Anyone else really enjoy being alone? Vol. Solo Dolo

I don't like being alone, but I do like staying at home.
Whether I have a couple of my close friends over or it's just me and family. I'd rather stay at home then go somewhere.

I love doing the solo dolo.  To quote Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins, " I do not have the luxury of friends" and I really do like it that way.  After working my two jobs, going to the gym at 6 in the morning, going back to hoop right after work, I LOVE to just be alone.  I Love going to shop for groceries early in the morning before the crowds hit, going to NBA games by myself or college games by myself.  I love being the only person in the gym by myself in morning.  Recently, I had a college friend ask if he could stay the weekend and I told him no.  I just do not like being around people like that.  But, they say as you get older you understand things. When I was younger, I would never go to sleepovers or parties or things like that.  Just never been a person who likes to hand with people.

I love doing the solo dolo.  To quote Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins, " I do not have the luxury of friends" and I really do like it that way.  After working my two jobs, going to the gym at 6 in the morning, going back to hoop right after work, I LOVE to just be alone.  I Love going to shop for groceries early in the morning before the crowds hit, going to NBA games by myself or college games by myself.  I love being the only person in the gym by myself in morning.  Recently, I had a college friend ask if he could stay the weekend and I told him no.  I just do not like being around people like that.  But, they say as you get older you understand things. When I was younger, I would never go to sleepovers or parties or things like that.  Just never been a person who likes to hand with people.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I love being the only person in the gym by myself in morning.

this is so awesome to me

its like going to an amusement park before the crowds/lines start

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I love being the only person in the gym by myself in morning.

this is so awesome to me

its like going to an amusement park before the crowds/lines start

^ And you also feel like, "I am in here working my tail off while everyone else is partying."

Makes you feel like you are doing more than you actually are IMO.

^ And you also feel like, "I am in here working my tail off while everyone else is partying."

Makes you feel like you are doing more than you actually are IMO.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Originally Posted by RocSole

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'm very social but i just enjoy being by myself so much more...

same.
That's how I am, too.

I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but I am around people all of the time (during my commute, at work, after work) so I love my alone time.  It's tiring constantly getting stimulated by people during daily interactions. My bf is the same way, oddly enough, and we could sit at home, reading our own books on the couch cuddling, have it be perfectly quiet for hours, and not even be bothered by it. My friends cannot do that. They constantly feel the need to talk to fill the silence and I don't understand why.

Even with something like I shopping, I prefer to be alone. If my bf comes with me to the mall, we usually split up and meet an hour later at the exit. I know what I want when I go shopping, so I'm not like my female friends who go from store to store to store to store, just looking. I can't do that. I go in, get what I need, and go home.

i'm the same at the mall...so many times i've walked into the mall and saw how crowded it was and just turned right around...i know if i bring my friends along that cannot happen

only time i'm really w/anyone is when its time to go out...

folks at work think i'm crazy cuz i was telling them i hate when people ride in my car cuz they always wanna talk and when i'm driving i just want to listen to my music...and that go sit in my car on my break/lunch cuz i don't want anyone to talk to me while i'm not working...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Originally Posted by RocSole

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'm very social but i just enjoy being by myself so much more...

same.
That's how I am, too.

I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but I am around people all of the time (during my commute, at work, after work) so I love my alone time.  It's tiring constantly getting stimulated by people during daily interactions. My bf is the same way, oddly enough, and we could sit at home, reading our own books on the couch cuddling, have it be perfectly quiet for hours, and not even be bothered by it. My friends cannot do that. They constantly feel the need to talk to fill the silence and I don't understand why.

Even with something like I shopping, I prefer to be alone. If my bf comes with me to the mall, we usually split up and meet an hour later at the exit. I know what I want when I go shopping, so I'm not like my female friends who go from store to store to store to store, just looking. I can't do that. I go in, get what I need, and go home.

i'm the same at the mall...so many times i've walked into the mall and saw how crowded it was and just turned right around...i know if i bring my friends along that cannot happen

only time i'm really w/anyone is when its time to go out...

folks at work think i'm crazy cuz i was telling them i hate when people ride in my car cuz they always wanna talk and when i'm driving i just want to listen to my music...and that go sit in my car on my break/lunch cuz i don't want anyone to talk to me while i'm not working...
laugh.gif

Even with something like I shopping, I prefer to be alone. If my bf comes with me to the mall, we usually split up and meet an hour later at the exit

As it should be. No dude wants to sit around his girl while she asks him questions he doesn't know the answer to. (Fashion related). When I am in a store like Wal-Mart that sells clothes, and I am in the company of a female, I don't even go in that section with her.

