Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Tbh though oled isn't a very bright tv so a back-light would hurt your viewing experience, imo

If you had a brighter TV then yea go for it
it's pretty bright I have to squint at some scenes .. it's forsure brighter than the 900e .. I compare the brightness to the 930e

You must've turned brightness all the way up on your tv or using a different preset lol

I use technicolor preset and leave that alone

You must've turned brightness all the way up on your tv or using a different preset lol

I use technicolor preset and leave that alone

no I don't like over saturated colors.. I use either ISF bright or ISF dark... when I have Samsung heads over I go to vivid or standard to cater to their eyes.. I havent tried Technicolor yet but I do hear good things about it..

Someone in my building is selling a Vizio 55" 4K for $300. Not that I need it but they say it's working fine. Wonder why such a low price.

Someone in my building is selling a Vizio 55" 4K for $300. Not that I need it but they say it's working fine. Wonder why such a low price.
Depending on the model & series of the vizio makes a big difference in the price.

With how much I rely on streaming everything for one, and it's not like if I had cable that it would be shown in 4K anyway, it's just a bit unsettling how some things can be okay while most looks like some 480p crap. It's all a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed to be great though it's "4K UHD" or even "HDR". This is pushing me towards a UHD player. All I keep telling myself is this was once a $2400 tv. That has to count for something. My expectations were way too high for this.

I'm never relying on smart TV functions anymore. Dedicated devices are so much better and easier to keep up to date, even with the best smart tv functions

With how much I rely on streaming everything for one, and it's not like if I had cable that it would be shown in 4K anyway, it's just a bit unsettling how some things can be okay while most looks like some 480p crap. It's all a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed to be great though it's "4K UHD" or even "HDR". This is pushing me towards a UHD player. All I keep telling myself is this was once a $2400 tv. That has to count for something. My expectations were way too high for this.
Wait. What tv do you have again?

Providing that your internet connection is great, uhd streaming is actually pretty good, in my experience. The limitation is actually with audio, not picture.. But that'll hardly matter if you're using the tv's speakers because all TV speakers are crap anyway

I'd say worry about a physical player after upgrading your audio equipment

What is your tv source then? Or what do you stream?
That tv is a great tv. Hell even 1080i cable looks great most of the time depending on the channel.
Grab a kodi box. I streamed avatar in 4k and to say I was amazed is a vast understatement.

PS Vue for tv and a lot of Netflix because me and my girlfriend are rewatching stuff like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and a few other shows. Instead of the kodi box, I said to myself I need a thumb drive so I can add terrarium to the tv.

I can’t look at my Panasonic UT50 the same after getting the B7A. Its good enough for the bedroom but the blacks now look kinda grey when up close.

I initially got this but it doesn't even have wireless internet so if you're bluray has some online features, there's no way to access them

xbox one was $180 on BF (and I think Target gave $25 gift card with it too) so I returned the LG player and got the xbox instead

you get a bluray player and so much more with the xbox

Back
Top Bottom