Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Ok, some cool stuff that I have. Not looking to sell, just need to get a place big enough to display them.

I realize now that sneakers mainly replaced cards as my hobby. Still got love for the stuff I got.

i swear, i use to pull tom gugliotas cards all the time. i could memorize his stats and bio, lol

i have a big underbed tupperware storage box of basketball cards
used to love going through them

I have a Ray Allen rookie Topps Chrome card that I had graded and was valued at $360 back in the day. Probably isn't work jack **** now....

I collected in the 90s and was actually wondering if any kids were collecting these days. I have a bunch of cards but know as a fact I probably have over 100 MJs.

Anyone know a reliable place I can look up the value of some of these?

Last edited:
i was heavy into it with my dad back when i was a kid, of course back then i was only like 7 so i didnt have a clue what i was doing. i just enjoyed opening packs, going to shows, and chillin with pops :pimp:

i have a 92 skybox nba set that i almost finished, came out with some pretty good rookie cards and insert cards (at least, at the time i think i did lulz). plus the dream team cards

totally agree on how saturated it is now. so many sets and ridiculous "special" packs with 3 cards for 12 bucks :smh:

also, grading has to have been the final nail of the coffin. cards are worthless unless theyre graded and certified 10...PSA must be raking in the dough doing nothing :smh:

I got a sick collection that I got from a kid who got caught in a drug bust.

I was working in a college dorm and the kid got busted and received a crazy sentence, like a BID, dude was not coming home any time soon. His fam asked to ship whatever was in his room back to India. Me and the other guy who did it found this and his comic book collection. We split it and I got the cards. Sick collection, Ted Williams card, griffey bonds , all sorts of stuff. Grimey I know but tough to just pack up ...

^ Bruh if that MJ Carolina card is in mint condition you are good! :smokin

Last edited:
I got a sick collection that I got from a kid who got caught in a drug bust.

I was working in a college dorm and the kid got busted and received a crazy sentence, like a BID, dude was not coming home any time soon. His fam asked to ship whatever was in his room back to India. Me and the other guy who did it found this and his comic book collection. We split it and I got the cards. Sick collection, Ted Williams card, griffey bonds , all sorts of stuff. Grimey I know but tough to just pack up ...

Damn :lol:

I collected in the 90s and was actually wondering if any kids were collecting these days. I have a bunch of cards but know as a fact I probably have over 100 MJs.

Beckett, last I remember. But I think you have to pay just to look up the value 
mean.gif

take em to a dealer

I have a bunch when I'd collect but the value is half of what I paid for them a few years ago :smh: I learned not to buy josh Childress :lol: (I had hope for him), I have a few nice Rashard Lewis & Marcus Camby auto/gu cards along with a few nice inserts and rookie cards.

Sportscardforum.com use to be good but it's really slow now.

Last edited:
I never did, but a family friend grew up with Doc Rivers and got me a signed card from when he played with the Clippers. I don't remember what year that was in, but I was digging through my comic collection recently and found it. It's in a small case. Doubt it's worth anything, but maybe if Doc wins as a coach for the Clippers one day, it may be. Doubt that will ever happen though. :lol:

EDIT:

Looks like this.

qd608.jpg

Last edited:
I'm worried about going to a dealer because I have so many cards. Feel like the guy would be pull a fast one on me and not mention if I had a gem in there :rolleyes

youre not gonna get much in return
think about it, the dealer has to make a profit as well. if it's work 1000, youre not getting more than 3-4 for it.

I'm worried about going to a dealer because I have so many cards. Feel like the guy would be pull a fast one on me and not mention if I had a gem in there
eyes.gif
not selling just an appraisal but go to the library and get a price guide 

Back
Top Bottom