Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

^youre pretty spot on.

If your looking for buying packs, chronicles is coming out for basketball at the end of this month or beginning of next. It will be the only retail product left and affordable if you can find it in store.

Football will be fun once the pro jersey cards start dropping. Prizm is usually pretty early and the best retail product. I have a feeling football prices are going to soar once these products drop so retail may be the most affordable in the future like basketball.

I know nothing about baseball too lol.

What do you mean by “good”? I’m not heavy into football cards but I still collect eagles players. I think all my eagles cards are great. :lol:

For football, it usually the qbs that are most valuable. The skilled positions are very undervalued and I won’t even mention defensive players lol.

either the Future Hof qbs or the young QBs do well and are sought after.
Basketball it’s all over.

Thanks for the insight! Now, where would be the best retailer to buy these? It seems target and Walmart are all sold out lol

Fozz Fozz Yeah man its rough trying to find stuff retail. Since Ive been back in the game I have only found Bowman baseball. No basketball, not even once. Its something that you gotta just keep checking every so often but theres also the local card shop or ebay. Prices are crazy right now though, unless you find stuff retail (Target or Walmart)

There are also online card warehouses like blowoutcards, steelcitycollectibles, etc

Lol they asked homie about the Reddish auto

Pretty interesting video about the upcoming Panini basketball products. Seems like they will be milking this 19-20 class more.

Cam Reddish auto.jpeg
Didn't even let him answer lol wtf

Last edited:
Getting a Gleyber auto rookie you're spending a minimum of $150. Though I believe that we'll see Andujar's go up, he was out last year with an injury, and he is back at full strength now. I can't wait to see him go on a tear.

Getting a Gleyber auto rookie you're spending a minimum of $150. Though I believe that we'll see Andujar's go up, he was out last year with an injury, and he is back at full strength now. I can't wait to see him go on a tear.
Yeah I grabbed a ungraded Andujar Topps chrome rookie to have...looks in good shape. Got this coming in next.
Screenshot_20200714-065908_eBay.jpg

Fozz Fozz - For basketball Prizm is the most popular. Then there is Select, Spectra, Mosaic, Optic and Donruss (plus a bunch of other stuff in between). Pack/box wise everything is super expensive right now with Zion mania. Ive been mostly just buying single cards.

Football has Prizm, Select, Optic, Donruss, etc. Mosaic isnt out yet but will be soon. Plus a bunch more. Essentially the same products as b ball

Generally speaking, I would start with Prizm, Optic or Mosaic. If those seem too expensive you can look at Donruss.

I dont really collect baseball but Topps and Bowman are king.

Folks can chime in and correct me if Im wrong.. Ive only been back in the game a month or so lol
Select>Mosaic by far

M marskicks oh 100% . I mentioned Select but since he is just starting out I was just suggesting to start with a couple to get his feet wet.

Select is expensive, and I know when I was getting back into the game all the different product types were overwhelming.

I love/respect Prizm, but Select might be my personal favorite. At least Select Courtside.

Yeah I grabbed a ungraded Andujar Topps chrome rookie to have...looks in good shape. Got this coming in next.
Screenshot_20200714-065908_eBay.jpg
This one is dope! I'm trying to track down a Mariano Rivera, saw one specific auto card I really want, but got outbid at the last second.

Keep trying to get any kind of Gleyber Torres rookies/auto card and they just shoot up the last 5 min of the listing :lol:

lol yeah man, now its time for you to do the sniping.

Two main searches I run daily on whatever I'm looking for:
- filter by Ending Soonest, then change the listing type to Auction (to see auctions about to end. Sometimes you can find an auction almost over and snipe)
- filter by Newly Listed, then change the listing type to Buy-It-Now (to see brand new listings. The stuff priced to sell will sell quick so you want to be able to see everything that was just listed)

Tbh I win auctions but I'd say 90% of my ebay purchases are buy-it-nows that were just recently listed. I run that search multiple times a day. The auctions are days long and require patience. If I can find a deal and buy it now, Im all day widdit

Man, there are so many variations lol.

Do you guys buy both retail and hobby?

Everything is OD expensive, hope the prices come down for next years class. Tough to get your hands on either, hobby is crazy expensive but you get better hits. All I see are breakers breaking hobby boxes. Retail has a secondary market to obtain them. Nothing is east at the moment. Whatever you buy will be crazy marked up.
At this point I just cross my fingers when I go into target or Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom