Apple 2012 keynote : live blog link pg 1

new maps looks cool. Gonna be hard to beat Google though. Idk how it is on the iphone but Google maps itself is GOAT.
They have maps on the Moon and Mars!

Originally Posted by Al Audi

just update the freaking store already

qft

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

dissapointed theres no new iPad mini
qft, & the iphone is not a iPad mini, as some funny guys
eyes.gif
would like to suggest it is.
will wait for nexus tablet then
nerd.gif

I know absolutely nothing about notebook GPUs. Is that 650m good enough to play any games?
Really the only games I'd put on there is DC Universe and Diablo 3.....I don't think DC Universe runs on OSX though

Another thing....does anyone actually use firewire? I have yet to come across a firewire device.
Why no HDMI port for the regular MBP
frown.gif

Apple knows they could of added a BR drive too. Cheap fools

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Another thing....does anyone actually use firewire? I have yet to come across a firewire device.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
  Welcome to Apple.  That stuff will be reserved for the next model.  

Man, I'm bummed there was no news of new/updated iMacs.  Still hoping for a silent refresh though.  

frown.gif

because they sell a hdmi adapter for 30$ 

frown.gif

i do but that may be because im still on a 2008 model computer
sick.gif
All of my external hard drives are connected via firewire. The BR thing boils down to licensing and money. It would be nice to have but i gave up on that a long time ago. I'd rather have no optical bay at all. The ones apple uses are a piece of $%%@ anyway
laugh.gif
. If i saw correctly, it looks like the new macbook pro is without that bay after all
pimp.gif

The more I think about the more I realize how overpriced these laptops are.
Apple should just license out OSX to other companies so you can bet better features and a better deal. Because that is the only reason I'm buying this thing.

Dang, No New Iphone? I've been eligible for an upgrade for the longest, but oh well. I guess it is worth the wait..  
tired.gif

No iMac
frown.gif

I wanted to say that I am impressed with the new iOS, but it's like 703 said these are overdue features..

Apple doesn't believe in blu-ray but you think they'd put their pride aside and put in on a $2k machine!..........Well on second thought NOPE
laugh.gif

Apple should just license out OSX to other companies so you can bet better features and a better deal. Because that is the only reason I'm buying this thing.

You can buy OSX Mountain Lion for $19.99 and run it on anything that is Intel based...
Also, the specs aren't quite where I want them either so I'll be holding off until the next release I think. But maybe a 13" quad-core i7 is too much to ask for because of heat. I know the quad-core iMac i5 runs pretty hot...

frown.gif

I use firewire on the daily in audio and video production. Thunderbolt integration has not hit the production market yet. I will be waiting on the mbp/thunderbolt integration until legitimate products have hit the market.

Also, I read somewhere that they are getting away from optical drives period, aka no DVD's/CD's and everything will be flash or app store download.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Apple doesn't believe in blu-ray but you think they'd put their pride aside and put in on a $2k machine!..........Well on second thought NOPE
laugh.gif

This. Steve jobs really wasn't a fan of blu-ray. Said the loading times were too long. I think that and they're almost in competition with blu-ray with the Apple Tv is probably why you won't see blu-ray on a Mac.

those new macbooks are fire but that $2200 price is
sick.gif

ima rock out with my 13" core 2 duo mbp for another 8 yrs...dat 10hr battery life
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

You can buy OSX Mountain Lion for $19.99 and run it on anything that is Intel based...

Really? More info?
Last I read you could only use OSX on Mac products, unless you build a hackintosh and that seems like more trouble than it's worth

You're right, that IS the only reason you're buying this thing.... and that's exactly how apple wants it. 
Why in the world would they license their OS when they're printing money with their business model. 
Their OS is the the biggest competitive advantage apple has over the market.

Not a jab at you, but this is for people that are wondering why apple doesn't add this or why it didn't have bluray etc.... 

Originally Posted by buggz05

Really? More info?
Last I read you could only use OSX on Mac products, unless you build a hackintosh and that seems like more trouble than it's worth
A hackintosh is pretty much just a pc with osx installed; but after further research, you need to make sure your components are compatible. I would do some reading-up on it. Regardless, you can purchase a pc laptop somewhere, if the cpu etc. is compatible, and install osx.

http://wiki.osx86project.....php/Installation_Guides

From a business standpoint yeah it makes sense. Do the bare minimum and charge a premium price because you own your own OS and if someone wants to use that OS they have to buy whatever you put out. But I'm a consumer, so that rubs me the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom