Anybody here lived with their best friend in college?

I wouldn't. A friend and I were supposed to room together in college because she had a really great housing lottery number, and we decided last minute not to do it. She lived with a mutual friend the year prior, and they stopped talking a good two weeks after moving in together. In my experience, some friendships can handle cohabitation, but most can't.

I would only do it if I didn't care about the friendship ending on petty terms.

I've lived with all of my closest/best friends and still do, haven't had any major problems so far. Just respect their space and property and set up ground rules beforehand.

I've lived with all of my closest/best friends and still do, haven't had any major problems so far. Just respect their space and property and set up ground rules beforehand.

I lived with my best friend and cousin all through college, and after college.  No drama between us two but that's because we pretty laid back.

Suggestions:
1. Move in with your best friend and at least 1 other person
2. Establish rules right away (no using my comp, no eating my food, etc.)
3. If you really need to use something of his or need to go into his room always ask, no matter how small it is (I needed some TP man...)
4. Be considerate (he got a final tomorrow at 8, don't come stumbling in drunk at 6AM)
5. Have fun

I lived with my best friend and cousin all through college, and after college.  No drama between us two but that's because we pretty laid back.

Suggestions:
1. Move in with your best friend and at least 1 other person
2. Establish rules right away (no using my comp, no eating my food, etc.)
3. If you really need to use something of his or need to go into his room always ask, no matter how small it is (I needed some TP man...)
4. Be considerate (he got a final tomorrow at 8, don't come stumbling in drunk at 6AM)
5. Have fun

I lived with my bestfriend when I was a junior, he was a sophomore.  We've been friends for about 20 years now.  Both of us have manners like normal people so we never had problems.  We would always share our food and keep the place clean and ask to use each other's stuff.  Our suitemates were slobs though and would eat other people's food without asking first.

I lived with my bestfriend when I was a junior, he was a sophomore.  We've been friends for about 20 years now.  Both of us have manners like normal people so we never had problems.  We would always share our food and keep the place clean and ask to use each other's stuff.  Our suitemates were slobs though and would eat other people's food without asking first.

Originally Posted by SIX50

I'm rooming with a friend from high school, he's not thaaaat good of a friend, but he is my friend.
this what i did freshman year. honestly we rarely had any conflicts and we grew closer together as friends.

we were both extremely clean so idk if that had something to do with it. i saw some dudes whose roommates were complete slobs and wouldnt clean up their side of the room.

Originally Posted by SIX50

I'm rooming with a friend from high school, he's not thaaaat good of a friend, but he is my friend.
this what i did freshman year. honestly we rarely had any conflicts and we grew closer together as friends.

we were both extremely clean so idk if that had something to do with it. i saw some dudes whose roommates were complete slobs and wouldnt clean up their side of the room.

Back
Top Bottom