anyone else do the black eyed peas thing for new years?

Originally Posted by jdi23

We actually had done collard greens and black eyed peas every year. I got to my moms today and asked her were we gonna eat that again this year. This is what she said verbatim" I get money everyday my N". Mind you she is a middle aged Christian lady. I almost died laughing so no we won't be doing that this year,
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like my mom!

*calls mom*

Mom: What's up my N
Me:
eek.gif
Huh?
Me: Uhhh...
Mom: I said what's up my N
roll.gif
roll.gif

We actually had done collard greens and black eyed peas every year. I got to my moms today and asked her were we gonna eat that again this year. This is what she said verbatim" I get money everyday my N". Mind you she is a middle aged Christian lady. I almost died laughing so no we won't be doing that this year,
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like my mom!

*calls mom*

Me:
eek.gif
Huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like my mom!

*calls mom*

Me:
eek.gif
Huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like my mom!

*calls mom*

Me:
eek.gif
Huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Raises hand.(fam from NC and dc/new Orleans). Used to hate it when ma dukes made me eat em. They're aight if you eat em with your greens.

Raises hand.(fam from NC and dc/new Orleans). Used to hate it when ma dukes made me eat em. They're aight if you eat em with your greens.

Yup.....for some reason we switch the greens out for cabbage though. I love black eyed peas and this is the only time of the year I really get to eat them because my mom hates them.

Yup.....for some reason we switch the greens out for cabbage though. I love black eyed peas and this is the only time of the year I really get to eat them because my mom hates them.

Back
Top Bottom