Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

For my oled heads, what yall think of the G1 if you're coming from an E7

Worth it? Or not much of a picture upgrade? Just curious.

Wait a few more generations? I'm patient.

Last edited:

I'd say wait it out. I wouldn't upgrade til something substantially different comes out. at the end of the day, it's still oled with a few modifications.

I went from a B7 to a CX and the upgrade in picture quality (color accuracy and contrast) is very noticeable. Early reviews are very positive about the evo panel in the G1. Significantly better in terms of brightness, upscaling, and contrast compared to last year.

Brightness is the main knock on OLEDs and the evo panel gets almost twice as bright as previous models. This sounds like a major step forward instead of an incremental upgrade.

None whatsoever.

Maybe wished I should've gone 65 inch.

I got a 65 inch TCL for the low from Target. No complaints either. Happy I didn’t drop 1k+ on a tv be like I planned to do because I realized I couldn’t game on a tv this size. Ended up getting the 65 inch TCL for the living room, 40 inch Vizio for the bedroom and 32 inch gaming monitor for like 1k total.

I got a 65 inch TCL for the low from Target. No complaints either. Happy I didn’t drop 1k+ on a tv be like I planned to do because I realized I couldn’t game on a tv this size. Ended up getting the 65 inch TCL for the living room, 40 inch Vizio for the bedroom and 32 inch gaming monitor for like 1k total.
Couldn't game? Because of the screen size?

The picture will still look good. IMO, if you're gaming, there is a gaming mode you can turn on and adjust the settings to help with response time. You'll still have a good picture.
Yeah, it's going to be used mostly for gaming. Preparing for whenever Series X/PS5s become more readily available.

Yeah, it's going to be used mostly for gaming. Preparing for whenever Series X/PS5s become more readily available.
The series 6 would be a better option for gaming. But if Series 5 is in your budget, then it would be good too. I played on the Series 5 and was happy with the picture and response time when gaming.

I was contemplating getting the TCL 6 Series first but I just went with SONY since their tvs have never failed me.

Also, I just couldn't trust TCL tvs.

Maybe down the line I could see myself getting one of their tvs.

I don't trust Vizio. Twice their tvs failed me.

My 3 year old TCL still works good. However, there is white bar/light that goes up from the bottom to the top of the screen that started recently. It's pretty annoying watching darker content. It was a $400 tv, so my expectations were met. I would personally stick with LG, Sony, or Samsung. Spend a little more if you can for something with a fast processor. Typing/searching on a slow TV sucks.

Got OLED next time around.

not sure when they are going to release the new micro-led tech tvs. but if rumors hold true this year and depending on how much of a price drop the oled tvs go, hopefully $700, then that would be the time I would considering venturing to oled. mature technology and cheaper and better implemented processing.

I went from a B7 to a CX and the upgrade in picture quality (color accuracy and contrast) is very noticeable. Early reviews are very positive about the evo panel in the G1. Significantly better in terms of brightness, upscaling, and contrast compared to last year.

Brightness is the main knock on OLEDs and the evo panel gets almost twice as bright as previous models. This sounds like a major step forward instead of an incremental upgrade.
Twice as bright

:wow:

Pissed I didn’t cop a 70 QLED from sams when it was on sale for $999. They jacked that bad boy back up to $1297 now, stimmy season smh

I got a 55 inch in my bedroom to play my ps5 and also to watch movies... was thinking maybe I shoulda got a 65... but with your comment about can't game on a 65 I don't feel as bad for passing lol

big screen for gaming imo would be quite an adjustment considering most of us have gamed up close; you need to be further back inorder to fully enjoy or immerse yourself. for me, a maximum of 48 inch is more than enough, (ideally 40 inch would be the sweet spot if tv manufacturers are still going to make them in the future). not much into wider and bigger screen but details and sharp resolution.

Back
Top Bottom