Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

link to a good deal on a 65” c1?
To be honest when it comes to TVs, authorized dealers have to stand by the price LG sets.

So right now the C1 is going for 1700 give or take a 25 to 50 bucks.

If you are finding someone significantly cheaper, you have to question the company, and if it's BNIB or refurb.

You can get a deal open box for about $1400 or maybe cheaper if you tell the manager you're going to buy a bundle or protection.

The reason for this is, if the tv is $2k and LG says we can run them for a special for $1.6 ... that extra $400 is reimbursed or portion if it by LG to the retailer. If you adjust the agree upon price, any and all reimbursement is void.

Good comparison vid of LG C2 vs Samsung S95B. QD-OLED definitely looks like the way to go but I’m waiting to see how it does against the G2 with its heatsink.

Good comparison vid of LG C2 vs Samsung S95B. QD-OLED definitely looks like the way to go but I’m waiting to see how it does against the G2 with its heatsink.

the Samsung Oled is nice but there is too much shilling from the reviewer and shows quite some bias. I saw some weakness with the Samsung so the statement of it being 100% better is farce.

Last edited:
Everyone want to jump on the OLED tech ...

I'll still stick with LG and then everything else. At least for a few more years.

Compared to an LCD? Its definitely better... the best even, but how much better is something you will have to answer after seeing one in person. $800 for a 55" inch isn't bad, and it's still an LG panel at the end of the day so the difference between the A1 for example won't be huge for the extra $500 or so you would pay for the LG.

Infinite contrast thanks to perfectly blackness it can do by turning out the pixels that aren't being used. Also I feel like the picture is more natural and not blown out and overly bright like some LCDs that have higher nits. I have 0 complaints with any of mine, just be careful with static images and you will be fine.

20220510_074329.jpg

Extra $100 a month, **** it... happy bday to me. Synchrony Home card ftw!

is the difference with oled that drastic? my girl wants one and im like huh why oled
if you haven't gotten a tv other than led tv, you wouldn't know the difference. the difference in contrast is really amazing and the degree of blackness and vivid color quality and detail.

til now, I still miss our old Plasma TV from ages ago. ridiculous contrast and detail and outstanding refresh rate that is still unparalleled to this day. haven't enjoyed as much sports on tv since the Plasma. the OLED comes closest overall. in terms of contrast, the OLED is at that Plasma Level, although it does decent as far as refresh rate goes. hope that manufacturers get to that level of refresh rate again.

the upcoming microled tvs sounds very promising. seen the quality of mini-led tvs and they are getting to that level of contrast,color, detail picture quality although the refresh rate is still a wait and see. so I can only think that micro-led should be a significant improvement.

I had an OLED and LCD in the house at the same time. After having an OLED for an extended time the blacks on the LED looked grey. Couldn’t get passed it.

Sounds like the higher end LCDs are closing the gap. You can’t miss what you never had but I’m sure you’d see a difference if they were side-by-side.

I had an OLED and LCD in the house at the same time. After having an OLED for an extended time the blacks on the LED looked grey. Couldn’t get passed it.

Sounds like the higher end LCDs are closing the gap. You can’t miss what you never had but I’m sure you’d see a difference if they were side-by-side.
you get used to it. by the time we replaced our plasma tv (which was awesome) with a conventional highend led tv, we could immediately pinpoint the difference without having to see side by side. watching the same shows and movies looked entirely different. missing details, less contrast, grayish, less color vibrance, mediocre refresh rate (sports and racing shows really suffered), and also, blown out whites. for someone who loves watching, this would make a hell lot of difference. but if someone is indifferent to whatever tv, a cheapo $200 tv should be more than enough.

it's not just the higher end lcd tvs are closing the gap but also the evolution of the technology being used. so far, I'm getting impressed with the picture quality of the mini-leds. they are getting there but they are still premature and still have some significant weaknesses compared to the oled tvs. but I believe they would improve over time. that is why I'm hopeful for the microled tvs.

I remember those disappointing edge-lit led tvs back in the day. those didn't last long.

I like it. If there is a Microcenter near you check them out, they have refurbs for less than what I paid for mine ($1,900 for the 77 inch refrub rn, for example). Still can't get VRR to work with my PS5.

I think the difference between OLEDs and high end LEDs are overstated I have both (CX q9na and qn90a) and for some HDR content I prefer the Samsung because the brightness is >>>. Black levels I give it to the OLED but the qn90a and other high end LEDs black levels aren't poor by any means. That being said if I'm buying a TV to put in a completely dark to moderately bright room the OLED is the way to go especially for gaming. My samsung is in my living room cuz it's bright af.

I think the difference between OLEDs and high end LEDs are overstated I have both (CX q9na and qn90a) and for some HDR content I prefer the Samsung because the brightness is >>>. Black levels I give it to the OLED but the qn90a and other high end LEDs black levels aren't poor by any means. That being said if I'm buying a TV to put in a completely dark to moderately bright room the OLED is the way to go especially for gaming. My samsung is in my living room cuz it's bright af.
it also comes down to preference. I hate too bright and blown out brightness and less contrast. some people like ultra-bright scenes. so far, I haven't seen a tv yet that comes close as far as the refresh rate smoothness of the Plasma tv although it does lack the color vibrance that led and oled tvs have.

Even premium LED suffer from light bleed.

Don't think Ill ever go back to one.

copped a 48 incher OLED for the office yesterday

LG c1 series with 120hz gunna hook up the ps5 for afterhours and maybe even watch some movies

Back
Top Bottom