Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

breaking and going live is rough lol. Lots of things we didn’t think about but next break I’ll post on here.

IG - premiumslab

missed this one but I'll def check the next one out.

I’m not opening another box of cards this year. Not even at retail. It’s not worth it.

I’d rather just sell the box and buy the cards I want.

I wanted to buy wax and just sit on it but still havent pulled the trigger and its literally getting more expensive by the day

Last edited:
I wanted to buy wax and just sit on it but still havent pulled the trigger and its literally getting more expensive by the day

I still think Optic has room for increase...I sold off half of my boxes earlier this week and holding the other half for another month or so.

I’d say buy and hold Chronicles after its initial release. I don’t think it’s ceiling will reach that of Prizm, Mosaic, Optic but should still be able to double your money if you buy at the right time.

Got this saladeen money bear jawn in today finally. Two months later.

2181A605-7658-40C8-BCBA-F79A4C811585.jpeg
5929C4F9-655B-4E49-ACA3-37AC5561BAAA.jpeg
93FD8C71-8257-448C-B5A7-396391AEE37A.jpeg
4D805891-CE1A-4108-8DD2-7A35AD6F1454.jpeg

Don’t unless you like to gamble. Spend that on singles.
Opened up over $1000 worth in sealed product yesterday. Only one base Ja and a insert NBA debut, no zions - hell not even a Lebron.
Yeah there are some legitimate guys that do bulk submissions but I also just rather send directly. All a personal preference.

Bro Im back in the game after being out for 20 years lollll

I'd definitely suggest just buying the Ja and Zions you want outright. Basketball boxes are CRAZY marked up right now. If you got it like that and are a gambler, go for it. I'd still buy the Ja and Zion rookies separately.
I would only try to get em by buying a whole box anyway

Don’t unless you like to gamble. Spend that on singles.
Opened up over $1000 worth in sealed product yesterday. Only one base Ja and a insert NBA debut, no zions - hell not even a Lebron.

If you don't mind me asking, was it Hobby or Retail stuff you opened?

Why in the world are Pokemon cards going for ridiculous money?!
My bro who just passed away from als has a bunch of Pokemon. He collected the stuff since the beginning. Had a friend at the time that worked at Kmart and KB toys downtown that stole these Pokemon and sports cards for us lol. I don't know anything about Pokemon. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't sell my bros cards. Keep it as a memory.

My bro who just passed away from als has a bunch of Pokemon. He collected the stuff since the beginning. Had a friend at the time that worked at Kmart and KB toys downtown that stole these Pokemon and sports cards for us lol. I don't know anything about Pokemon. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't sell my bros cards. Keep it as a memory.
For sure. My wife and I were going through her brothers (who was killed a few years ago) CD books a few weeks ago and she was like “I know I should get rid of these since they just take up space, but I just can’t”. I get it. Him and my father in law unloaded all his cards and comics when he was a teenager, wish they hung onto that stuff.

Idk **** about Brady rookies but seen this pop up

Speaking of Elite, anybody coppin? It drops tomorrow and is supposed to be the first NFL product with rookies in pro-uni's.

Idk **** about Brady rookies but seen this pop up

Speaking of Elite, anybody coppin? It drops tomorrow and is supposed to be the first NFL product with rookies in pro-uni's.
If the LCS has some when I pick up my Bowman Hobby Box, I'll grab a couple.

Pretty sure its just generational. I was too old to catch the Pokemon wave but for those that are young enough, its collectibles mixed with nostalgia. Perfect recipe for value once you introduce rarity.

people would say the same about sports cards. At the end of the days this is all cardboard.

but some say outside of the big hitters (Lebron, MJ, Kobe, etc) Pokémon’s a safer bet. No dealing with injuries, fluke years, bad years/performances, etc.

CFKf873VAAAL9tb.jpg

but srsly, value is whatever someone is willing to pay. I need to dig up some of my old 1st editions...

Second month with the brother in cards package. First month packs werent bad and just about broke even price wise. But opened them and had 3 Lebrons including a holo. So not bad return.

Excited to open this months. Definitely got over value with a mosaic Hobby pack. Others are a mosaic fast break, Prizm retail x2, optic Tmall.

Figured I won’t open my actual sealed wax any more and this will scratch that urge.

Attachments

• 37571C19-F9A4-4A8A-A2CB-E2B70F1813DC.jpeg
    37571C19-F9A4-4A8A-A2CB-E2B70F1813DC.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom