Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Griff rookie is 89

But I think they had stickers for like 2-3 years. If I remember right, they had full size stickers, and half size ones as well.

yeah lol im not good with 90s cards i got out of collecting but got back in about a year ago

mostly like 80s and back and 2000s and up

i rember buying 1986 topps looking for the barry rc..........i was pissed off cause i went throught i think its 792 cards about 4 times

i was like 10 and didnt know yet

Last edited:
I had numbers you wouldn't believe. Sold 99% of my collection for about $650.
mean.gif
Ouch!!! Did you have anything graded?

Naw, I never got into that. I know I lost tons of money. I'd spend a couple hundred in a weekend, easy.

650 might have covered a month or two, maybe. :smh: :lol:

Paid $7.00 for a large plastic bag full of the cards.  Don't normally buy cards at thrift shops, usually nothing but overproduced late 80's to 90's (which I have multiples of).  When I saw card designs I didn't recognize from sight, I said why not.  When I pulled that 1973 Clemente I near sh*t my pants.  Pulled a lot of 1960 Topps commons as well.    

For a good 2/3 of my life, this was heaven:

View media item 702902

When I was a kid me and my dad attended one of these card shows every other weekend. We usually bought a couple of packs every week, baseball, football, basketball. I remember buying Post cereals, Mother's Cookies, Duracell batteries, Hostess cupcakes just for the free promotional Ken Griffey Jr. cards. :lol: :pimp:

I was obsessed, I also collected sports magazines, news papers, Starting Lineups, Headliners. I wrote letters to teams to get free stickers, cards, posters, schedules, etc.

I actually still have all of it buried away in my closet at home. One day when I'm not so lazy I might try to go through and organize everything.

Last edited:
I was obsessed, I also collected sports magazines, news papers, Starting Lineups, Headliners. I wrote letters to teams to get free stickers, cards, posters, schedules, etc.

Same here. :lol:

I'm pulling for you to win the lotto someday, your story left a lump in my throat.

:lol: Thank you man. But I didn't mean to depress anyone. Was just talkin about how much I used to spend on the hobby.

Really my biggest regret is not having a photo of my entire collection in it's entirety. I think I have some photos of pieces here and there somewhere, but not one of the entire collection in one room, organized. I wish I had done that. :smh:

finding a rare item in a pack :smokin

i remember buying a marvel pack, even though i dont collect and pulled out one of the rarest cards. my friend who was with me collected comics/marvel cards and almost fainted. i traded it to him for some stuff

Nothing better than pullin packs.

I'd end up with 100's of cards stacked up, but after you go thru em all, you just lookin for that next pack to open. They were drugs, but for kids. :lol:

Nothing better than pullin packs.

I'd end up with 100's of cards stacked up, but after you go thru em all, you just lookin for that next pack to open. They were drugs, but for kids
laugh.gif
same i was like im only gonna spend 10 dollars......spend 90 
laugh.gif

View media item 702902

When I was a kid me and my dad attended one of these card shows every other weekend. We usually bought a couple of packs every week, baseball, football, basketball. I remember buying Post cereals, Mother's Cookies, Duracell batteries, Hostess cupcakes just for the free promotional Ken Griffey Jr. cards. :lol: :pimp:

I actually still have all of it buried away in my closet at home. One day when I'm not so lazy I might try to go through and organize everything.
I did that with the Cubs once to try and get Kerry Wood's autograph. They mailed me back an envelop full of some really cool stuff, remember a team picture or something, I gotta look for it. No Kerry Wood autograph, but I didn't even care. I was just shocked they wrote back :lol:

I looked into selling my cards a few years ago. They all lost so much value that I would rather just hold onto them. Some great pics. All my cards are packed away, I wish I could take pics.

Randy Moss Topps Chrome rookie

Kobe Bryant Fleer rookie

Vince Carter Skybox or something like that

the eMotion basketball cards :smh: spent a lot on those.

I sent my Deion Sanders rookie card to get signed. Don't know if the signature was real or not but he signed the plastic sleeve it was in :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
I looked into selling my cards a few years ago. They all lost so much value that I would rather just hold onto them. Some great pics. All my cards are packed away, I wish I could take pics.

Randy Moss Topps Chrome rookie

Kobe Bryant Fleer rookie

Vince Carter Skybox or something like that

the eMotion basketball cards
mean.gif
spent a lot on those.

I sent my Deion Sanders rookie card to get signed. Don't know if the signature was real or not but he signed the plastic sleeve it was in
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
so truee
mean.gif
 so if you send your cards to i guess the club they will sign it

I did that with the Cubs once to try and get Kerry Wood's autograph. They mailed me back an envelop full of some really cool stuff, remember a team picture or something, I gotta look for it. No Kerry Wood autograph, but I didn't even care. I was just shocked they wrote back :lol:

Out of all the teams I wrote, I received one autograph, an Elton Brand signed photo of Benny the Bull. :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom