• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
My 12PM is at 87% battery life.

I’ve had it since maybe March 2021. I didn’t think that was bad but y’all got me spooked in here :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 2.42.32 PM.png

Down 13% in 1.5 years, you charging your phone like this?

does anyone actually use apples auto-generated passwords?

that thing is an insane combination of characters that no one could remember which would be good but also makes it impossible to log in through other devices

that thing is an insane combination of characters that no one could remember which would be good but also makes it impossible to log in through other devices
For the few things I know I won’t use outside of my iPhone (such as an app or something), yes.

I couldn’t even tell you what one of them was. But I know I’ve used it like once or twice.

I mean if you’re not using a password manager and implementing complex strong passwords you’re moving goofy. The downside of using iCloud generated passwords is as you mentioned.

The downside of using a third party generated password is you’re going to have to copy and paste or manually enter your password with some degree of frequency.

I opt for a third party open source manager like Bitwarden. With iCloud Keychain, FaceID, TouchID, all working together logging in on any personal device is pretty frictionless.

For the few things I know I won’t use outside of my iPhone (such as an app or something), yes.

I couldn’t even tell you what one of them was. But I know I’ve used it like once or twice.

Exactly what you said!

I try not logging into sites outside of my iphone/apple devices for this password reasoning.

I have a couple of MacBooks so it's convenient.

but I also will go into my passwords where it's saved if I really need it on another computer.

i guess im not embedded enough in the apple environment to be able to strictly keep a password saved in 2 devices (ipad and iphone)

i tried to sign up for hulu and it gave me &^@%#^$@(!^@%#%$@*&$^!( as a password :lol:

so i can basically use 13 pro cases on my 14 pro? I like to raw it for a few days before i hit it with the cover.

Gotta go clear to show off the purp

why?

im trying to find reasons not to pay off my phone early and make the switch

Younger me would have been like I need these features but in reality I don’t. I just need the bare minimum. I’m coming from the 11pm so this upgrade would be fresh for me but as the days get closer I’m just not excited as I used to be. We’ll see though. I might come around once I have it in hand.

Just seeing that #Purplegang color got me excited for Friday. Very happy I went with that instead of black.

Younger me would have been like I need these features but in reality I don’t. I just need the bare minimum. I’m coming from the 11pm so this upgrade would be fresh for me but as the days get closer I’m just not excited as I used to be. We’ll see though. I might come around once I have it in hand.

The day of OMG this is dope are gone.

You get the new phone set it up and it looks identical to what you just had. You put it back in your pocket and go about life. The software at this point is a much greater "upgrade" then the hardware in this environoment.

I say this and am on the fence coming from a regular 11 if i want to upgrade. I don't take pictures really ever so any camera upgrade is just meh. I guess the dynamic island and better screen brightness and faster processor will be cool. But $1100+ cool?

The day of OMG this is dope are gone.

You get the new phone set it up and it looks identical to what you just had. You put it back in your pocket and go about life. The software at this point is a much greater "upgrade" then the hardware in this environoment.

I say this and am on the fence coming from a regular 11 if i want to upgrade. I don't take pictures really ever so any camera upgrade is just meh. I guess the dynamic island and better screen brightness and faster processor will be cool. But $1100+ cool?

You pretty much nailed it. I do take a lot of pictures so it will benefit and the dynamic island was a nice touch for sure. If I end up keeping this phone, it will be my last for many years.

when you guys switch to a new iphone which method do you use to transfer?

last couple of phones i’ve been a start from fresh guy but now i’m feeling like logging in to all my apps and resetting them is too exhausting.

does the iphone to iphone transfer method save all of your app data and login info?

coming from 12PM, what has peaked my interest are:

way better camera - and the updated macro from the 13 would be great and raw is a good option to have
pro-motion display - brightness
battery and overheating - i hate it when it goes to low power mode because of the heat and the phone becomes impossible to see in the sun (it might as well be off)

i want to say thats enough but im still undecided

does the iphone to iphone transfer method save all of your app data and login info?
yes

when you guys switch to a new iphone which method do you use to transfer?

last couple of phones i’ve been a start from fresh guy but now i’m feeling like logging in to all my apps and resetting them is too exhausting.

Side by side transfer. Easy as pie with iPhone.

You pretty much nailed it. I do take a lot of pictures so it will benefit and the dynamic island was a nice touch for sure. If I end up keeping this phone, it will be my last for many years.

We are way past the days of copping for not much more than owning the latest and greatest smartphone. Should be more than that motivating you to do so...

If you have to go back n forth about buying such things, just wait until you really want to do it. No biggie.

Before the 13PM 1TB I copped last year, I'd been using a 6S Plus 128 GB since launch and intended to go another long stint but there are things they added to 14PM that I think will actually hold me as long as the 6S did.

way better camera - and the updated macro from the 13 would be great and raw is a good option to have
battery and overheating - i hate it when it goes to low power mode because of the heat and the phone becomes impossible to see in the sun (it might as well be off)

yes
thanks

also fwiw the promotion display is easily the best feature apple has made in years imo

it’s subtle but when you come from non pro motion, it’s awesome.

i would buy just for that

yes

The only reason that could be a need more than a want is the better camera. Raw takes up a HUGE amount of space btw and unless youre editing like that its pointless. People complaining about needing to charge your phone twice a day? Cmon you aint doing nothing if you need to charge it only twice. When I first got my 12PM id charge it 4-5 times a day just cause I was heavy on the usage. Dynamic island meh.

