Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Yea except 1080p tv's wont have hdr 10 and dolby technology

It's up to you if you want to go without that

Here you go yall.

Side note and back on topic.

The two things that keep me away from OLED are: cost for larger sizes ie 75 plus and the burn in that is talked about.

I have a Pioneer 5020 which is on the short list of best picture quality plasmas ever made. Mind you its in my sons room now as I needed a way bigger size for my living room. It is 5 plus years old and has no burn in at all, however I have seen many plasmas TVs over the year with burn in. I dont wanna spend 3k plus on an OLED to have it burn in.

Thats why IMO the best tv on the market now for 75 inch plus is the XBR940E. Its also way cheaper comparative to the same size OLED.

Most folks cant tell an increase in picture quality once you get to a certain point and dare care about things like FALD, DV, HDR, etc. They want a good price and a "pretty picture" but more so a good price.
The bad thing about that is the high end and best quality TVs will keep that high price point until folks stop buying the cheaper low quality TVs.

In 2007 a plain jane 52 lcd was over 3 thousand dollars. now they are 300 or less.

I'd say go with the A1 .. OLED with Sony's processing is as smooth as silk .. Will cost around the same price range...

oled burn i
is very rare

is that stuff really needed? like can you guys even notice the difference?

Yea you can especially when the content is in native 4k. Having watched the regular bluray and ultra HD versions of the same movie on my TCL P Series, it's apparent. But if you don't get a 4k with HDR built then it's probably not going to seem different. Can notice it in gaming as well.

I'll say this.

For me it's hard to tell the difference visually between HDR 10 and Dolby Vision.

But the difference between non active HDR content and HDR 10/Dolby Vision is so strong to me. It just jumps to you. Like the difference between standard and high definition viewing. You just can't not see the difference. You guys will know what I mean when you watch hdr content on an hdr tv.

I'll always know when something is not in hdr.

Now if you're talking about non hdr content, I can see what you guys mean about it being hard to tell between 1080p and 4k at a certain distance.

HDR spoils you. Watching at the movie theaters haven't been the same because there's no hdr. But hdr capable cinemas are coming soon.

Last edited:
I have the oppo 203 to play blu rays

It's strictly a physical player. No streams so I barely use it unless a blu ray comes out that I want to buy lol

Just streamed Ghost in the Shell in 4k using VUDU on the LG B7A... The details, color, and quality on this thing are insane. Just need to get curtains to block the reflection from the windows.

And VUDU worked perfect. Movie loaded in a few seconds with no buffering. I have my TV connected via Ethernet cable to my router (Fios Gigabit internet) so that helps. Decent 4K movie collection but not enough to rely on it solely for 4K content. I may end up getting a Blu-ray player and buying stuff on sale.

Any recommendations for a universal remote?

Just streamed Ghost in the Shell in 4k using VUDU on the LG B7A... The details, color, and quality on this thing are insane. Just need to get curtains to block the reflection from the windows.

And VUDU worked perfect. Movie loaded in a few seconds with no buffering. I have my TV connected via Ethernet cable to my router (Fios Gigabit internet) so that helps. Decent 4K movie collection but not enough to rely on it solely for 4K content. I may end up getting a Blu-ray player and buying stuff on sale.

Any recommendations for a universal remote?
How was GITS?

Back
Top Bottom