attention by dressing up as the two figures involved in a high profile case.

It's not clever, it's not funny, and it sure isn't "all in good fun". These two wanted to get a rise out of people.

People are really dumb

That chick in the middle is just as stupid as those idiots standing next to her.

I guess she forgot her personal instagram wasn't anonymous. She might lose her job because she thought this costume was so funny.

From her fb

View media item 631596
Racist POS :smh:

Last edited:
People are really dumb

That chick in the middle is just as stupid as those idiots standing next to her.

I guess she forgot her personal instagram wasn't anonymous. She might lose her job because she thought this costume was so funny.

From her fb

mean.gif
she SHOULD lose her job. people this ignorant need to be taught a lesson. and thats the nice way 2 handle it....

I'm sure she won't be an employee of Our Market on Martha's Vineyard for long

People are really dumb

From her fb

View media item 631596
Racist POS :smh:

And people were trying to defend her

Although I too do not like those "black girls rock" shirts

I thought that was Miley Cyrus.
laugh.gif

The Sandusky costume is beyond tasteless, I don't know what would possess someone to think that was even remotely ok.

^ yet you probably don't find this tasteless lordof____trash

Warning I'm just giving an example

*Brb getting a bunch of black kids to wear blooded shirts that say sandy hook elementary on the back*

The verdict was a joke and open doors for things just like this. We as human being have truly fell off.No empathy and no regard for life.

^ yet you probably don't find this tasteless lordof____trash

I do find it tasteless. What's your next angle? That's why no one takes you seriously.
ohwell.gif

[Jamie Foxx voice] "maybe talk about how black people have to struggle, yea that'll get em on your side". [Jamie Foxx voice]

Please tell me of this wonderful time in human history when there wasn't a large number of people with no regard for human life.
I love when people make comments like that. Yo we have fallen off as humans, things are getting worse. You can tell who has NEVER picked up a history book.
roll.gif

someone made a sandusky costume? i just hate people sometimes i really do. ive never seen orange is the new black (altho alot of people say its a great show) but i dont think this woman's portrayal of the character was ill-conceived. It was a dumb move without a doubt, but i dont think she was trying to play off the stereotypes of african americans and do traditional blackface. but it makes me raise the same question i had in my other thread before it got locked... how the hell did u think this would be funny? how would you painting your face as a black person end? Its almost like some of these people COMPLETELY forgot about americas racist history

Back
Top Bottom