Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

By the way ...

The S in UHD for samsung indicate a few things and none has to do with HDR.

3 times brighter
20% range of color 
gets darker as well

again I don't think personally I would spend the extra 1k to go from a KS8000 to KS9000 ... However, I believe now with the purchase of the KS9000 you get a free 4k player in Bestbuy and the tv is in special for 2.5k ...

What?! I may need to bring them my receipt for that 4K player...

This **** thin as hell though. I'm about to try those vids RFX posted lol
View media item 2180345

LGs been using the "super" moniker as well lately so i thought it was some new advancement :lol:

View media item 2178864
SUHD is a new advancement. It's the addition of the new Quantum Dot technology which allows individual LEDs to light and almost turn completely off which gives a much better picture than the 1st gen 4K televisions. It's basically an alternative to OLED tech, but the SUHD tv's are brighter and don't have burn-ins like OLED tvs. Samsung and LG both use the SUHD quantum dot tech in thier "super" 4K lines.

The picture of 4K OLED is stunning, but they have the same burn in issue that plasmas have. This is why I opted for SUHD 4K.

If you do purchase a 4K tv, made sure you at least have HDR10 (high dynanic range) feature or dolby vision. You will regret not having them once more studios start utilizing it.

SUHD is a new advancement. It's the addition of the new Quantum Dot technology which allows individual LEDs to light and almost turn completely off which gives a much better picture than the 1st gen 4K televisions. It's basically an alternative to OLED tech, but the SUHD tv's are brighter and don't have burn-ins like OLED tvs. Samsung and LG both use the SUHD quantum dot tech in thier "super" 4K lines.

The picture of 4K OLED is stunning, but they have the same burn in issue that plasmas have. This is why I opted for SUHD 4K.

If you do purchase a 4K tv, made sure you at least have HDR10 (high dynanic range) feature or dolby vision. You will regret not having them once more studios start utilizing it.
I don't believe the Samsungs has individual LED that light up ... They have smaller zones but your statement about individual LED on the SUHD is incorrect I think. The SUHD basically means better brightness (better NITS), the contrast is superior and it gives you better color accuracy. In the other hand the Z9 is in another level they do have individual LEDs that light up .. Is so nice that many have said they can't even compare them to an OLED because is nothing like it and it's better.

OLEDs are very nice but just can't get bright enough in comparison to a KS8000 or above or a 930D and above. Although an OLED in my opinion is better than a 930D ...

Right now the market is being flooded by 4k TVs .. Be educated and understand some gimmicks you see out there ... There steamy TV saying HDR on the box that only recognize HeR but can't process it.

If you want a TV for gaming you might want to go with a higher model Samsung .. They have the lowest input lag ... The sony just did a firmware that improved theirs but not as good as the Sammy and the LG OLED ...well they burn in ...

Black Friday deals are good but on the lower end tvs ... Well they aren't...

Last edited:
Anyone has a "cheaper" brand 4K tv. If so, are they any good? Was thinking about picking up one.
If you want something cheap that gives you all the bells and whistles - try the Hisense brand. Its a crap shoot but it has everything. If not, go for the KS8000 - the deal on it this week has been insane - 1500 for a 65".

I believe the ks9000 and the Sony 930D also drop which are phenomenal deals. 

If not go by yourself a blackfriday TV with 4k and call it a day. I think they had a 50 4k Sammy for like 379. is one of the off brand 6290 (anything that is off is a chepo version).

If you want something cheap that gives you all the bells and whistles - try the Hisense brand. Its a crap shoot but it has everything. If not, go for the KS8000 - the deal on it this week has been insane - 1500 for a 65".

If not go by yourself a blackfriday TV with 4k and call it a day. I think they had a 50 4k Sammy for like 379. is one of the off brand 6290 (anything that is off is a chepo version).
Thanks, I appreciate it!!!

Anyone has a "cheaper" brand 4K tv. If so, are they any good? Was thinking about picking up one.

Think I'm gonna grab the KS8000 after reading rtings.com. $1399 and no tax at the military exchange. Will be a good stop gap TV till the OLED prices drop. Last time I bought a tv was a Pioneer Elite/Kuro 
laugh.gif
. Think it's been close to a damn decade  ...

Think I'm gonna grab the KS8000 after reading rtings.com. $1399 and no tax at the military exchange. Will be a good stop gap TV till the OLED prices drop. Last time I bought a tv was a Pioneer Elite/Kuro :lol: . Think it's been close to a damn decade  ...
KS8000 is a great TV especially for the price. I'm getting a Z9 soon, the technology crazy. Blk levels OLED like but gets way brighter and color accuracy top notch.

Sony z9 is the best 4k tv out. Hdmi 2.0, hdr10, oled level blacks, crazy brightness. Processor is beyond strong enough to handle 4k content. There's a comparison of the z9 vs the oled lg on YouTube, and the z9 ***** on the oled.

KS8000 is a great TV especially for the price. I'm getting a Z9 soon, the technology crazy. Blk levels OLED like but gets way brighter and color accuracy top notch.

