Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Should hit that 750/800 mark again but the thing is sooooooo many Zion 10/9.5’s out there with grading back and the print runs compared to past years.

$500 ish may be a good entry point at the moment but at that high (750-800 from March/April) I’m buying Luka.

hows starstock treating you? I think I saw your post on discord about it.

Anyone sign up for Slabstox new site? From what I gather, their pricing graphs are free?

I ask, because I'm trying to see prices on graphs rather than manually going through Ebay and typing card XX and having to comb the page for previous sales. Seems kinda like a convoluted way to track. Does anyone know of any sites that provide that info for free?

Anyone sign up for Slabstox new site? From what I gather, their pricing graphs are free?

I ask, because I'm trying to see prices on graphs rather than manually going through Ebay and typing card XX and having to comb the page for previous sales. Seems kinda like a convoluted way to track. Does anyone know of any sites that provide that info for free?

limited graphs on starstock but interface is nice. Only rookies it seems

These things are so addictive. Feel like I should hold long term, but I may most likely sell when the right Kobe for my PC comes along.
5C2B8302-B278-43E8-960D-F207E11804B2.jpeg

What's the best for MLB nowadays? Topps? Wanna get some Gleyber rookie cards to have :lol:

Just inherited a baseball collection with a bunch of 1968-72 Tops Baseball cards. A bunch of nolan ryan rookie cards and multiples within the set. I was told to sell them if I wanted but don’t have a clue where to sell😂

any advice?

Just inherited a baseball collection with a bunch of 1968-72 Tops Baseball cards. A bunch of nolan ryan rookie cards and multiples within the set. I was told to sell them if I wanted but don’t have a clue where to sell😂

any advice?

Take photos and go to a local card shop. They usually help with that.

Saw some ‘91 or ‘92 Skybox in the package the other day at some card shop in South Carolina. They were in those old packages kinda like what G.I. Joe’s came in with the clear plastic in the front. Anyway, the front left and right cards were sun bleached/faded to hell, as you could imagine.

any advice?

Send them to the crib and I’ll personally go through each and let you know what’s worthy anything or not:D:D:D:D

Not srs lol

Looking to spend around $1k-$1.5k on an investment. Sold some shoes lol what are you guys buying into? Right now been looking at either one big card or a few up to my budget.

Looking to spend around $1k-$1.5k on an investment. Sold some shoes lol what are you guys buying into? Right now been looking at either one big card or a few up to my budget.
Cam Reddish, DeAndre Ayton, Siakam.
Really putting stock into certain players keep you more informed on how they are performing and makes for a bigger fan.
In regards to one big card can’t go wrong with MJ, LeBron, Mahomes.
Also, but who you like and rock with.

Cannot go wrong with anything Luka at this point. You can get a psa 9 silver prizm with the budget. Anything lebron.

I bought like 3 psa 10 luka Prizm like a month ago at around 600 ish and Now they go for 800 easily. May reach 1000 come start of the season.

I'm gonna dig through mine and my dad's old stuff next weekend we had this set and the year after, really curious if there are any hidden gems.

I have both of those sets. The best rookie is GP but there are lots of Jordan cards and the three piece dream team card from 91-92 is pretty cool. Not really anything worth more than $5-$10 though.

Had to run into the office for a minute today so I decided to stop in the target nearby. Found this two pack (2019 series one pack underneath the 2020) and also picked up this score box (not sure if it’s even worth it as I am not really into football cards but wanted something to open). Decided to stop at the other two targets and Walmart On my way home, nothing

anyways, here is what I’m keeping out of them.
E6B387E4-1EBF-4069-9E67-C3A5B3E811E3.jpeg

E0E91CFA-4C9E-4FC5-ABC7-06C5FA6516A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Cannot go wrong with anything Luka at this point. You can get a psa 9 silver prizm with the budget. Anything lebron.

I bought like 3 psa 10 luka Prizm like a month ago at around 600 ish and Now they go for 800 easily. May reach 1000 come start of the season.

100% this. Everybody is different but if I personally had to narrow it down to one player, its Luka for me. He's the truth and only into his second season. His stuff will never be cheaper than it is now. And its already not cheap. lol

Beyond that, the safest bet is Lebron. His stuff is already up there though too.

Again, personally I'd go with a Luka Prizm PSA10 and then look at Zion or Ja Morant, figure out who you think has the potential to really have a solid career, and buy a prizm psa 10 of either of those.

I like to gamble a bit more but if you're more risk averse you could go Luka Prizm PSA 10 ($800-$850 ish) and something like a Lebron PSA 8 rookie, the Topps one where he is holding his jersey up went for $550 this weekend in a PSA 8

Last edited:
Stay away from those 2 packs. The pack in the back is 2019 series 1 which might be worse than 2020
Series 2

whats more inflated and artificial? The stock market or the card market?

Stay away from those 2 packs. The pack in the back is 2019 series 1 which might be worse than 2020
Series 2

:lol: they were both terrible.

I don’t know how you can say the card market isn’t. To see these rookie cards of sophomore (and rookie) nba players selling for what they do is insane imo. Blows my mind that I can pick up a psa 10 Allen Iverson rookie for less than most of these cards, and the guy is a proven ****ing legend. :lol: speculation has gone wild.

From a purely investment perspective I would absolutely put my money in the stock markets over cards if I were to choose. But I’m not an investor collector, generally just buy what I like with no plans to ever sell (unless something crazy like p2020 bubble happens).

Series 2

Idk but the card market has had an influx of people enter, from flippers to folks that use to collect as a kid and recently hopped back in. I dont see anybody just walking away, so there might be a correction at some point but for the most part I think things will hold strong. Long term, card companies will probably move towards over-production (again, like 89 Upper Deck), so future product might eventually tip the scale.

Right now you just have more demand than anything. I keep hearing "oh, theres 15k PSA 10 Luka's, dont buy, look for RPA's instead." 15k Luka PSA 10's dont mean **** if 100k people want one. Basketball is international too so if anything will continue to hold, IMO, its basketball cards. The demand isnt going anywhere

Only football cards Ive really purchased is Drew Lock, other Broncos and Christian McCaffrey. lol

Speaking of international. I had a box of uefa cl cards in my hand at target but decided against it. Figured I could waste 20$ on something else. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom