Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
so i can basically use 13 pro cases on my 14 pro? I like to raw it for a few days before i hit it with the cover.

Gotta go clear to show off the purp

Pretty much, some minor things won't fit perfectly but for the most part it'll be fine. I was watching a video on it earlier tonight.

Can’t lie. After watching some reviews, the hype on the phone changed for me. I might even cancel my order.

Younger me would have been like I need these features but in reality I don’t. I just need the bare minimum. I’m coming from the 11pm so this upgrade would be fresh for me but as the days get closer I’m just not excited as I used to be. We’ll see though. I might come around once I have it in hand.

The day of OMG this is dope are gone.

You get the new phone set it up and it looks identical to what you just had. You put it back in your pocket and go about life. The software at this point is a much greater "upgrade" then the hardware in this environoment.

I say this and am on the fence coming from a regular 11 if i want to upgrade. I don't take pictures really ever so any camera upgrade is just meh. I guess the dynamic island and better screen brightness and faster processor will be cool. But $1100+ cool?

Yeah I've been binge watching iPhone 14 unboxing videos tonight. I'm on a 12 Pro and I'm 50/50. I'm sure if I update to iOS 16 I'll be good. The only reason to get the 14 would be the upgraded camera. I take a lot of photos and videos but I'm not a pro or heavy duty photographer that I use all the features or know the intricacies of the premium camera on the iPhone.

Trading in my 12 Pro I'll get $550 back. To pay $1,269.00 after trade-in (mind you I'd be upgrading to 512GB) for a better camera and the pill, I don't know man :lol:. And that's after paying outright $1300 for my 12 Pro last summer. It's not sensible and I could use that $1269 to get my new MacBook.

I guess I could do the monthly financing. I just hate having another monthly expense to pay for :smh: .

when you guys switch to a new iphone which method do you use to transfer?

last couple of phones i’ve been a start from fresh guy but now i’m feeling like logging in to all my apps and resetting them is too exhausting.

does the iphone to iphone transfer method save all of your app data and login info?

Like someone said, side-to-side wifi transfer. Seamless no issues.

damn so the iphone 14 pro not the max in europe this year starting off at 1449 euro instead of 1099 euro for the 128 da hell

the 1tb pro max in europe cost 2100 euros thats wild while in america the 1tb is $1599

Pretty much, some minor things won't fit perfectly but for the most part it'll be fine. I was watching a video on it earlier tonight.

Yeah I've been binge watching iPhone 14 unboxing videos tonight. I'm on a 12 Pro and I'm 50/50. I'm sure if I update to iOS 16 I'll be good. The only reason to get the 14 would be the upgraded camera. I take a lot of photos and videos but I'm not a pro or heavy duty photographer that I use all the features or know the intricacies of the premium camera on the iPhone.

Trading in my 12 Pro I'll get $550 back. To pay $1,269.00 after trade-in (mind you I'd be upgrading to 512GB) for a better camera and the pill, I don't know man :lol:. And that's after paying outright $1300 for my 12 Pro last summer. It's not sensible and I could use that $1269 to get my new MacBook.

I guess I could do the monthly financing. I just hate having another monthly expense to pay for :smh: .

Like someone said, side-to-side wifi transfer. Seamless no issues.

Not that it makes the upgrade entirely worth it by itself but you’re completely overlooking Pro Motion lol

I’m so out of the loop that I didn’t even know iphones have 512gb and 1 tb storage now. :lol:

Stopped caring about getting the newest phone a long time ago. As long as my phone doesn’t lag and has a long lasting battery that doesn’t overheat then i’m happy. Mainly just use my phone to browse on chrome, look at ig, google maps for navigation.

Apple Pay Later is gonna be a game changer once it's released

I mean AMEX has had it for about 4 years now. It's cool, but idk if it's "game changing".

For AMEX, let's say you buy something for $500. If you set it up in a plan to pay it over 6, 9 or 12 months you don't get charged interest, but the fee you pay on top of the $500 depends on your credit score/history etc.

So someone's fee could be an additional $80 over 12 months or it could be $200 for someone else.

