Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Like the rest of you guys, when I was a kid I couldn't get enough of trading cards. That feeling of being at a card show or getting a box of cards for Christmas. :lol:

Is there any place to get rid of cards these days? I have a decent amount from the 90's and know that in the end, I will just end up trashing them ...

Like the rest of you guys, when I was a kid I couldn't get enough of trading cards. That feeling of being at a card show or getting a box of cards for Christmas.
laugh.gif

Is there any place to get rid of cards these days? I have a decent amount from the 90's and know that in the end, I will just end up trashing them ...
what kind and early or late....

Yep, I remember that Rickey rookie.
laugh.gif

The 86 tops there on the upper left, and 87 Donruss it looks like underneath.

I remember the Bo Jackson black and white, bat-shoulder pads card.
Craig Jefferies rush
Canseco, McGwire cards (I lived near the bay area as a kid)
Will Clark
The Bowman set that had all the "rare" rookies. Jeter, Manny, Rivera, Chipper
I remember the Don Mattingly 84 topps card was one of my favorites, along with the Sandberg.
The 85 Donruss set was bad ***. Gooden, Puckett, and Clemens

mean.gif

The Card Industry screwed itself with the flood of product, 1 card packs for 15 bucks, and more and more and more and more sets. Used to be 4, then maybe 5-6 a year, then all of a sudden there were 100 per sport.

Just sheer madness.
wasnt that the dream team set

Before retiring my dad was a garbage man in a fairly rich area...e brought home 2-3 boxes filled with baseball cards and basketball cards(all old)...hundreds of them

I'll have to post them to see if they're any good

what kind and early or late....

Basketball and football. Early 90s to late 90s. A few from the early 2000s. I will have to pull them out of the garage and go through them to get specific about players, type, etc.

I do have like 5 boxes of baseball cards from the late 80s and early 90s, but I've never truly investigated what is in the boxes. My dad brought them when I was much younger ...

busting packs is really addicting. cheaper to buy the cards you want, but definitely not as fun.

Before retiring my dad was a garbage man in a fairly rich area...e brought home 2-3 boxes filled with baseball cards and basketball cards(all old)...hundreds of them

I'll have to post them to see if they're any good
inbox me if there pre 1980

Bought like $30 in cards a couple of months ago.. No idea why.

Felt like a kid as I opened each pack.. Then when I got done, I said "Another $30 wasted."

back in the day i was really into football and basketball. then i went to college and stopped for a while. about 2 years ago i got the itch. now i am trying to get rid of what i have left. got rid of most of my stuff. below is some of the stuff i have left.

skybox_z-force_big_men_on_court_7.jpg

1996-97-Topps-Chrome-Steve-Nash.jpg

m8IDX0U4yNj45ksWy99BxkA.jpg

71u-nqmhiRL._SL1500_.jpg

1998BowmanChromePeytonManning%20Rookie1.jpeg

Jeter-RC.jpg

when i was younger, any time i got money, i'd walk down to my local sports / hobby shop & buy packs of cards :lol:

i still have a bunch of them in a box under my bed... ended up getting a bunch of them signed throughout the years :smokin

Card shop owned by a guy that looked like Nascar Driver Kyle Petty

had a 5 cent box.... I spent so much money and hours at a time in that place...

Last edited:
whats the rarest card you guys have owned at any point?

here is mine (not my pic). sold it earlier this year.

%24_35.JPG

I use to be really into this in the 90s, had a lot of fun. Still remember when stores solely dedicated to selling trading cards were still around. Was a bit humbling when I realized my collection wasn't worth squat.

Reactions: ...
I have a big binder full of Michael Jordan cards. I called a card shop to sell em he told me give em to my kids and they can prolly make something off em when they grown lol

Found these bad boys in a box at an antique shop. 81 of them for $81...

Makes a great desktop wallpaper

Other randoms

Mariano Rivera Game used WS ball

500 HR club auto ball (And Pete Rose)

I have boxes on boxes. I'm not even really sure what all I have..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom