*** Apologizing first...Sign of Weakness, Being the Bigger Man? ***

obi wan kobe

Banned
1st off we have all been in situations where u might have to apologize weather or not you wanted to or not. I am a real cool laid back guy that likes to havefun and treat people the way I want to be treated.
Long story kinda short. A dude bumps into me at this little lounge spot here in Atlanta. Some 6'4 dude bumps me hard as hell, on accident I think, but helooks at me and I look at him like "oh you cool, my bad". He looks down on me (I'm only 5'9) and he tells me to watch the "F" outlittle _____.
I'm a taurus ,cool as hell, but the minute I feel tested I lose all self control and black out and do some dumb @@@. Nevermind you I'm like 8 deep.Anyways... I said "oh ok, you got it man, my bad...you good". He keeps goin on with it like "na lil' _____, watch yoself weak $#@ little_____". I ask him, "do you really wana do this right now bra? 4real ....do you? U want a drink or somthin bra? I don't even know you like that,so I apologize aight". And I'm out. But he keeps yellin and frontin for his people he with.
Anyway security break it up and life goes on. What is it when u do apologize and try 2 keep it movin? Why do they think they can keep tryin you? Like I said, Ididn't know him like that and he don't know me. Meaning i don't know what u got or who you with, lke wise.People look at u like u got chumped offor you weak and all. Me I don't care, I know what I'm capable of, but I'm tryin 2 enjoy my night you know. I just wana know what you think.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I HATE apologizing.

mad.gif
mad.gif

I feel u. But at the same time it's a catch 22. Am I saving my life or yours. I would love to fight, get beat the hell up or not...but now day u never knowif somebody wana draw down on you. And this being a Lounge...there is no pat downs or what not. I've came here with pistols on me.(No NyFly). I just wanabe smart. Eff the name calling but I'm still breathing after it's said and done.

NT'LKN since NikePark

Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kobe

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I HATE apologizing.

mad.gif
mad.gif

I feel u. But at the same time it's a catch 22. Am I saving my life or yours. I would love to fight, get beat the hell up or not...but now day u never know if somebody wana draw down on you. And this being a Lounge...there is no pat downs or what not. I've came here with pistols on me.(No NyFly). I just wana be smart. Eff the name calling but I'm still breathing after it's said and done.

NT'LKN since NikePark
if you have this mindset, then who cares.

jail/A!! whoopin handed out or recieved/ or death
not much good will come out of fightin.

Originally Posted by West2East

You did right. Just remember a random person isn't worth it.

Yessir. Just be the bigger man and keep it moving. Unfortunately that couldn't be said the same for the dude who was acting hard body
eyes.gif

In some situations it's a sign of weakness in some its being the bigger man.In your situation i would have apologized for bumping him, but once he gotout of line i probably would have let my testosterone get the best of me. It's kind of a lose/lose situation because either way you are showing weakness ifyou do something you let his actions get the best of you. If you don't do anything he still gets the best of you by intimidating you. So its kind of hardto know if your handling a situation correctly or not.

Dude seems like he was all bark no bite. If he really wanted to do something, he would've hit you as you were talking. Period.

Fact is, you should've kept it moving after you apologized. If I bump into someone, I say "my fault, while walking away. No one out here is worth yougetting killed/arrested.

If I know I am not wrong, I will not apologize. Sometimes I just have too much pride I think. Works both ways

being wrong and caring about who apologized first is a sign of weakness... any real man will own up to his mistakes and correct them if possible...

yall need to drop that childish, hood mentality and become ADULTS... for real... its becoming disgusting...

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

being wrong and caring about who apologized first is a sign of weakness... any real man will own up to his mistakes and correct them if possible...

yall need to drop that childish, hood mentality and become ADULTS... for real... its becoming disgusting...

If I bumped him 1st I would have said sorry and moved on. My point is...he bumped me hard as hell and I seen him tryin 2 move threw the croud like he was Shaq.Most real dudes in clubs will bump each other on accident and give u the "my bad" and move on. it was his fault but I gave him the benfiet of thedoubt and still said sorry and tried 2 keep it movin. I don't care what people say. If I did I wuda bombed first. But I've calmed down latley asI've got older. It aint cool or worth it.

Originally Posted by pinkpob

I NEVER apologize, i'm sorry but that's just the way I am

spamblock.png

I don't like literally saying sorry for certain situations, I think admitting when you are wrong takes bigger balls than just saying you're sorry, itjust seems like a bailout to me.

If I'm in the wrong then I don't have a problem apologizing. I don't see why it would be a weakness. What does it hurt? your pride? If your prideis hurt by apologizing then you are a very insecure man. There are bigger things to worry about in life.

after you left, he prolly went to his boys and was like, "you see that? b ain't want none." thinkin' he's all coo and isht.

to me apologizing is hard, but eff it, if i'm wrong i'm going to do it, ain't no use fighting it.

u kno i part of me would apologize, but the other part of me would have let my hands go... if u get kicked out its whatever, at least you got something to talkabout hahaha

you did right man fools these days is looking for a reason to pull a strap out on somebody and make them squirm or put them down. He tried you, and he wantedyou to retaliate and you didn't he was mad cause you didn't try him back. But if you reacted his people would have squadded up on you and hecould've got the drop on you and put you down.

"Run today, live to fight another day"

Pick and chose your battles, cause that was a clear setup to put you down

Back
Top Bottom