If I am in a mall, I will find something else to do while you are in Forever 21. I won't set foot in there.

Sorry for the rant.
laugh.gif

Even with something like I shopping, I prefer to be alone. If my bf comes with me to the mall, we usually split up and meet an hour later at the exit

As it should be. No dude wants to sit around his girl while she asks him questions he doesn't know the answer to. (Fashion related). When I am in a store like Wal-Mart that sells clothes, and I am in the company of a female, I don't even go in that section with her.

If I am in a mall, I will find something else to do while you are in Forever 21. I won't set foot in there.

Sorry for the rant.
laugh.gif

i'm not going to say I have control issues, but I like things to run smoothly and when I'm solo I know the chances of that happening are 100% better. At my age I have a lot of goals and it is hard to entertain others @%^$ when you are about your money, school, etc. well at least for me. i'm 60/40, I like to interact with people when it involves a good time but when it comes to task i'd rather do me.

and there is nothing better then being on a ball court by yourself working on your game or driving with no rush to be at any particular place, so relaxing
smokin.gif

i'm not going to say I have control issues, but I like things to run smoothly and when I'm solo I know the chances of that happening are 100% better. At my age I have a lot of goals and it is hard to entertain others @%^$ when you are about your money, school, etc. well at least for me. i'm 60/40, I like to interact with people when it involves a good time but when it comes to task i'd rather do me.

and there is nothing better then being on a ball court by yourself working on your game or driving with no rush to be at any particular place, so relaxing
smokin.gif

I can seriously relate, because some of what you ladies and fellas describe how you feel and what you like doin in your alone hits the nail on the head for how I used to feel.

What's strange to me is the fact that I have been living with my BM for abt 4yrs and have a 2yr old(she's down with the Taliban) who's bad as Faack. I love em to death but I still
Love bein dolo. I looooooove when their out the spot or when I'm out. A more tranquil state of mind takes over when I'm alone. Iont kno, it's like a form of meditation for me... Even now, I been up since 5:47 jus maxin dolo. It's an everyday routine since 04.

For me it's THE ILLEST wakin up b4 they do and loungin

I can seriously relate, because some of what you ladies and fellas describe how you feel and what you like doin in your alone hits the nail on the head for how I used to feel.

What's strange to me is the fact that I have been living with my BM for abt 4yrs and have a 2yr old(she's down with the Taliban) who's bad as Faack. I love em to death but I still
Love bein dolo. I looooooove when their out the spot or when I'm out. A more tranquil state of mind takes over when I'm alone. Iont kno, it's like a form of meditation for me... Even now, I been up since 5:47 jus maxin dolo. It's an everyday routine since 04.

For me it's THE ILLEST wakin up b4 they do and loungin

Lol, I love being alone. I like begin social like on Friday nights, Saturday nights, etc. But like during the workday grind, I like to hit the gym and have nothing else on my mind. I want to come home and not be bothered. Throw on a DVD, eat a good meal, etc.

I like chillin with my girl though, cause she's just like me, so nothing hectic..just laid back.

Lol, I love being alone. I like begin social like on Friday nights, Saturday nights, etc. But like during the workday grind, I like to hit the gym and have nothing else on my mind. I want to come home and not be bothered. Throw on a DVD, eat a good meal, etc.

I like chillin with my girl though, cause she's just like me, so nothing hectic..just laid back.

i like being alone when i dont have any girl issues or breakups.

other then that being alone is hell.

i like being alone when i dont have any girl issues or breakups.

other then that being alone is hell.

I love being alone...
pimp.gif

anyhow I hate suckas who only care about their own feelings talm bout this is how we feel trying to play guilt trip... ok mawer !%@*%+ umm uhhh well well well save your excuses i feel things too but i don't say #@%* about anything nor do i go around like a lil %!$$% annoying people about how i feel...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
that's lame

I love being alone...
pimp.gif

anyhow I hate suckas who only care about their own feelings talm bout this is how we feel trying to play guilt trip... ok mawer !%@*%+ umm uhhh well well well save your excuses i feel things too but i don't say #@%* about anything nor do i go around like a lil %!$$% annoying people about how i feel...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
that's lame

Back
Top Bottom