Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

puglife puglife langfor5 langfor5 Please post your setups once finished. Very interested in a UST projector for the basement later down the line. Vava and Optoma seem to be the primary players in the budget UST market. Xiaomi is mentioned too. This guy compared the Vava to LG with split screen comparison towards the end. You can clearly see the difference in quality but sounds like you could definitely get by with the Vava.

I wish I could demo a Vava in person to see how it performs. The price point in which it is offered is intriguing.
The biggest deal breaker for me with the Vava is that while it is technically a smart device it is running on a very outdated Android TV (maybe 2.1) so I would either have to use my Apple TV or buy a Roku Stick. Either one of those options adds another remote because as of at least right now Vava is not a code found on a Logitech remote. For my set up I'm trying to remove as many inputs as possible and my wife hates having multiple remotes to making things work.

Have the TCL 6 2019 model for 8 months now and I like it.
I had that model before I sold it when I moved.

Looking at the 2020 model right now and reviews are pretty good. I was really happy with how the PS4 Pro played on the Series 5, I could only believe the PS5 will look just as nice on the 2020 model.

I had that model before I sold it when I moved.

Looking at the 2020 model right now and reviews are pretty good. I was really happy with how the PS4 Pro played on the Series 5, I could only believe the PS5 will look just as nice on the 2020 model.

I was thinking about getting the 6 Series for my ps5 but I'm just going to go with the x900h.

I was thinking about getting the 6 Series for my ps5 but I'm just going to go with the x900h.
My brother has the 65" and I like it. Still on my list, but depending on the budget, TCL probably will have to do for now and I'm okay with that.

I'm the only TV snob in the house. My wife could care less. Smh.

puglife puglife langfor5 langfor5 Please post your setups once finished. Very interested in a UST projector for the basement later down the line. Vava and Optoma seem to be the primary players in the budget UST market. Xiaomi is mentioned too. This guy compared the Vava to LG with split screen comparison towards the end. You can clearly see the difference in quality but sounds like you could definitely get by with the Vava.

i was going to get the vava, but the LG looks so much better. might as well splurge a little bit at least if i'm going to do it.

i was going to get the vava, but the LG looks so much better. might as well splurge a little bit at least if i'm going to do it.
I’d definitely lean towards LG just off name brand alone. But I’m assuming this would be many people’s first time with a projector. I believe in you can’t miss what you never had. The Vava will get the job done (according to reviewers). You’ll get a massive picture and with a few tweaks you can increase the quality. Plus the money saved could be put towards a better screen, seating, sound system, etc.

We need to wait a couple years for the house to settle before finishing the basement. I’m hopeful we’ll have a couple name brand offerings under 2k by then.

Anyone here have any recs on soundbars with Dolby Atmos? I saw that Vizio has 5.1.2 setup for $299, but since I'm moving into an apartment...Idk if I really need a sub. Also concerned my neighbors would hate it lol.

Also considering the TCL Alto 9 or 8i.

Anyone here have any recs on soundbars with Dolby Atmos? I saw that Vizio has 5.1.2 setup for $299, but since I'm moving into an apartment...Idk if I really need a sub. Also concerned my neighbors would hate it lol.

Also considering the TCL Alto 9 or 8i.
My eyes have been set on the sonos arc for awhile now. I know it would cost a lot, but that's the point of needing a soundbar, better sound. I suggest listening for a demo unit first before you make some conclusion on whats the fuzz about it.

Apparently the prices of the 2021 LG OLEDs have leaked. Launch prices are definitely cheaper than previous years if true. Screen grab from the video:
DE10EB0D-1148-412D-B3FF-F96E912483E6.jpeg

Eyeing that 65” G1 under 3k. Could swing for the 77” if it fits on the mantel and the price drops to mid-3ks on sale.

Apparently the prices of the 2021 LG OLEDs have leaked. Launch prices are definitely cheaper than previous years if true. Screen grab from the video:
DE10EB0D-1148-412D-B3FF-F96E912483E6.jpeg

Eyeing that 65” G1 under 3k. Could swing for the 77” if it fits on the mantel and the price drops to mid-3ks on sale.

Does the A1 have VRR? I need that 77 to go under 3k.

Gonna be in the market for a entry level 4K set with HDR in a few months. Not looking to spend over $400 hopefully.

Does the A1 have VRR? I need that 77 to go under 3k.
No VRR on the A1. Also keep in mind the A series is only 60 Hz. I was thinking about a 48” A1 for the office and a guest room but I’ll probably just go with 120 Hz LEDs at half the price. Don’t need the greatest picture in those rooms.

There wasn’t much - if any - separation picture quality wise between the C and G series in previous runs. All the outlets recommended the Cs as the best value based on performance. Based on initial reviews the new evo panels and improved processors on the G series may just justify the higher price. Waiting for the RTINGs review but its looking like LG will make you think twice when deciding between the two.

If the 83” C1 drops to 5k then I’d probably lean towards it versus an UST projector in the basement.

TCL is a good brand? Never heard much from them.
IMO, best budget brand TV you can get. 6 series is a great price right now. Had a 2019 TCL 5 series and I loved it.

Contemplating now if I should go for a 65" Series 6 or a 55" x900h.

Back
Top Bottom