Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Open box maybe? Either way that’s a damn good deal for the CX. I have no complaints with my 65” ... other than it not being a 77” :lol: . I hate watching my B7 now after watching the CX. It does a much better job with upscaling TV content. And integrated Airplay is clutch.

Purchased the lg nano85 at best buy and noticed that there were these white patches on the corners of the screen. Returned it to today but since it cost $800, they have to refund me my money back in a check in 3-5 business days.

I'm thinking this might be a good thing since next week is Superbowl week and there may be some deals.

looking for a good 65" thats ps5-ready too

if the 65" up there were the same deal percentage-wise as the 77", it would have been instant

just bought a house. going to try and set up one of those 120" short throw laser projectors. hopefully it looks alright in low light otherwise i'll just suck it up and get an 85" tv instead.

anyone have any recommendations for projectors? looking at either the vava or the optoma right now.

25% off Vizio OLEDs at Best Buy

just bought a house. going to try and set up one of those 120" short throw laser projectors. hopefully it looks alright in low light otherwise i'll just suck it up and get an 85" tv instead.

anyone have any recommendations for projectors? looking at either the vava or the optoma right now.

I had a BenQ 2050 and I thought the picture was pretty nice, for it only being 720p (or maybe it was 1080p, but def not 4k). My screen size was around 110", in our basement living room area just straight against the wall. I was going to hang a screen which can really improve the picture quality and black levels, but then our basement flooded a couple years back and we had to gut it and I never reinstalled.

Now I STILL have this old *** Sony Bravia 49" that just will not die. It's literally from Black Friday 2009 and came with a PS3 at the time from BB. I've been debating recently whether to get another projector or to just go with a 77"+ TV.

I recently got a condo and was gifted a Vizio 65", worst TV ever but I can't complain because it was free
Yeah they are pretty bad and that's just from looking at them in the store
Looking at a Vizio next to an LG or Samsung really allows you to see that the Vizio has a pretty bad picture

I recently got a condo and was gifted a Vizio 65", worst TV ever but I can't complain because it was free

*UPDATE*

Bought this a few weeks ago. Incredibly happy with this TV so far.

08e5162706a8267389130f1623879a36cf89ab5a.jpg

Yeah they are pretty bad and that's just from looking at them in the store
Looking at a Vizio next to an LG or Samsung really allows you to see that the Vizio has a pretty bad picture

Not to mention the subpar user interface. At one point, the volume went up to 100 and down to 1 w/o me touching the remote. Again, I can't complain too much because it was free and served it's purpose when I got my new place but I needed a TV asaply lol

Not to mention the subpar user interface. At one point, the volume went up to 100 and down to 1 w/o me touching the remote. Again, I can't complain too much because it was free and served it's purpose when I got my new place but I needed a TV asaply lol

I might've mentioned this already, but getting a new Chromecast TV 4K helped make my Vizio a brand new TV. Instead of the clunky Vizio interface and ****ty remote, and slow transitions between channels / apps / etc, and the weird quirks in their programming that would screw with the volume and picture - now everything runs through the Chromecast and its much improved.

I'm thinking I'm going with the TCL 6-series again. But I'm also eyeing the LG Nanocell based off price, but I've heard that the picture quality isn't that great.

Same. Redoing the basement and finally convinced the wife to go with a ultra short throw and an 100 inch screen.

Looked into the Vava as well but that isn't necessarily a name brand so the support may or may not be there if something goes wrong. It is also on the lower end of the lumens spectrum so unless you can control the lighting that also could be a factor. After watching a demo at a local spot we are probably gonna go with the Samsung LSP9T. Bonus that it is a smart device so no need to go third party for apps or having my Apple TV hooked up.

puglife puglife langfor5 langfor5 Please post your setups once finished. Very interested in a UST projector for the basement later down the line. Vava and Optoma seem to be the primary players in the budget UST market. Xiaomi is mentioned too. This guy compared the Vava to LG with split screen comparison towards the end. You can clearly see the difference in quality but sounds like you could definitely get by with the Vava.

I'm thinking I'm going with the TCL 6-series again. But I'm also eyeing the LG Nanocell based off price, but I've heard that the picture quality isn't that great.

The LG N85? I had it and reyurned it the following day. Really good picture but you get they white patches of light around the edges of the tv. Gets really noticable in a dark room.

The LG N85? I had it and reyurned it the following day. Really good picture but you get they white patches of light around the edges of the tv. Gets really noticable in a dark room.
Thanks for that feedback. I think I will stick with the TCL.

Back
Top Bottom