Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Not mad with my 800E purchase so far.

Who has familiarity with this model and hooking up an older video game console? I have my N64 but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Reps and forever appreciation will be had if someone can help! I can take pics of the back of the t.v later tonight if that will help.

say bruh

your N64 A/V cable should have 3 colors, yellow, white, and red.

the rear panel of your tv should have a (red, green, blue) for video then a (red, white) for audio

connect your N64 red and white to the furthest red and white on the left

connect your N64 yellow to the GREEN from the (red, green, blue)

turn on the N64

switch your TV to Video 2

let me know if it worked

I made the mistake of seeing the x900e next to the b7a this weekend. I was ready to get the bigger TV for lower price, but those blacks had me mesmerized :smh:

I made the mistake of seeing the x900e next to the b7a this weekend. I was ready to get the bigger TV for lower price, but those blacks had me mesmerized :smh:

I had the 900E first and trust it's pretty close to an OLED and for the price... the blacks look better on the 900e over the 930E ... I think sony botched the 930E bad. that should have been the FALD instead of Edge Lit

Im really not ready to drop 2500 on an oled :lol:

Thats what im sayin mannnnn lowest ive seen for a 65” is $2050..... a grip

But im one for the latest tech and prefer to future proof my big purchases.

The 55” OLEDs are more in my price range but i dont wanna go small and regret it.

Brokeboiz

Thats what im sayin mannnnn lowest ive seen for a 65” is $2050..... a grip

But im one for the latest tech and prefer to future proof my big purchases.

The 55” OLEDs are more in my price range but i dont wanna go small and regret it.

Brokeboiz

:smh: imma just put mine in my office and be good :lol:

say bruh

your N64 A/V cable should have 3 colors, yellow, white, and red.

the rear panel of your tv should have a (red, green, blue) for video then a (red, white) for audio

connect your N64 red and white to the furthest red and white on the left

connect your N64 yellow to the GREEN from the (red, green, blue)

turn on the N64

switch your TV to Video 2

let me know if it worked

Woah, the GREEN :emoji_thinking: . I was trying the yellow yesterday. Will report back when I get home.

Just tried to search x900e or OLED and goddamn you weren't lying :lol:

Ok I can confirm Palo Alto Frys has the OLED sale still going...

if you have a slick deals account it seems like if you ask and put your email someone will send you a receipt of their purchase and you can price match it over to Best buy.. yall need to stop playing and capatilize on this deal... you won't need a tv for another 5-6 years

Ok I can confirm Palo Alto Frys has the OLED sale still going...

if you have a slick deals account it seems like if you ask and put your email someone will send you a receipt of their purchase and you can price match it over to Best buy.. yall need to stop playing and capatilize on this deal... you won't need a tv for another 5-6 years

I'll see if I can swing a receipt off of there. Do I price match online or in store? Also I don't have a Frys anywhere close would that throw a wrench into it?

IMO right now on the market besides the OLEDs the two best TVs: low end the TCL P series from BB for $599 and on the high end the 75XBR940E.

Woah, the GREEN :emoji_thinking: . I was trying the yellow yesterday. Will report back when I get home.

im 99% certain the 'yellow' you tried is not a RCA connection

meaning, you need a (3.5mm to Triple RCA) adapter to use that connection

like this:

51jyrEctj0L._SY355_.jpg

EDIT: nvm, i found your manual. yeah, that what you need to use that yellow connection.

1zyem4w.png

this is what you need to do:

19t5zq.png

Last edited:
Can someone give me any tips on how to calibrate the HDR on my PS4? Granted it’s not a pro, but all PS4 models can support HDR. Having trouble getting the right picture on my TCL P605. I’ve tried rtings calibration settings and also this guy on YouTubes. But it’s just that the picture looks washed out and gray with dull colors when it gets put in HDR mode.

I haven’t tried calibrating it on the app yet through expert settings. I’ve tried using HDR on NBA 2k18, COD WWII, and Assassina creed origins. All games support HDR but I just can’t get a good picture.

Rtings calibrates with a very dark room in mind. Like in the theater dark. If there's even a little light in the room the colors are going to look washed.

If your room is dark enough already, maybe it might be your eyes maybe? Maybe the colors are right but your eyes are just used to extreme settings.

I landed a $2100 (Shipping and taxes included) deal on my OLED C7 for black Friday. Extremely satisfied so far. Just be aware that its full potential is watching Dolby Vision and HDR10 video content which is still not that readily available. Black levels look sick on the set.

Back
Top Bottom