Anyone else feel this way? JB doing too much too quickly?

Originally Posted by gyeah

I've thought for years once the "current" retro run loses steam, they always have the "Nike Air" up their sleeve. Sure all these classic colorways are dropping but they've been missing one thing on them, a Swoosh. Sure it's not the entire line, but those shoes that originally had Nike Air on the back are BIG shoes and they're pretty classic colorways. Once the market gets really stale, what better way to re-introduce the hype back in it. It's all a cycle.

nerd.gif
never even thought of it like that.....................damn

they still should have stretched the releases out though, too much heat dropped this year alone......if I would have it my way, only 2 signature shoes would drop a year...
ohwell.gif
, building the anticipation for the next release.

these 13's and 7's could have came next year, and the 11's could have dropped in 2012......should of kicked it off with the 2's and dropped the 9's later throughout this year.

Originally Posted by kingjafijoehoe

Face it there stuck in a loop they have to keep spitting out retros with people on these forums, acting like their sitting on santa clauses lap (pause)......JB I want you to retro these...JB please retro these....JB!!......sounds like JB needs to now focus more on sneakers or something other than retros to be their main source of income.....I feel like I'm giving out marketing tips here lol

They're not putting these shoes out for people on forums though.

Originally Posted by kingjafijoehoe

Face it there stuck in a loop they have to keep spitting out retros with people on these forums, acting like their sitting on santa clauses lap (pause)......JB I want you to retro these...JB please retro these....JB!!......sounds like JB needs to now focus more on sneakers or something other than retros to be their main source of income.....I feel like I'm giving out marketing tips here lol

They're not putting these shoes out for people on forums though.

A couple of things I have gathered over the years

The average consumer is brainwashed. Jordan is "Cool" and thats why the majority of the Team Crap in Stores sells. Kids and Teenagers dont care what they look like, they just want them because they see the jumpman on them.

Jmadidas usually comes in these threads and confirms the above. We are .000001 of the market. JB sells the most shoes in the US.

The majority of shoes JB puts out (including retros) are crap, plain and simple. No Leather, No attention to Detail (i.e. un dyed midsoles,pre yellowing etc.), no padding, Cutting Corners, just overall bad quality.

Jordan Brand is a company that has investors and wants to keep growing. The only way to do that is by cutting corners, and cheapening what used to be a great Brand.

The only people JB care about are their investors. Not the consumers who got them there in the first place. Whats the Saying? "Take care of the Customer and the Customer will take care of you." Which is clearly what they dont follow.

Their Motto is " We have a bunch of Sheep, Lets cheapen our shoes, raise the prices, feed their nostalgia, and they will buy no matter what."

This is the reason for the billions of shoes they are putting out in the market every year.

A couple of things I have gathered over the years

The average consumer is brainwashed. Jordan is "Cool" and thats why the majority of the Team Crap in Stores sells. Kids and Teenagers dont care what they look like, they just want them because they see the jumpman on them.

Jmadidas usually comes in these threads and confirms the above. We are .000001 of the market. JB sells the most shoes in the US.

The majority of shoes JB puts out (including retros) are crap, plain and simple. No Leather, No attention to Detail (i.e. un dyed midsoles,pre yellowing etc.), no padding, Cutting Corners, just overall bad quality.

Jordan Brand is a company that has investors and wants to keep growing. The only way to do that is by cutting corners, and cheapening what used to be a great Brand.

The only people JB care about are their investors. Not the consumers who got them there in the first place. Whats the Saying? "Take care of the Customer and the Customer will take care of you." Which is clearly what they dont follow.

Their Motto is " We have a bunch of Sheep, Lets cheapen our shoes, raise the prices, feed their nostalgia, and they will buy no matter what."

This is the reason for the billions of shoes they are putting out in the market every year.

BUMP... with Black/Cement 3's, Black/Red 11's, and Concord 11's all confirmed for 2011, this trend doesn't look like it'll be slowing down any time soon..

BUMP... with Black/Cement 3's, Black/Red 11's, and Concord 11's all confirmed for 2011, this trend doesn't look like it'll be slowing down any time soon..

I would say if the quality of the shoe was the same then I would be fine with the crazy amounts of releases...however, quality has diminished so I think JB is doing too much since quality has been reduced

I would say if the quality of the shoe was the same then I would be fine with the crazy amounts of releases...however, quality has diminished so I think JB is doing too much since quality has been reduced

THING IS WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ALL OF THESE SHOES AND THE WAY THERE RELEASING HASNT BEEN THE ISSUE...PROBLEM IS (AT LEAST FOR ME) IM AT THE AGE WHERE I JUST DONT BUY SHOES EVERY OTHER SECOND ANYMORE. 

THING IS WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ALL OF THESE SHOES AND THE WAY THERE RELEASING HASNT BEEN THE ISSUE...PROBLEM IS (AT LEAST FOR ME) IM AT THE AGE WHERE I JUST DONT BUY SHOES EVERY OTHER SECOND ANYMORE. 

Originally Posted by friscojordan415

blackthumbsup.gif

Originally Posted by friscojordan415

blackthumbsup.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

I aint mad...I still get cop my favorites when they drop. 
pimp.gif

Same...and what is your avitar from? That's the most funny thing I've seen in a while!
laugh.gif

Also my thoughts....

I believe that this rapid-fire re-retroing and retroing will become the norm sadly. Jordans are like cell phones...we think that a lot of people have them, but they are still an emerging market and will continue to spread across new demographics.

Don't you think that JB would produce double the amount of CG XI's for example, if for some reason J's caught on big time in India or Brazil? People are getting new money and as living standards go up, they will have dough to blow, and like Drake, they'll want to blow it right.

Just my thoughts.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

I aint mad...I still get cop my favorites when they drop. 
pimp.gif

Same...and what is your avitar from? That's the most funny thing I've seen in a while!
laugh.gif

Also my thoughts....

I believe that this rapid-fire re-retroing and retroing will become the norm sadly. Jordans are like cell phones...we think that a lot of people have them, but they are still an emerging market and will continue to spread across new demographics.

Don't you think that JB would produce double the amount of CG XI's for example, if for some reason J's caught on big time in India or Brazil? People are getting new money and as living standards go up, they will have dough to blow, and like Drake, they'll want to blow it right.

Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom