Anybody Rooting for an NBA Lockout?

I think it would be a good thing for the league to have to suffer for a year and make them really appreciate their fans.

The players act like they are entitled to everything and most (not all) of them could care less how their team ends up doing, as long as their stat lines look good and they are making millions.

It would suck to lose a year off of guys careers, but the whole league to me has become such a mockery of what basketball is about. Everything is about image nowadays instead of heart and competitiveness. one big ego contest.

I guess it would hurt the owners more than players, but I think in the long run it would be beneficial for both. Plus I know $tern would be pissed, which would make it awesome.

I feel completely different about the NFL lockout, that league actually rewards and showcases the guys that give everything they've got and do the little things.  I just can't imagine a year with no pro football, every sunday and monday night would suck. NBA already sucks, so it would be a nice break.

I think it would be a good thing for the league to have to suffer for a year and make them really appreciate their fans.

The players act like they are entitled to everything and most (not all) of them could care less how their team ends up doing, as long as their stat lines look good and they are making millions.

It would suck to lose a year off of guys careers, but the whole league to me has become such a mockery of what basketball is about. Everything is about image nowadays instead of heart and competitiveness. one big ego contest.

I guess it would hurt the owners more than players, but I think in the long run it would be beneficial for both. Plus I know $tern would be pissed, which would make it awesome.

I feel completely different about the NFL lockout, that league actually rewards and showcases the guys that give everything they've got and do the little things.  I just can't imagine a year with no pro football, every sunday and monday night would suck. NBA already sucks, so it would be a nice break.

laugh.gif

You're sickkkk

I understand where you're coming from as a selfish fan, but come on man.

Thousands of people who work paycheck to paycheck would be out of the job if there was a lockout. You're willing to put them all out of work just so Lebron never has "the decision" again?

If you dont want to watch it....dont.

A lockout will not accomplish all of those things you complain about.

Why would a year without playing make the game any better? Ok so the players lose salary... but they're still getting paid millions post-lockout, so why would they have more "heart and competitiveness" than before?

Will the refs be replaced and Stern will instruct them to be more lenient and let the physical play return? Because there's no reason to believe that happens with a lockout.

They'll appreciate the fans? Why? A lockout will hurt the fans and the league... without a product, you won't have any fans... and those who are already frustrated with the game (like you seem to be) will only be driven further away from the NBA if there's a stoppage in play.

The lockout could be beneficial in the long term, depending on how the new CBA is constructed... but I don't see how it's going to do the things you accomplish. And pissing Stern off is just petty nonsense, who cares if he's happy or not.

Why would a year without playing make the game any better? Ok so the players lose salary... but they're still getting paid millions post-lockout, so why would they have more "heart and competitiveness" than before?

Will the refs be replaced and Stern will instruct them to be more lenient and let the physical play return? Because there's no reason to believe that happens with a lockout.

They'll appreciate the fans? Why? A lockout will hurt the fans and the league... without a product, you won't have any fans... and those who are already frustrated with the game (like you seem to be) will only be driven further away from the NBA if there's a stoppage in play.

The lockout could be beneficial in the long term, depending on how the new CBA is constructed... but I don't see how it's going to do the things you accomplish. And pissing Stern off is just petty nonsense, who cares if he's happy or not.

I understand where you're coming from as a selfish fan, but come on man.

Thousands of people who work paycheck to paycheck would be out of the job if there was a lockout. You're willing to put them all out of work just so Lebron never has "the decision" again?

If you dont want to watch it....dont.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yep

Also OP you dont seem like a real fan, you seem like more of a casual observer

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yep

Also OP you dont seem like a real fan, you seem like more of a casual observer

What this upcoming lockout is about and stands for has nothing to do with what you posted.

This lockout will not benefit anyone if an entire year is lost due to it.

What this upcoming lockout is about and stands for has nothing to do with what you posted.

This lockout will not benefit anyone if an entire year is lost due to it.

Back
Top Bottom