Anybody with dreadlocks? If so, post pics

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Originally Posted by 18th letter

yeah so i decided to try and get them..what are some of the basics i need to know?

Um, well first you're going to want to find somebody to do your grid. To start you off. If you don't plan on keeping your hair up yourself, then establish a good relationship with someone who knows your hair and be ready to pony up anywhere between 50-70 every so often. I remember going to one shop trying to get mine re-done and some girl put black beeswax in my hair. That stuff was disgusting and it got all over my pillows, just a huge mess. I ended up having to start all over.

How long is your btw? If it's not at least 3 inches, it's going to be a big B to maintain on your own. I tried that and it was hella hard trying to wash my hair and re-twist them again.

Personally, I couldn't afford that 50-70 every so often. Not being in college with no job, so I went with the "do it myself" method.

I have a bottle of foam wrap by motions, a bottle of freezing gel by suave, and a leave in conditioner. I wash my hair on average, every two weeks and then just re-twist and blow dry them out. It does take time though. I usually watch a movie while i'm re-twisting them though.

washing your hair every 2 weeks sounds disgusting....
sick.gif

im middle eastern and im growing my hair as of now to be able to lock them up by febuary

i think dreads can look good on a lot of people

you just gotta keep up with the re-twisting and shape ups

a lot of non african americans are care free

thats why their dreads always look bad and disguisting

i got my girls on speed dail

so every 2-3 weeks ill be getting em nice and clean all over again

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Originally Posted by Icrashdemboardz

Been growin my hair for like 4 years..and started my dreads a little over 3 years ago they are longer than they look in this pic.
dsc00048xa9.jpg

This is after I first got my hair twisted like 3 years ago.. I started with double strand twists.
mvc006fyk0.jpg

lol Elgin haha.
haha elgin

yea they look like straight up worms on your head at first but when its all long
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ladies love em!

Your better off starting with braids, waiting till you get significant hang time...like your hair is 6 inches pulled...THEN getting dreaded up. You can bypassthat nasty worm stage.

I was thinking bout growing some but the long wait and the "ugly" stage is what troubles me

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

im middle eastern and im growing my hair as of now to be able to lock them up by febuary

The resurrection begins
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

What is the procedure for maintaining dreads? I know you gotta wash them like undreaded hair, but what about getting them redreaded and stuff?

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Originally Posted by Icrashdemboardz

Been growin my hair for like 4 years..and started my dreads a little over 3 years ago they are longer than they look in this pic.
dsc00048xa9.jpg

This is after I first got my hair twisted like 3 years ago.. I started with double strand twists.
mvc006fyk0.jpg

lol Elgin haha.
haha elgin

etan thomas style

I've had my dreads for about 11 years. They go all the way down my back to my rump. My only complaint is they make my neck hot in this houston heat. Inever "got mine done." It just went from bald to afro to ugly to dreads. No offense to the rest of you but I never really liked (read: respected)dreads that are all the same size and uniform around the head. Mine are thin on the sides and thick in the middle just like nature intended.

i've been growing my hair for a little over 2 years

...me with my hair out

AND THIS IS AFTER GETTING BRAIDED UP (i know its not dreads but close enough)

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

The resurrection begins
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

just wait my dude i gotchu

Originally Posted by richiecotite

tried to grow dreads about 2 yrs ago, wanted to go natural, no twisting, no product, just soap, water, and some moisturizer. terrible idea. my hair naturally dreads up, so i just let it go to see what would happen. parts were ok, parts were not, and just started clumping up.

207qdyo.jpg
Cut your hair fam

Back
Top Bottom