Anyone here NOT stocking up on canned food, weapons? (seriously)

*Nktran001*
Its what I call oodles and (you heard me, 'and' not 'of') noodles/Cup Noodles...context clues, cuzzo...context clues...

Originally Posted by ownsaboat

Paper money will be worthless, store shelves will be empty, food will be scarce and mobs will rule. Think about how having a stash of food stuffs and weapons to protect it will help.

Wow...2 grenades and your done for, or I can just get a RPG, that way u and your can food would be done for.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

why everybody laughin at the OP?

i mean havin food on standby isnt a bad thing. an its better to have a gun and not need it...............you know the rest.

Exactly.

You should secure canned foods and protection, irrespective of potential anarchy.

I buy my case of 30 cup noodle soup every other week at costco.

but just in case Im selling a lot of crystals and e-bars..... just in case.
nerd.gif

If you really think it's going to get that bad, couldn't you just dip to another country?

Are you fools serious?

Stocking up on guns? For what?

You might as well put it to your head.

The Great Depression was world wide. 1st world countries will turn to 3rd world countries. 3rd world will turn to $%$*. Enjoy your paper money, it'll begood to wipe your tears when you're hungry and vulnerable.

The Great Depression was world wide. 1st world countries will turn to 3rd world countries. 3rd world will turn to $%$*. Enjoy your paper money, it'll be good to wipe your tears when you're hungry and vulnerable.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Money is paper. Please. What do you think some guns and canned food is going to do. I doubt you'd have enough bullets to defend yourself for long.

Back in 1980,

New Car $5,420
New House $86,160
Gallon of Milk $1.60
Gallon of Gas $1.03
Loaf of Bread $0.48
Income $9,916
Dow Jones 963

Now in 2007,

New Car $29,800
New House $293,300
Gallon of Milk $4.59
Gallon of Gas $3.03
Loaf of Bread $2.29
Income $28,625
Dow Jones 13,265

Yep, this is inflation, nothing surprising in there but look closely...

A 2007 average new car is 5.5 times expensier than a 1980 average car.
An average new house 3.4 times
Milk, 2.87 times
Gas, 2.94 times
Bread, 4.77 times

Average, goods are 3.9 times expensier nowadays than they were in 1980. Is your income 3.9 times your 80's income? According to that chart, average incomeis 2.88 times bigger... Now wait for 2008, with gas prices that high, every good without expection and commodities too (that include gold because we need gasto make mining machines work) plus a falling USD, we can expect a high inflation rate (not helped with injecting massive fiat money amounts in the system, anincreasing money supply = INFLATION) and a very high gold price in the near future.

So start to stack because right now, gold is cheap and I mean cheeaaaaap.

Back in 1980,

New Car $5,420
New House $86,160
Gallon of Milk $1.60
Gallon of Gas $1.03
Loaf of Bread $0.48
Income $9,916
Dow Jones 963

Now in 2007,

New Car $29,800
New House $293,300
Gallon of Milk $4.59
Gallon of Gas $3.03
Loaf of Bread $2.29
Income $28,625
Dow Jones 13,265

Yep, this is inflation, nothing surprising in there but look closely...

A 2007 average new car is 5.5 times expensier than a 1980 average car.
An average new house 3.4 times
Milk, 2.87 times
Gas, 2.94 times
Bread, 4.77 times

Average, goods are 3.9 times expensier nowadays than they were in 1980. Is your income 3.9 times your 80's income? According to that chart, average incomeis 2.88 times bigger... Now wait for 2008, with gas prices that high, every good without expection and commodities too (that include gold because we need gasto make mining machines work) plus a falling USD, we can expect a high inflation rate (not helped with injecting massive fiat money amounts in the system, anincreasing money supply = INFLATION) and a very high gold price in the near future.

So start to stack because right now, gold is cheap and I mean cheeaaaaap.

I think we'll be fine. Times will be tough but not THAT tough.

having food and guns is never bad so...

The Great Depression was world wide. 1st world countries will turn to 3rd world countries. 3rd world will turn to $%$*. Enjoy your paper money, it'll be good to wipe your tears when you're hungry and vulnerable.

12 days you say?

In unrelated news, the NBA season starts in 18 days. 18 days! We don't have much time people, prepare yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom