Anybody Rooting for an NBA Lockout?

I understand what OP is saying but no way I'm rooting for the league to go into lockout. This is the same league that went into lockout little more than 10 years ago and there's going to be another one? I don't know if the league can survive from the second one if the lockout does go in effect (which I think it will). 
It'll be sad to see the lockout happening because not only it's been one of the best year in the L in terms of talent wise but you have to think about people who works for the league and teams, not just players or coaches but people working at the parking lot in the arena, in the concession stands, people in PR departments and such. Especially with in this economy, you cannot possibly hope for more job losses. That's all. 

I understand what OP is saying but no way I'm rooting for the league to go into lockout. This is the same league that went into lockout little more than 10 years ago and there's going to be another one? I don't know if the league can survive from the second one if the lockout does go in effect (which I think it will). 
It'll be sad to see the lockout happening because not only it's been one of the best year in the L in terms of talent wise but you have to think about people who works for the league and teams, not just players or coaches but people working at the parking lot in the arena, in the concession stands, people in PR departments and such. Especially with in this economy, you cannot possibly hope for more job losses. That's all. 

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

I dont agree with a lockout, but the revenue sharing issue needs to be addressed. The small market teams such as Sacramento, Cleveland,Indiana, Utah, Memphis( although they are going to be a good team in the future) ect. cannot compete with Chicago, New York, Miami, LA. The league is too top heavy and it needs to be fixed
30t6p3b.gif

The league was most popular when it was top heavy (C's vs. LAL in the '80s & then MJ's 6 titles in 8 years in the '90s). The NBA has never been about parity. And the league's ratings have been through the roof this year. Some people may complain, but there is a lot more people still watching... a LOT.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

I dont agree with a lockout, but the revenue sharing issue needs to be addressed. The small market teams such as Sacramento, Cleveland,Indiana, Utah, Memphis( although they are going to be a good team in the future) ect. cannot compete with Chicago, New York, Miami, LA. The league is too top heavy and it needs to be fixed
30t6p3b.gif

The league was most popular when it was top heavy (C's vs. LAL in the '80s & then MJ's 6 titles in 8 years in the '90s). The NBA has never been about parity. And the league's ratings have been through the roof this year. Some people may complain, but there is a lot more people still watching... a LOT.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by knightngale

It has not happened yet so how can I be butt hurt? I thought you were a cavs fan all these years

OH

And I thought you were a Lakers fan. *Looks at your avy* Turns out you're more of a hater than a fan. That dunk is about to become as relevant as Kobe's 3 to send it in overtime in game 2 of the 2004 finals. 
or as relevant as Lebron's supposed 6 championship rings  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by knightngale

It has not happened yet so how can I be butt hurt? I thought you were a cavs fan all these years

OH

And I thought you were a Lakers fan. *Looks at your avy* Turns out you're more of a hater than a fan. That dunk is about to become as relevant as Kobe's 3 to send it in overtime in game 2 of the 2004 finals. 
or as relevant as Lebron's supposed 6 championship rings  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

My winter/spring would be so depressing without the NBA.

roll.gif
that was me back in '98 through early '99....but as knick fan, we all know how that worked out
pimp.gif
frown.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

My winter/spring would be so depressing without the NBA.

roll.gif
that was me back in '98 through early '99....but as knick fan, we all know how that worked out
pimp.gif
frown.gif
glasses.gif

Wouldn't make a difference to me… Basketball used to be my favorite sport to watch now I only watch during playoffs and when other sports have there off season.

Wouldn't make a difference to me… Basketball used to be my favorite sport to watch now I only watch during playoffs and when other sports have there off season.

It would definitely help Kobe get healthy. Even a half season lockout would probably let him full heal

It would definitely help Kobe get healthy. Even a half season lockout would probably let him full heal

Back
Top Bottom