Anyone else think the RA 13's are ruining JB?

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

I think a lot of people dont even care about the colorway.. they like the shoe just because theyre going to make $$$$$$$ reselling them.. and thats whats KILLING JB
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This!!! And I don't think that its ruining JB its just making it hard for those who live in these small towns who really love sneakers, and might not have the connects or the bread to be able to cop a pair. Its the resellers that are killing the brand

I think a lot of people dont even care about the colorway.. they like the shoe just because theyre going to make $$$$$$$ reselling them.. and thats whats KILLING JB
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This!!! And I don't think that its ruining JB its just making it hard for those who live in these small towns who really love sneakers, and might not have the connects or the bread to be able to cop a pair. Its the resellers that are killing the brand

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Its the resellers that are killing the brand
How though? Reselling (selling shoes on the resale market, NOT just buying to flip, though some may have seen the market rising and the opportunity back then) has been going on since about the late 90s, it's nothing new.
When did the prices on OG 1-VIs start rising? And were White/ Black/ True Reds going for a lot right out of the gate when they dropped back in 95? Same question for OG Concords, Black Red XIs, and Space Jams.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Its the resellers that are killing the brand
How though? Reselling (selling shoes on the resale market, NOT just buying to flip, though some may have seen the market rising and the opportunity back then) has been going on since about the late 90s, it's nothing new.
When did the prices on OG 1-VIs start rising? And were White/ Black/ True Reds going for a lot right out of the gate when they dropped back in 95? Same question for OG Concords, Black Red XIs, and Space Jams.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by toughmoney

If they were a GR they would still sell out in a short period of time......these aren't team jordans we talking about here.lol These are jordan 13s and significance of them is high.

Which puzzles cats on why would why JB limit a sneaker of such significance? A sneakerIs only as dope as da context behind it.

The significance of these are super high, this is from the different angles (some may be reaching):
- AJXIII was the first and only Jordan that Ray Allen ever wore in a movie- "He Got Game"
- He could have chosen ANY other Jordan shoe to wear during that period, because he knew he was going to to pass Reggie Miller's record.  He chose to wear the XIII
- Jordan Brand doesn't really make money off these limited releases, it's more for doing something to commemorate Ray Allen as 3point king than anything else

The reason for this limited run is because they don't everyone having the shoe.  It's to make the shoe special. 

Edit- I was all over these the first moment that news broke out.  I asked myself over and over why I like them and the answer was because of the logo.  But I can't afford to pay hypebeast reseller prices for something like that. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by toughmoney

If they were a GR they would still sell out in a short period of time......these aren't team jordans we talking about here.lol These are jordan 13s and significance of them is high.

Which puzzles cats on why would why JB limit a sneaker of such significance? A sneakerIs only as dope as da context behind it.

The significance of these are super high, this is from the different angles (some may be reaching):
- AJXIII was the first and only Jordan that Ray Allen ever wore in a movie- "He Got Game"
- He could have chosen ANY other Jordan shoe to wear during that period, because he knew he was going to to pass Reggie Miller's record.  He chose to wear the XIII
- Jordan Brand doesn't really make money off these limited releases, it's more for doing something to commemorate Ray Allen as 3point king than anything else

The reason for this limited run is because they don't everyone having the shoe.  It's to make the shoe special. 

Edit- I was all over these the first moment that news broke out.  I asked myself over and over why I like them and the answer was because of the logo.  But I can't afford to pay hypebeast reseller prices for something like that. 

everything is about reselling now not wearing anymore bottom line is there is money to be made now so everybodys coming for them everybody wants a quick dollar demand is at its highest point for them im thinking now haha this release got you tight wait till december aha

everything is about reselling now not wearing anymore bottom line is there is money to be made now so everybodys coming for them everybody wants a quick dollar demand is at its highest point for them im thinking now haha this release got you tight wait till december aha

stop with the lame questions about ruining JB. what if they released high quality retros what would people still complain about instantly? stop re-releasing the same sneakers, oversaturation. what happens when the jordan 3 stealths come out, trying something semi different? people hate on a new colorway because its on an old classic. what happens when a new jordan sneaker releases outside of the signature series? people hate even though it may look half decent compared to some ugly ones in the signature series. at the end of the day some shoes will be limited and some won't. stop crying when the shoes you want are limited, or that you now want them because they are limited.

stop with the lame questions about ruining JB. what if they released high quality retros what would people still complain about instantly? stop re-releasing the same sneakers, oversaturation. what happens when the jordan 3 stealths come out, trying something semi different? people hate on a new colorway because its on an old classic. what happens when a new jordan sneaker releases outside of the signature series? people hate even though it may look half decent compared to some ugly ones in the signature series. at the end of the day some shoes will be limited and some won't. stop crying when the shoes you want are limited, or that you now want them because they are limited.

@cementsoldier... i think the focus of the thread really turned over to hating on resellers.. you should probably read the thread before you comment
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

@cementsoldier... i think the focus of the thread really turned over to hating on resellers.. you should probably read the thread before you comment
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

i think it's jb that's ruining jb. but can u blame them?? they know !*%+ is about to hit the fan so why not get as much $$ as possible beforehand??

i think it's jb that's ruining jb. but can u blame them?? they know !*%+ is about to hit the fan so why not get as much $$ as possible beforehand??

To answer OP's question, Ray's 13's are not ruining JB. There are many factors in the ruination of JB. I think resllers ruin a lot of limited releases, but oh well. I'm kind of salty these were a limited release. I've been DYING for a white/green colorway of 12's and/or 13's. I've been on this since Ray was in Seattle. In my opinion I think Ray's Seattle kicks were some of the hottest PE's ever.

To answer OP's question, Ray's 13's are not ruining JB. There are many factors in the ruination of JB. I think resllers ruin a lot of limited releases, but oh well. I'm kind of salty these were a limited release. I've been DYING for a white/green colorway of 12's and/or 13's. I've been on this since Ray was in Seattle. In my opinion I think Ray's Seattle kicks were some of the hottest PE's ever.

Back
Top Bottom