Just say yall (not you specifically) wanna have the latest phone, thats fine too. :lol:

The only reason that could be a need more than a want is the better camera. Raw takes up a HUGE amount of space btw and unless youre editing like that its pointless. People complaining about needing to charge your phone twice a day? Cmon you aint doing nothing if you need to charge it only twice. When I first got my 12PM id charge it 4-5 times a day just cause I was heavy on the usage. Dynamic island meh.

Just say yall (not you specifically) wanna have the latest phone, thats fine too. :lol:

im not really into the latest tech, i had the 7 before i got the 12PM and had the 12PM received the macro capabilities of 13PM, (along with pro motion) i really wouldn't even switch... i initially planned to keep the 12Pm for at least 5 years but...

i mainly do watch/timepiece pics and a capable macro camera on a phone is just so convenient so i dont have to carry my t7i around

and i do shoot raw at times and thats why i am considering bumping to a 1TB if i do upgrade plus i have the icloud storage and i can transfer pics out of my phone once a month if needed

and i got to charge my phone a few times a day, i just have a habit of putting on the charger when i get home but if its any indication, my 12Pm is less than two years and at 72% health my 7 was 52%-55% when i got rid of it i think so i think im wrecking this battery faster too :lol:

but even after all those, i still cant decide (probably doesnt help i just dropped $600 on a ps5 :lol: )

im not really into the latest tech, i had the 7 before i got the 12PM and had the 12PM received the macro capabilities of 13PM, (along with pro motion) i really wouldn't even switch... i initially planned to keep the 12Pm for at least 5 years but...

i mainly do watch/timepiece pics and a capable macro camera on a phone is just so convenient so i dont have to carry my t7i around

and i do shoot raw at times and thats why i am considering bumping to a 1TB if i do upgrade plus i have the icloud storage and i can transfer pics out of my phone once a month if needed

and i got to charge my phone a few times a day, i just have a habit of putting on the charger when i get home but if its any indication, my 12Pm is less than two years and at 72% health my 7 was 52%-55% when i got rid of it i think so i think im wrecking this battery faster too :lol:

but even after all those, i still cant decide (probably doesnt help i just dropped $600 on a ps5 :lol: )

Macro might be useful if you take pics of watches like that, but do you really need macro for that? I guess for the fine fine details but I dont think its necessary. A t7i is a crop sensor right? I mean if you have the proper lens itll be better than the iphone anyways. The convenience of having a phone to do even everything is very tempting though.

Macro might be useful if you take pics of watches like that, but do you really need macro for that? I guess for the fine fine details but I dont think its necessary. A t7i is a crop sensor right? I mean if you have the proper lens itll be better than the iphone anyways. The convenience of having a phone to do even everything is very tempting though.

yeah i use 35mm macro lens so it works great for most watch pics

as for the 12PM, it has a terrible ability to focus on smaller items and while i dont need to zoom in there to see a micro dust inside the dial, the 12PM just isnt sharp enough for what i like (text and hands usually too grainy even in optimal light)

and while im not looking at equal quality as a legit dslr but something much better than the 12PMs capable of

of course its one of those things that id still have to tyr myself but I have seen comparisons and it seems to make a huge difference, this vid might be a little exaggerated but i have gotten close to those type of pics on the 12PM

yeah i use 35mm macro lens so it works great for most watch pics

as for the 12PM, it has a terrible ability to focus on smaller items and while i dont need to zoom in there to see a micro dust inside the dial, the 12PM just isnt sharp enough for what i like (text and hands usually too grainy even in optimal light)

and while im not looking at equal quality as a legit dslr but something much better than the 12PMs capable of

of course its one of those things that id still have to tyr myself but I have seen comparisons and it seems to make a huge difference, this vid might be a little exaggerated but i have gotten close to those type of pics on the 12PM

Im a bit rusty on my DSLR knowledge since I retired my 6D years ago (full frame) but crop sensors in generally when paired with a lens, say your 35mm macro, isnt a true 35mm since its on a crop sensor. But I wonder if the fact its macro makes a difference? Yeah in rusty. :lol:

Ever wanna get a full frame camera? I mean I guess if its just for watch pixs it might be overkill of the new iphone can get you good results.

Im a bit rusty on my DSLR knowledge since I retired my 6D years ago (full frame) but crop sensors in generally when paired with a lens, say your 35mm macro, isnt a true 35mm since its on a crop sensor. But I wonder if the fact its macro makes a difference? Yeah in rusty. :lol:

Ever wanna get a full frame camera? I mean I guess if its just for watch pixs it might be overkill of the new iphone can get you good results.

i think thats about right, crop sensors crop pics so its not actually its true size but having a crop sensor (i think) is better for macro shots, it looks closer because of the field of view restrictions per say if that makes sense or maybe i just need a full frame to appreciate it more(?)

i have considered a full frame but it is pricey and my main goal is so that i have a capable enough camera in my pocket that i dont have to lug around a dslr :lol:

if i get a full frame, i might go mirrorless but still, i just dont like to carry too many stuff

Back
Top Bottom