Jelly.

Saw it in store and my jaw dropped.

I bought the Sony XD80 or X800D.
Compared to the Z9, it looked like a monitor but having it now it's a jump from 1080.

Really impressed with it after playing FFXV on the PS4 Pro and downloading some of the 4K HDR demo videos off this website.
http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=10bits

Think I'm gonna grab the KS8000 after reading rtings.com. $1399 and no tax at the military exchange. Will be a good stop gap TV till the OLED prices drop. Last time I bought a tv was a Pioneer Elite/Kuro 
laugh.gif
. Think it's been close to a damn decade  ...
If I watched more TV, I'd be more willing to drop more money, but I don't even have cable haha
Sony z9 is the best 4k tv out. Hdmi 2.0, hdr10, oled level blacks, crazy brightness. Processor is beyond strong enough to handle 4k content. There's a comparison of the z9 vs the oled lg on YouTube, and the z9 ***** on the oled.
I don't doubt it, but as I mentioned above, I don't watch much TV. $1400 is a decent price. If money was no object, I'd have a 100" Z9 in my living room right now lol. When I was younger, I needed the best out there. Now, I want essentially the best for my money, for the price I want to spend. 
laugh.gif

I understand where you coming from, like I said I truly believe that the ks8000 is the best bang for the buck this holidays.

I understand where you coming from, like I said I truly believe that the ks8000 is the best bang for the buck this holidays.
Yeah. I watched some YouTube vids and read rtings.com. Seemed the panel image quality was negligible from the 8000 to 9000 models. Pretty much said the only differences were whether the panel was curved, the paneling in the back, and the stand. 

Any suggestions on sound bars? Never really been impressed with Bose, but the SoundTouch 300 seems to be pretty decent, albeit expensive.

Last edited:
Incorrect. He said bang for your buckThe 9000 is significantly better and hence significantly more expensiveFreind of mine has a 65inch 9000 in his man cave. Its phenomenal.

Incorrect. He said bang for your buck The 9000 is significantly better and hence significantly more expensive Freind of mine has a 65inch 9000 in his man cave. Its phenomenal
I think I'll stick with rtings.com input. Additionally I've seen them side by side in a few stores, too. Significant increased cost doesn't equate to "significantly" better picture. Thanks though ...

Feel free to fast forward to 4:10. You'll see the 8000s and 9000s there and their opinion.

Last edited:
I've had mine for a year. 55 in 7 series Samsung . Caught it a few days after Christmas last year for cheap. People come over and always ask " what type of tv is that"? Lol

Grabbed a 60" KS8000 tonight direct from Sammy for $890 shipped. 
pimp.gif
  That EPP discount is lovely, thanks to slickdeals.  I was literally about to walk out the door and head to Costco to pay $1179 plus tax for the same TV, but I decided to check out SD just in case.  

Wanted the 65" joint, but it wouldn't have allowed other electronics to be placed on the mantle.  

Last edited:

Grabbed a 60" KS8000 tonight direct from Sammy for $890 shipped. 
pimp.gif
  That EPP discount is lovely, thanks to slickdeals.  I was literally about to walk out the door and head to Costco to pay $1179 plus tax for the same TV, but I decided to check out SD just in case.  

Wanted the 65" joint, but it wouldn't have allowed other electronics to be placed on the mantle.  
lol. I always check SD first and also use ebates as well. Close to $1500 back since I started using it about 2.5 years ago. So much win using the Internet these days.
glasses.gif
 Especially when you're literally clicking on stuff and getting "free money" so to speak, since you intended on spending it anyway. Only bad when you start spending when you're suckered in to it 
ohwell.gif

I think I'll stick with rtings.com input. Additionally I've seen them side by side in a few stores, too. Significant increased cost doesn't equate to "significantly" better picture. Thanks though ...

Feel free to fast forward to 4:10. You'll see the 8000s and 9000s there and their opinion.

highly subjective scoring system and hes testing old tvs the 940d and 9800 are miles better than last years model 
grin.gif

i could see how to the untrained eye they are close enough but again the 9k series is indeed significantly better for those of us who care

im sure the z9 is priced the way it because it is not significantly better than my 940d also... 

its 2016 breh the only two reasons things are more expensive than another in the electronic world is "newness" or quality I guess you could throw brand cache in there because people buy things like beats and iphones and bose speakers but you get the idea... you get what you pay for generally speaking

good day sir

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue about tv's. The 9000/9500 are better than the 8000/8500 but not 1k dollars better IMHO.

The 940D is a great tv but the Z9 is visually and overall better than the 940D.

Put them side by side and right of the bat you see how much more color accurate is the z9 over the 940D ... The contrast and zoning are ways ahead as well. Plus the pure size of the full array of the 940D vs the Z9 is a turn off for me ...

So I'm not sure if you was being sarcastic with the z9 is priced the way it is because it's not that much better but it is .....

PS the only reason I would purchase a 940D of I was to look at TV's in a sunny room but if not and I had to choose something else over a z9 I would go OLED all day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom