Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

i think SUHD is HDR where the other is not and SUHD is a Samsung thing

i think SUHD is HDR where the other is not and SUHD is a Samsung thing

My TV is "HDR 1000" with "Supreme" UHD. Not really sure what all that means but I know the 8000 series Samsungs aren't "Supreme". Thought SUHD, as in Super UHD, was just another way to say 4k.

Last edited:
naw i think when tv companies use the word super they are describing HDR. I have a 4k HDR tv as well.

UHD = Ultra HD which pretty much means 4k.

They've onyl recently started using the word "super".

I ended up going with the UN55KS9000FXZA from Samsung. Love it so far.
great tv, almost went with it but all the hardcore tv heads told me to get the sony for motion

the contrast on the 9k series is absurd tho for LED. to me it looks the best besides the oled but again i got the sony for motion (live sports and video games) it looks almost as vivid but more realistic in a way

after getting the settings dialed in the 4k stuff on Netflix is jawdropping

Walked through a Best Buy Magnolia section recently and realized I need an upgrade soon. Samsung SUHD and LG OLED looked crazy. Didn't get a chance to see the Sornys.

If you can spend 5k on an OLED - spend the extra money and get a Z9.

Joint is absolutely gorgeous.

what's the smallest size you can get for the oled for it to matter/make a difference?

like for 4k, I am not convinced anything smaller than a 50" will make that big of a difference

I have a Samsung 4K 65" unit, love watching sports on it. I would still say there is a lack of 4K content out there, most sporting events are broadcast in 1080p still

I have a Samsung 4K 65" unit, love watching sports on it. I would still say there is a lack of 4K content out there, most sporting events are broadcast in 1080p still
actually live tv sports are about 90% of the 4k content. You need direct tv or dish. The cable companies are slacking.

However, Amazon Prime Netflix YouTube and others are already streaming in 4k. Plus with the Xbox s now you have a 4k player.

In regards to Oled 55 INCH IT'S THE SMALLEST I believe

I have an oled lg 4k tv.

Its awesome, i didnt know much about tv's honestly. But the guys at bestbuy helped me out nd i think i made the right choice.

Im excited to see how the playstation pro will look on this tv. Its 55" btw .. Thats what she said lol sorry [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Much luv, stay freshhhh !! #koudieluvvvv :nthat: :nthat:

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I ended up going with the UN55KS9000FXZA from Samsung. Love it so far.
great tv, almost went with it but all the hardcore tv heads told me to get the sony for motion

the contrast on the 9k series is absurd tho for LED. to me it looks the best besides the oled but again i got the sony for motion (live sports and video games) it looks almost as vivid but more realistic in a way

after getting the settings dialed in the 4k stuff on Netflix is jawdropping

I thought hard between the Samsung I bought and the Sony 930 you bought. Interestingly enough I ended up going with the Samsung for the same reasons you stated (live sports and video games). You are probably more knowledgeable than me, maybe the Sony is better for these things. I like the "gaming" and "sports" viewing modes the Samsung has and I also read the Smart TV interface was easier to use.

I really wanted the Sony at one point because I heard the blacks are a lot better.

Really, I don't know that much about TVs :lol: I know these two models we have are very similar in terms of specs. I messed around with some of the settings according to some online articles and youtube but I think it'd be cool to get a professional to come over and calibrate the TV.

I thought hard between the Samsung I bought and the Sony 930 you bought. Interestingly enough I ended up going with the Samsung for the same reasons you stated (live sports and video games). You are probably more knowledgeable than me, maybe the Sony is better for these things. I like the "gaming" and "sports" viewing modes the Samsung has and I also read the Smart TV interface was easier to use.

I really wanted the Sony at one point because I heard the blacks are a lot better.

Really, I don't know that much about TVs
laugh.gif
I know these two models we have are very similar in terms of specs. I messed around with some of the settings according to some online articles and youtube but I think it'd be cool to get a professional to come over and calibrate the TV.
cant go wrong either way from what ive read, the Samsung seems to get the better overall score in most reviews but apparently Sony handles motion the best and has lower input lag. i like the android tv interface it has and I have other Samsung tvs and always wanted a Bravia since like 10 years ago

on av forums you should be able to get the settings thatll look best and tweak from there for your specific set

Anyone have the 4K box from DirecTV? I have a 4K TV but the regular HD box. Is there much content? I saw that they were going to show some Notre Dame football games in 4K.

Really, I don't know that much about TVs :lol: I know these two models we have are very similar in terms of specs. I messed around with some of the settings according to some online articles and youtube but I think it'd be cool to get a professional to come over and calibrate the TV.
cant go wrong either way from what ive read, the Samsung seems to get the better overall score in most reviews but apparently Sony handles motion the best and has lower input lag. i like the android tv interface it has and I have other Samsung tvs and always wanted a Bravia since like 10 years ago

on av forums you should be able to get the settings thatll look best and tweak from there for your specific set

Thanks I'll check the AV forums out. I think the settings I have changed for Movie Mode are pretty solid right now.

Have you watched anything in 4K yet? I haven't but would be curious to know what's available and how to view. I have Xfinity/Comcast, Netflix, and will be getting the PS4 Pro when it drops.

watch these youtube vids in 4k to truly appreciate the quality of 4k

And I think most of Netflix produced shows/movies are all available in 4k too.

watch these youtube vids in 4k to truly appreciate the quality of 4k

And I think most of Netflix produced shows/movies are all available in 4k too.

Yea but they are so compressed that it's nowhere near it. Most people don't have fast enough internet to stream true 4K. Even when we had 1080p streaming it's was at best 80% of what a blu-ray would do.

How does the Bang & Olufsen TVs compare to these Sammy SUHD or LG OLED screens.

Is it overpriced?

the input lag is way better in the Sonys and are better for gaming.

By the way ...

The S in UHD for samsung indicate a few things and none has to do with HDR.

3 times brighter

20% range of color 

gets darker as well

again I don't think personally I would spend the extra 1k to go from a KS8000 to KS9000 ... However, I believe now with the purchase of the KS9000 you get a free 4k player in Bestbuy and the tv is in special for 2.5k ...

Back
Top Bottom