Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Well, it's over now lol

I just want dude to answer me on how a 4k tv under 55" is useless. Dude said it and dipped when we asked why smh

Well, it's over now lol

I just want dude to answer me on how a 4k tv under 55" is useless. Dude said it and dipped when we asked why smh
I saw that post and ignored it. Viewing distance determines whether 4K at a certain size is worth it. There are 4K displays of all sizes for a reason...

50” and up displays are worth it assuming you are watching from a normal viewing distance.

I saw that post and ignored it. Viewing distance determines whether 4K at a certain size is worth it. There are 4K displays of all sizes for a reason...

50” and up displays are worth it assuming you are watching from a normal viewing distance.
It is from a normal distance -- It's a TV for my bedroom, which isn't the size of a basketball court. I'd say it's an average sized bedroom that fits a good amount of things.

For me, it's a good size. I'd love to go 55", but I ended up having to spend the rest of my money on stuff for my room (I just relocated 2 weeks ago).

EDIT: Just looked up the converter and it says for 50" 7 feet (84) inches is optimal...Which is about the range I'd be using the TV from to begin.

Last edited:
optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png

Here you go yall.

Side note and back on topic.

The two things that keep me away from OLED are: cost for larger sizes ie 75 plus and the burn in that is talked about.

I have a Pioneer 5020 which is on the short list of best picture quality plasmas ever made. Mind you its in my sons room now as I needed a way bigger size for my living room. It is 5 plus years old and has no burn in at all, however I have seen many plasmas TVs over the year with burn in. I dont wanna spend 3k plus on an OLED to have it burn in.

Thats why IMO the best tv on the market now for 75 inch plus is the XBR940E. Its also way cheaper comparative to the same size OLED.

Most folks cant tell an increase in picture quality once you get to a certain point and dare care about things like FALD, DV, HDR, etc. They want a good price and a "pretty picture" but more so a good price.
The bad thing about that is the high end and best quality TVs will keep that high price point until folks stop buying the cheaper low quality TVs.

In 2007 a plain jane 52 lcd was over 3 thousand dollars. now they are 300 or less.

I had a long commute into the office this morning so I need some help understanding that graph up there. They're saying that 480p content is best watched on 55" TV that's 20' (feet) away from you?

I had a long commute into the office this morning so I need some help understanding that graph up there. They're saying that 480p content is best watched on 55" TV that's 20' (feet) away from you?

Basically the lines are where you can barely spot the difference between them according to the graph

grimeyy grimeyy Lol fam, the theory and reality behind that graph are two different things altogether.

That graph belongs in the 'Fools Wildin' thread. :smh:

the colors are good on the chart
the words make it confusing
the chart isnt showing you best viewing, its showing you where our eyes notice a difference

more like areas (find your tv size first)

so for you to appreciate UHD on a 65” tv you need to be between 4 - 8 feet away (blue). more than 8 feet away and you’re in the purple.

The point of the graph is that at certain seating positions the normal persons eye cannot discern a difference from 1080p vs 4k, etc. etc.

so for a 75 inch tv 10 feet is the cut off for a person to easily see the difference between 1080p and 4k.

Back
Top Bottom