Anyone else feel this way? JB doing too much too quickly?

IN TERMS OF HAVING PROOF I DO NOT - but i did hear last week from a mom and pop store owner, who supposively heard this from his JB rep, that JB is ending retro releases in "the next few years" and then after that IT IS OVER!!! of course again, this is just what i was told...

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

IN TERMS OF HAVING PROOF I DO NOT - but i did hear last week from a mom and pop store owner, who supposively heard this from his JB rep, that JB is ending retro releases in "the next few years" and then after that IT IS OVER!!! of course again, this is just what i was told...

No chance.  Jordan Brand makes way too much money of of us to do that anytime soon.

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

No chance.  Jordan Brand makes way too much money of of us to do that anytime soon.

i've said this before as well.  i work at a shoe store and its crazy how many different retros will be on the wall at the same time.  i think it will definitely devalue the brand in the long run, but they dont really have a choice.  they've obviously have run out of ideas for new stuff.    

i've said this before as well.  i work at a shoe store and its crazy how many different retros will be on the wall at the same time.  i think it will definitely devalue the brand in the long run, but they dont really have a choice.  they've obviously have run out of ideas for new stuff.    

It's so funny to hear Gentry always talk about the "Jordan Brand Business Model"
The fact of the matter is that they are falling real fast.
It is very true that in a few years, based on the current trend of retro releases,
that there will be hardly anything left in the tank.
In their perfect world, they would drop maybe 3 or 4 retros a year.
But they've realized that they're nothing without clothing and retros.
I'm just glad that they're getting desperate and turning to the retro for salvation.
That means I can clean up all of my grails, and move on to Nike Basketball lol.

It's so funny to hear Gentry always talk about the "Jordan Brand Business Model"
The fact of the matter is that they are falling real fast.
It is very true that in a few years, based on the current trend of retro releases,
that there will be hardly anything left in the tank.
In their perfect world, they would drop maybe 3 or 4 retros a year.
But they've realized that they're nothing without clothing and retros.
I'm just glad that they're getting desperate and turning to the retro for salvation.
That means I can clean up all of my grails, and move on to Nike Basketball lol.

Lol so true. But i think in true Jordan fashion whats going to happen is after this wave of retros hit, there going back to the "one or two" major retro a year plan. If anything they will just introduce another colorway. Or re-retro past "present" colorway [like the burgundy V's LOL]. If thats not enough they will retain there brand and prestige - they have left - and even mark the prices up, or make them more limited... which intern will make them "more sought after".

Like my dad says "you think luxury goods would still be a luxury if just anyone could get them"

Lol so true. But i think in true Jordan fashion whats going to happen is after this wave of retros hit, there going back to the "one or two" major retro a year plan. If anything they will just introduce another colorway. Or re-retro past "present" colorway [like the burgundy V's LOL]. If thats not enough they will retain there brand and prestige - they have left - and even mark the prices up, or make them more limited... which intern will make them "more sought after".

Like my dad says "you think luxury goods would still be a luxury if just anyone could get them"

OG's don't last for ever they have to be retroed at some point in time and most of the jordans that people really want JB waits 9 to 10 years like the space jam, and even longer with the white infared 6's 19 years

OG's don't last for ever they have to be retroed at some point in time and most of the jordans that people really want JB waits 9 to 10 years like the space jam, and even longer with the white infared 6's 19 years

Originally Posted by AEA18

This is true, but at the rate that they're dropping all of this stuff, are they going to wait another "19 years" and do this again?
They wouldn't survive. And if they do chill out on the retros, what will they sell?
Team jordans are not what they used to be.
I'm curious to see what will happen.

This is true, but at the rate that they're dropping all of this stuff, are they going to wait another "19 years" and do this again?
They wouldn't survive. And if they do chill out on the retros, what will they sell?
Team jordans are not what they used to be.
I'm curious to see what will happen.

JB is having a crazy month, which is highlighting the amount of great shoes they're putting out, but I think they have plenty of prototype colorways that can keep people buying.

JB is having a crazy month, which is highlighting the amount of great shoes they're putting out, but I think they have plenty of prototype colorways that can keep people buying.

I agree, but like dude above me said, what do you do after that? Once they've dropped Concords and Columbias, do they just start over with a black/red XI holiday release? Things would begin to get stale pretty quickly. The White Infrared 6s happened to be one of those major holes that they finally filled (pause), but my point was there just aren't many left. JB has completely saturated the market with Retros, to the point a lot of them end up sitting for awhile.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff we got this year and the lineup for 2011, I just think it will be very interesting to see where things go. What I'd really like to see is a nice run of Retro+s in tasteful, clean colorways we haven't seen before. The Grey/Red 3s being talked about for next year are a good start. Also would be interested in some sort of blue based 4, black/infrared 5s, a cool grey style 6, Black/Spt Blue 6, Grape or even an Olive/Orange Blz 6, cool grey 7, blue based 11s.. The possibilities are endless. it really seems like they've lost some of their creative spark when it comes to new colorways. They had a run of putting out some real decent Retro+s (Thunder/Lightning, Tour Yellow and CG 4s, Olive and Carolina 5s, Nubuck 12s, Altitudes to name a few). Now we get stuff like Citrus 9s, which, and I don't mean any diss to anyone that likes them but, are pretty blah compared to what they could've done. The CG 5s for 2012 looks like a good sign, though.

I agree, but like dude above me said, what do you do after that? Once they've dropped Concords and Columbias, do they just start over with a black/red XI holiday release? Things would begin to get stale pretty quickly. The White Infrared 6s happened to be one of those major holes that they finally filled (pause), but my point was there just aren't many left. JB has completely saturated the market with Retros, to the point a lot of them end up sitting for awhile.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff we got this year and the lineup for 2011, I just think it will be very interesting to see where things go. What I'd really like to see is a nice run of Retro+s in tasteful, clean colorways we haven't seen before. The Grey/Red 3s being talked about for next year are a good start. Also would be interested in some sort of blue based 4, black/infrared 5s, a cool grey style 6, Black/Spt Blue 6, Grape or even an Olive/Orange Blz 6, cool grey 7, blue based 11s.. The possibilities are endless. it really seems like they've lost some of their creative spark when it comes to new colorways. They had a run of putting out some real decent Retro+s (Thunder/Lightning, Tour Yellow and CG 4s, Olive and Carolina 5s, Nubuck 12s, Altitudes to name a few). Now we get stuff like Citrus 9s, which, and I don't mean any diss to anyone that likes them but, are pretty blah compared to what they could've done. The CG 5s for 2012 looks like a good sign, though.

Back
Top Bottom