I like the concept that you can pay for an expensive purchase at your own pace given a person's financial constraints, but honestly it's more of a win for the companies as it entices people who may not be able to afford something to buy it since you don't have to pay at once & if you miss one of some of the payments they will be eating. That's on top of the fee for the plan & if you have a credit card with a limit, the amount you put in a plan is deducted from your limit until you pay it off.

I'm not sure how Apple's will work, since I didn't know they were doing it, but coming from AMEX I'm not a big fan of it for the reasons above.

PO

Anyone have any 3rd party keyboard app recs? The stock keyboard is awful my word
I have been using a Logitech MX Keys with my M1 Mac mini and have enjoyed it so far.

I've been eying the MX Mechanical as an upgrade.

Thanks for all the links NT fam. Perused through the thread a week ago and ended up getting the iPhone 14 pro, I wonder how much different it will feel coming from the iPhone 7 :lol:

Thanks for all the links NT fam. Perused through the thread a week ago and ended up getting the iPhone 14 pro, I wonder how much different it will feel coming from the iPhone 7 :lol:

I went from 8 to 13 this summer.
The best thing I have enjoyed is the battery improvement. Phone lasts MUCH longer for the time being. Everything else feels the same though. I still prefer Touch ID too.

PO

I mean AMEX has had it for about 4 years now. It's cool, but idk if it's "game changing".

For AMEX, let's say you buy something for $500. If you set it up in a plan to pay it over 6, 9 or 12 months you don't get charged interest, but the fee you pay on top of the $500 depends on your credit score/history etc.

So someone's fee could be an additional $80 over 12 months or it could be $200 for someone else.

I like the concept that you can pay for an expensive purchase at your own pace given a person's financial constraints, but honestly it's more of a win for the companies as it entices people who may not be able to afford something to buy it since you don't have to pay at once & if you miss one of some of the payments they will be eating. That's on top of the fee for the plan & if you have a credit card with a limit, the amount you put in a plan is deducted from your limit until you pay it off.

I'm not sure how Apple's will work, since I didn't know they were doing it, but coming from AMEX I'm not a big fan of it for the reasons above.

PO

Seems like there's a million and 1 companies doing this already as well between Afterpay, Klarna, Sezzle, etc etc. Seems like Apple is looking to allow people to do this right at the counter now without having to be logged in to app or utilize the company card to do this. Definitely agree that it's not a game changer, just more convenient now.

Seems like there's a million and 1 companies doing this already as well between Afterpay, Klarna, Sezzle, etc etc. Seems like Apple is looking to allow people to do this right at the counter now without having to be logged in to app or utilize the company card to do this. Definitely agree that it's not a game changer, just more convenient now.

Yeah man.
I actually looked it up now & it's a little different, but similar concept. Still whatever to me...

No interest or fees. But...

-You have to use a debit card, no credit cards, which means you don't earn anything for your purchases.
-$1000 max purchase.
-It's a 4 payment total/pay every two weeks plan with the first payment due immediately at purchase. So no flexibility in choosing how long you want to spread the payments over.
-The amount they allow you to "pay later" depends on your credit. So if it's real good you can do up to $1000, if it's bad they might only let you do $300.

Article i read:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-pay-later-what-is-it-and-how-to-use_id140699

PO

Yeah man.
I actually looked it up now & it's a little different, but similar concept. Still whatever to me...

No interest or fees. But...

-You have to use a debit card, no credit cards, which means you don't earn anything for your purchases.
-$1000 max purchase.
-It's a 4 payment total/pay every two weeks plan with the first payment due immediately at purchase. So no flexibility in choosing how long you want to spread the payments over.
-The amount they allow you to "pay later" depends on your credit. So if it's real good you can do up to $1000, if it's bad they might only let you do $300.

Article i read:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-pay-later-what-is-it-and-how-to-use_id140699

PO

Thanks for the article. Definitely the downside to that that you must use a debit card.

paypal started doing this as well, before it was 4 payments every two weeks (no interest) but now theyve expanded to up to 2 years/monthly payment (plus interest)

i think its just easier for people to swallow paying $63/month than $1500 outright even if they have too pay interest on top

Is the option to see your battery percentage remaining still not available besides a widget on the homescreen?

Back
Top Bottom